The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, gfs1ram said:

Sorry if this has already been posted on here but I cannot keep up.

I tweeted my response at the time -

" That's it then. we literally have it now in black & white ( no pun intended)

Gibson ensures DCFC is liquidated and Morris then has to pay the £20m+ under his guarantee.

Game set and match to Gibson - just no DCFC.

VENDETTA !!! "

That’s certainly my take on it too. He has a personal issue with Morris and is willing to see us liquidated if it hurts him even a little bit.  Absolute scum.

1 minute ago, gfs1ram said:

Sorry if this has already been posted on here but I cannot keep up.

I tweeted my response at the time -

" That's it then. we literally have it now in black & white ( no pun intended)

Gibson ensures DCFC is liquidated and Morris then has to pay the £20m+ under his guarantee.

Game set and match to Gibson - just no DCFC.

VENDETTA !!! "

I hope all these valid points are being forwarded to the correct people who are fighting our corner Tracey Crouch and so forth. Its painfully obvious its a vendetta and corruption of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know that, but you talk as if Morris is profiting from the situation. To me he is just trying to limit his losses to the £200 million he's already invested, rather than stump up another £20 million he probably hasn't got.

Providing we secure a buyer and continue as a football club, then it's a bloody good asset for the new owner to have and I would be very relieved to have 'our' stadium back.

If we don't, then we will be liquidated and everyone loses out, including Mel Morris. 

But I don't think we should jeopardise the future of Derby County because the best outcome for the club happens to be a good outcome for Morris too.

How do you know that Morris hasn't got another £20 million?

So basically this now reads like a ploy to get MM back to the table and to try and get him to underwrite any compensation claim, which clearly won't happen. This appears to now just be a stand-off between two wealthy individuals (one of which has no management responsibilities) at the expense of the fans. As I said earlier, I can see Wycombe potentially blinking but Boro and the EFL will see us go down.

For MFC's fans' sakes, I hope that if they fail FFP (which looks like there may be a possibility), nobody takes a disliking to their chairman. I wouldn't wish this on any club, even Middlesbrough...

41 minutes ago, OUFCfan said:

As an outsider can I ask, who is to blame for the situation you're all in now, I'm presuming Mel Morris? but were there others? 

I know EFL, MFC/WW issues are ongoing but that obvs didn't start the situation

For me it’s blindingly obvious. The EFL has failed in its duty as a governing body.

Mel Morris gambled, failed, and ran out of money. We might have soldiered on with him but Covid threw petrol on the glowing embers. 

The EFL however have pursued clubs that breach FFP as if they were pariahs and cheats when in fact they were just clubs with funds trying to compete with the half dozen parachute clubs with so much money following their fall from the prem that they have budgets vastly different from other clubs in the league. FFP and P+S were never anything to do with fairness. 

The EFL has been limp when selling rights to broadcasters which hasn’t helped the finances of the championship but has been antagonistic in the extreme towards anyone who has the temerity to question its competence.

When it has been called on to show leadership it has vacillated, dithered, acted to preserve its own status and power rather than the clubs it is supposed to represent. It is riven with self interested groups and hasn’t an iota of sportsmanship in its rotting corpse. It’s lack of professionalism in presenting cases in dispute has at times been laughable, preferring to rely on power and pomposity rather than fact and reason. 

In my opinion it needs disbanding forthwith. 

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

So basically this now reads like a ploy to get MM back to the table and to try and get him to underwrite any compensation claim, which clearly won't happen. This appears to now just be a stand-off between two wealthy individuals (one of which has no management responsibilities) at the expense of the fans. As I said earlier, I can see Wycombe potentially blinking but Boro and the EFL will see us go down.

For MFC's fans' sakes, I hope that if they fail FFP (which looks like there may be a possibility), nobody takes a disliking to their chairman. I wouldn't wish this on any club, even Middlesbrough...

I wouldn't wish this on any club's fans, but I think it would be saint-like not to wish ill on their owner! 

18 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Dunno, though. £20million is a lot, and I suspect more than enough to pay off Middlesbrough and Wycombe (I'm not saying I'd be happy doing that, but a buyer might.)

The best solution here is that the EFL rules that Middlesbrough and Wycombe aren't football creditors, since they weren't owed money at the point we went into adminstration, our administrators haven't accepted their claims, and football clubs should basically follow the same rules of adminstration as any other company. They won't, it seems, because they would get sued: so instead they create a terrible precedent and hide behind the language of "balancing interests".

But yeah, Mel comes out of this badly if he basically put the club into administration but hived off the only real asset to cover his personal liabilities. I could see why the real creditors would be annoyed by that, let alone Gibson.

But it's £50 million offer including stadium. So £20 million for MSD. £8 million football creditors all have to be paid. Quantuma fees. Maybe £20 million for the rest. So nothing for Boro and Wycombe. Which is what they are worth. 

2 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Regardless, can you really see him stumping up any more? I'd love to be proven wrong.

No I can't but the point is he may not want to stump up anymore to try and resolve the total mess he created rather than doesn't have the money to do so.

Big difference. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Hard to say until they come out with an actual figure, they have dismissed claims of it being what has been reported, but £20m might not even touch the sides.

Let's say £20m is what Mel wants and both Boro and Wycombe would be happy with £10m a piece, Mel drops any demands for payment for the statement to get this done. It's a done deal.

Is that good for the game? The admission that by cheating we cost Boro a place in the Championship and by using the timeframe given by the EFL cost Wycombe a place in the Championship.

Let's say Stoke finish 6th above Blackburn by a point, Stoke lose in the play offs and it's announced they failed FFP this season. Blackburn will be looking at this and writing up their claim for £10m and each season as the prize gets bigger, that £10m goes higher and higher.

You could argue it would be great for the game, a real deterrent for failing FFP, I don't know, just feel it could open the floodgates to even more claims and it would have a knock on effect across all leagues in the country.

In the probable event that my life continues for a further 30 years, I would much sooner embrace, live, support, buy the merch, promote the badge and even throw some hard earned in to help fund a phoenix club than put a single penny into the coffers of that smoggy twit.

To those who disagree, “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody and support the values of that which degrade our beautiful something"

I'm normally positive. However I am resigned to the club being liquidated. Too many people will have to back down and unless someone comes in a doesn't care how much money they have to spend to save the club (which won't happen) I honestly can't see a way we come out of this surviving.

I would be done with football. I would never watch another game again.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know that, but you talk as if Morris is profiting from the situation. To me he is just trying to limit his losses to the £200 million he's already invested, rather than stump up another £20 million he probably hasn't got.

Providing we secure a buyer and continue as a football club, then it's a bloody good asset for the new owner to have and I would be very relieved to have 'our' stadium back.

If we don't, then we will be liquidated and everyone loses out, including Mel Morris. 

But I don't think we should jeopardise the future of Derby County because the best outcome for the club happens to be a good outcome for Morris too.

I'm just saying that getting the loan and offering to guarantee it 'personally' (but actually with an asset you hived off from a company you then put in administration) was a reckless thing to do which is quite possibly contributing to our situation now. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite clear who I think the main villain is. But a story doesn't have to have just one villain.

1 minute ago, KBB said:

I'm normally positive. However I am resigned to the club being liquidated. Too many people will have to back down and unless someone comes in a doesn't care how much money they have to spend to save the club (which won't happen) I honestly can't see a way we come out of this surviving.

This is pretty much how I feel right now.

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

Just watch boro games to support the other team,that'd work for a bit

45 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

Lads, lads, lets not forget that the stadium is worth £ 80 million because an esteemed valuer said so.  So buy it back for £ 20m from Mel, sell it for $ 80m to an independent third party, bung Boro and Wycombe £ 10 million and use the remaining £ 50m to clear the debt and recapitalise.

If you’re not  Mel Morris then you’re certainly related lol!

48 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With regards Gibson's statement - like others have said before, what the hell does it have to do with him about the MSD/Mel & HMRC deals. Admins have said they're pretty much in place, Gibson has no right to know the amounts. If he is so keen on knowing those figures, why doesnt he come out with the figure his claim is for or what he would settle for? Looks like he wants to know what others will get so he knows what to ask for. Says it all about the bloke when he claims its a relatively simple task to get us to exit admin. Everyone knows how difficult it was even without his nonsense claim, it is simple now for us to exit admin though if he dropped his claim!

In terms of Mel & the stadium - I thought Mel gets £0 from it? The £20m goes to paying off the MSD loan, so MSD are paid & the new owners owns the stadium? If Mel was happy to accept less, would that not mean we would still owe MSD the difference which would need to be paid for the new owners to own the stadium? Or have I got that all wrong.

As for the EFL, what a load of eaffle. Stating rules, regs, laws yet their own arent upto date. Then stating they need to know the preferred bidder when everyone knows there isnt one until Boro/WW are sorted, have they had their heads in the sand these past weeks or what!

The EFL are Gibson - his stooge sits on the board that’s why he wants to know the details of who’s bidding and how much - that’s why both statements come out at the same time.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is pretty much how I feel right now.

Horrible feeling.

It's a constant anxiety in my life.

This club is my life. Yes work, family, friends and everything else, but this club is my life.

I honestly don't think I would be able to bring myself to sit down and watch a game of football again. I dont care about other clubs, they mean nothing to me, it would be going through the motions and when that happens, in any aspect of your life you have to cut ties and walk away.

Sorry to everyone trying to keep their spirits up. Today has finished any glimmer of hope I had.