The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, 61GT said:

On first reading this extract sums up the situation very clearly, a refreshing change from much of the other nonsense being written about us at the moment.

A very good article but sadly the press don't influence the suits at the EFL - they're highly unlikely to ever admit any form of culpability for their contribution to the fiasco ?

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Admin’s plan is pretty clear - maintain radio silence, let the pressure build on the EFL/MFC/WW and hope that they blink first if they can be guilted into doing the right thing.

Feel the pressure has already started to drop. Seemed to be pretty heavy Monday-Wednesday but today feels flat and I feel defeated.

Just now, MK-Ram said:

Feel the pressure has already started to drop. Seemed to be pretty heavy Monday-Wednesday but today feels flat and I feel defeated.

Local MPs/Counsellors are meeting the EFL today aren’t they? Got to think they’ll be getting a bumpy ride there, and hopefully some less than flattering quotes to the press afterwards. Certainly need to keep the momentum up though. 

I think it's dangerous to concede anything to Boro & Wycombe - they have to be talked down by Government and the EFL. If we accept that their claims are in any way valid, that opens the door to other clubs who haven't contemplated making claims and expecting settlements, unless the EFL change the rules to outlaw clubs taking action against each other for such matters. The can of worms that would be opened for further action against other clubs could destroy the pyramid system.

All disciplinary matters should in future be the responsibility of a new regulator paid for by the EPL, since they're the ones with 90% of the TV money.

15 minutes ago, 61GT said:

On first reading this extract sums up the situation very clearly, a refreshing change from much of the other nonsense being written about us at the moment.

Not far enough in trashing the Efl but it’s a start for the Nationals . Maybe he could send an internal email to his colleague John percy

Wycombe chairman was also asked about the status of his claim (by me) on Jan 7. Still waiting on a reply. Why not confirm the number and the reason behind it?

Maybe he’s blocked you Al, like you block anyone who disagrees with your narrative.

Regards HB ( blocked 6 months ago for suggesting you were best man at Gibbo’s wedding)

Edited by hintonsboots

13 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

A very good article but sadly the press don't influence the suits at the EFL - they're highly unlikely to ever admit any form of culpability for their contribution to the fiasco ?

No. But they may influence politicians who only on Tuesday, having been informed what’s been happening on Monday, were pressuring the sports minister to bring forward legislation to abolish the EFL asap and replace with an independent regulator. The more noise there is out there to rubbish the narrative of Derby cheating and EFL/Boro bravely fighting for the integrity of the game, the better, I think. 

Just now, Crewton said:

If Nixon's info is correct, it puts beyond doubt that Wycombe and Boro are the problem, and it paints their owners in a very poor light (I'll leave it there to save the mod's work!)

If they're the cause ultimately in the liquidation of DCFC, they'll not walk away unscathed (in a reputational sense).

Or the EFL could stop claiming they're football creditors.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think it's dangerous to concede anything to Boro & Wycombe - they have to be talked down by Government and the EFL. If we accept that their claims are in any way valid, that opens the door to other clubs who haven't contemplated making claims and expecting settlements, unless the EFL change the rules to outlaw clubs taking action against each other for such matters. The can of worms that would be opened for further action against other clubs could destroy the pyramid system.

All disciplinary matters should in future be the responsibility of a new regulator paid for by the EPL, since they're the ones with 90% of the TV money.

Yes, the EFL has to sort this. But they're running scared. Of course 'the EFL' are the 72 clubs representatives, so why are they scared, surely all football clubs want their success to be on the field of play?

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And if Tracey Crouch isn't available, maybe another MP....say, oooh, I dunno, Margaret Beckett perhaps.

Margaret Beckett is a fantastic lady but she is DCFC through & through and hence wouldn't be seen as independent. Boro & their puppets at the EFL would be squealing bias at the first opportunity.

Tracey Crouch is the ideal choice given her background & no conflicting association with either side. Failing that the Sports Minister himself or 'Mr Crystal Palace' who did a good job deputising for him the other day.

Great idea by RT by the way - independent mediation is the only way this is getting sorted. Too many entrenched views now for the egos to compromise.