The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, I DONT MIND said:

pilot airplane GIF

Just one of the best films ever. I know it line by line and it's still hilarious.

Anyway, back on topic.

Another delay is frustrating yes, but as others have mentioned, I take solace from the fact that the EFL have chirped in this time. If they weren't happy with the progress, they'd have kicked off.

I realise that puts me in danger of putting faith in the EFL, perish the thought, but here we are.

I think part of the issue is fans, and to be fair a good amount of journalists, are treating this like a player transfer rather than a takeover. That partly due to the administrators so called ‘deadlines’ I’ll admit, but I don’t think it’s worth getting hung up on deadlines. 

There’s lots to get through and it only takes one silly, awkward bugger to slow the process. Any house sale is the same, never mind something on this scale

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I think part of the issue is fans, and to be fair a good amount of journalists, are treating this like a player transfer rather than a takeover. That partly due to the administrators so called ‘deadlines’ I’ll admit, but I don’t think it’s worth getting hung up on deadlines. 

There’s lots to get through and it only takes one silly, awkward bugger to slow the process. Any house sale is the same, never mind something on this scale

Careful, that sounds reasonable. Can't be having any of that here.

father ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Or they're treating it like a "normal" club takeover, which is basically just an agreement between the buyer and seller, not an admin exit agreement with dozens of interested parties.

I'm struggling to understand how inept a professional company can be. 

Q have issued so many false promises, it's untrue. Unless you can guarantee what you're saying, keep quiet.

At the weekend, we're told that they're aiming for Wednesday, 3 days later, we're now a further 2 days down the line, a 66% over shoot already and we're still not done. They'll argue that there were unforseen issues, but they've been handling this case for 9 months now and have already supposedly been at completion once. When they made their latest promise at the weekend, Q more than anyone else should have been fully aware of what was needed to complete.

There needs to be some kind of enquiry by a professional body when this is all over and the football authorities will hopefully be able to control who is allowed to act as administrators for their members.

We and the club have been poorly served by this company, but I doubt that we have any legal redress against them.

25 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Just one of the best films ever. I know it line by line and it's still hilarious.

Anyway, back on topic.

Another delay is frustrating yes, but as others have mentioned, I take solace from the fact that the EFL have chirped in this time. If they weren't happy with the progress, they'd have kicked off.

I realise that puts me in danger of putting faith in the EFL, perish the thought, but here we are.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

No not happening today.

Ashley hijack is the most likely cause. He’s probably filed an injunction to stop the sale pending the outcome of his action against Q regarding the assumed PB status in Jan.

I wouldn't rule anything out with Ashley, but I don't think he's got the right to do that. He's not a preferential creditor or a member of the companies in Administration, he's just a disgruntled bidder. All he can do is try to sue those he sees as having discarded his bid unfairly, which is what he apparently already doing. 

There seems to be a widespread inability to separate poor communication from overall competence. That combined with a misappropriation of blame whenever things don't go to plan is a lethal combination.

We didn't enter administration for a laugh. In the financial position Mel Morris left us, even before considering the extra problems he created with the EFL and Steve Gibson etc, liquidation was a very real possibility and perhaps even the most likely outcome. People appear to have forgotten just how much of a poo-show was inherited

Very few people would have touched the job. Part of a (particularly unbalanced) Athletic article the other week included one would-be practitioner saying they wouldn't have taken the job on unless the stadium was included in the first place, but they also recognised that there was no way of forcing that to happen. It struck me as a bit odd to say the least - it's too hard a job for them to take on, but they'll criticise those who did when it proves difficult? Nice one, Gerald.

The only thing that matters is that there is a buyer, anything more than that - avoiding further points penalties from not paying 25% to creditors and not paying player wages - is a bonus. That we are currently in a position of completing a deal that provides those bonuses is evidence in itself that the claims of gross incompetence are pretty far fetched.

Yes, some things could have been handled better, that will always be the case in a complex deal like this. Imperfection isn't incompetence. Incompetence would have seen us fold months ago, or starting next season with a points deduction that far exceeds even last season's.

Complain all you like about deadlines etc, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss if their communication skills upset people just as long as the job gets done in the end!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There seems to be a widespread inability to separate poor communication from overall competence. That combined with a misappropriation of blame whenever things don't go to plan is a lethal combination.

We didn't enter administration for a laugh. In the financial position Mel Morris left us, even before considering the extra problems he created with the EFL and Steve Gibson etc, liquidation was a very real possibility and perhaps even the most likely outcome. People appear to have forgotten just how much of a poo-show was inherited

Very few people would have touched the job. Part of a (particularly unbalanced) Athletic article the other week included one would-be practitioner saying they wouldn't have taken the job on unless the stadium was included in the first place, but they also recognised that there was no way of forcing that to happen. It struck me as a bit odd to say the least - it's too hard a job for them to take on, but they'll criticise those who did when it proves difficult? Nice one, Gerald.

The only thing that matters is that there is a buyer, anything more than that - avoiding further points penalties from not paying 25% to creditors and not paying player wages - is a bonus. That we are currently in a position of completing a deal that provides those bonuses is evidence in itself that the claims of gross incompetence are pretty far fetched.

Yes, some things could have been handled better, that will always be the case in a complex deal like this. Imperfection isn't incompetence. Incompetence would have seen us fold months ago, or starting next season with a points deduction that far exceeds even last season's.

Complain all you like about deadlines etc, but quite frankly I couldn't give a toss if their communication skills upset people just as long as the job gets done in the end!

I want you banned from this forum for at least a month. How dare you give a balanced and realistic approach on here! Be gone!?

I loathe to add this into everything given everything I’ve said about the source, but I have to admit I do take a quick look at what he says day but day. Also it’s a quiet morning and there might be someone out there who’s better at understanding the complexities of all this.

Theres a bit further stuff on the link if anyone wants to go through it.

Im not saying “Andy” has all his ducks in a row here, just thought it was worth adding to the thread.