The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

How did this nation win wars when people can’t keep their mouths shut ! 
Anyway if you don’t want to pay as much for the stadium don’t pay it, if you don’t like the costs don’t pay them and drop out 

EFL have never done anything sensible but yes they sure would like Derby county fans going around the country propping up smaller clubs whilst depriving the national leagues and lower of much needed finance! 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

None of it’s right but we have to find some kind of solution don’t we ?

I would consider suing the EFL if I was a private entity losing money to be given to a unproven case absolutely and they would have an excellent case I would suggest 

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Grow your interest pretty quickly then Ashley/Appleby... If I were the admins, I'd be putting a deadline for any 'better' bids to be placed and, if none materialise, make the Binnies the preferred bidders.

Yep I agree - Tuesday would be the latest to put up or shut up in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But it is the best bid if they are prepared to take on Boro and WW.

If the takeover cannot proceed without these being addressed then any other bids are not worth the paper they are written on.

But accepting the bid from Binnies as it stands could bring problems further down the line. It could cause HMRC for example to reject the deal offered. And even after we then emerge from admin, the new owners accepting an open ended liability for Boro and Wycombe claims coudl bring mor efinancial probelms even further down the line. And set a dangerous precedent.

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

But they can though.  I can't see any right minded business person rushing into buy a club that has 2 potentially large legal cases against it without mitigating the outcomes 

Q had a preferred bidder in mind last week. Was it the Binnies? 

10 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

At which point we refer them to the EFL’s rules. They’re the ones who say all football creditors have to be repaid 100%.

You know the obvious answer to that? Boro and Wycombe claims are not football creditors. See the thread on that one.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But accepting the bid from Binnies as it stands could bring problems further down the line. It could cause HMRC for example to reject the deal offered. And even after we then emerge from admin, the new owners accepting an open ended liability for Boro and Wycombe claims coudl bring mor efinancial probelms even further down the line. And set a dangerous precedent.

But the Administrators have an easy job, they'll sort all that in a minute or two! ? 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

One problem at a time. At the moment, if it’s the Binnie bid or liquidation, no one’s turning it down. The Gvt have already said HMRC won’t be the reason we fold. It’s in no one’s interest.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

You know the obvious answer to that? Boro and Wycombe claims are not football creditors. See the thread on that one.

Yep.

No chance of the EFL making that determination though as MFC will immediately open legal proceedings against THEM then.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

The Precedent is now absolutely firmly established! You can Bully you can intimidate you can be the reason to destroy another football club and you can profit from it despite failing on a sporting arena. Not only have the EFL allowed that the EFL have advised Middlesbrough to actively do that 

I must admit that I was pretty down after watching Rick (with a silent P) Parry's interview yesterday - quite clear he has no interest in helping the club but purely on making sure that the 2 opportunist, money grabbing, ambulance chasers get a payout so they don't go after the EFL. If the worst does happen, League 2 would be significantly higher in the pyramid than I could possibly have hoped for.....  

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Id guess the bid is based on a deal agreed with HMRC.

The EFL could easily say to its member clubs Boro and Wycombe , if you aren’t happy with the way we have regulated Derby County, in terms of timings and points deducted, then sue us directly. This would close down their claims immediately as they have no substance and avoid setting a dangerous inter club legal action precedent.

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The EFL could easily say to its member clubs Boro and Wycombe , if you aren’t happy with the way we have regulated Derby County, in terms of timings and points deducted, then sue us directly. This would close down their claims immediately as they have no substance and avoid setting a dangerous inter club legal action precedent.

Exactly. Derby broke the rules on spending and have been punished. Not during the actual seasons the offence was committed but that’s hardly unprecedented. Derby delayed resubmission as long as they could in order to avoid a points deduction last season. They may have “played the game” but they didn’t breach the timeline set by the EFL.

14 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

That's what gets me. Surely the EFL as administrators of the game are the ones responsible for ... err, well, administrating the game... Ensuring the rules are followed and handing out penalties when they're not.

You cannot have club claiming against club. Where would it ever end?

I do not understand why the EFL appear to be encouraging that instead of declaring "we're the governing body; we'll handle it".

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I must admit that I was pretty down after watching Rick (with a silent P) Parry's interview yesterday - quite clear he has no interest in helping the club but purely on making sure that the 2 opportunist, money grabbing, ambulance chasers get a payout so they don't go after the EFL. If the worst does happen, League 2 would be significantly higher in the pyramid than I could possibly have hoped for.....  

I’m surprised you’re surprised .

I’m not surprised by anything him or Birch say. 
Boro and Wycombe don’t surprise me either.  
The EFL are not my favourite people and never have been 

It’s like negotiating with both hands tied behind your back discussing with them