The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, how could the EFL offer something to HIM and the WW bloke that gets them to insert their claims where daylight hours are known to be short without it being seen as a climbdown from them? What can the EFL offer them that's some sort of moral victory for them? Nothing.

Ego vs economics. Boro and Wycombe have nothing to lose by keeping their claims in place. The EFL have no power to force a climbdown. The administratos at Derby have very little they can do short of restructuring, liquidating of having a takeover agreed, whch is not possible with the WW and Boro claims existing.

duck the EFL and duck Wycombe Wanderers and duck Middlesbrough football club and it's owner who i do hope suffers from no ill health whatsoever.

The EFL don’t have to force a climbdown by Boro/Wycombe - they just need to abide by insolvency law and not treat them as creditors and relevant to our takeover. 

My feeling is some pressure needs to be put on the Admins.  Q look to me to have handled this whole situation appallingly. 

All any of us can do is read between the lines, we're hearing two very different sides to a story, one from Q and one from the EFL.  

I know it's not what people wanted to happen, cos people ultimately hope for the best scenario.  But I think stronger action should have been taken earlier.  I think if Q showed more willing to cut costs, pay debts and show that they are moving heaven and earth to solve the issues, the EFL may have been more lenient.  

It feels a lot more like they've tried to bluff everyone, us included, into making the situation look better than it was to try and convince a buyer to purchase sooner.  All the time accruing several million pounds that they'll be taking home with them when they do leave - even if the worst happened, they get their money.

I think they should have to answer some hard questions, personally.  The club, as a business, has been ran very poorly for a number of years, as things stand it looks like they've just continued that to me.  Frustrating.  

Edited by SBW

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This reply disappoints me on a number of levels. Its like he's been hypnotised and regurgitated unquestioningly what the EFL have fed him. 

The idea wasn't to report back what we already know it was to start to challenge the EFLs stance to gain some positive traction for the club.

Clearly he's on a totally different page to the rest of us.

He's still in the preface...... ?

Just now, SBW said:

It feels a lot more like they've tried to bluff everyone, us included, into making the situation look better than it was to try and convince a buyer to purchase sooner.  All the time accruing several million pounds that they'll be taking home with them when they do leave - even if the worst happened, they get their money.

They've got a preferred bidder lined up. No-one will go near us - whatever cost-cutting is done - until the Boro & Wycombe claims are gone. It's that straightforward!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They've got a preferred bidder lined up. No-one will go near us - whatever cost-cutting is done - until the Boro & Wycombe claims are gone. It's that straightforward!

Have they? It's been on the cusp of happening for 2 months now.  EFL saying no preferred bidder has been presented.  

I'm just being objective and not buying everything Q are saying, feels like they've been stringing everyone along for a little while now. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This reply disappoints me on a number of levels. Its like he's been hypnotised and regurgitated unquestioningly what the EFL have fed him. 

The idea wasn't to report back what we already know it was to start to challenge the EFLs stance to gain some positive traction for the club.

Clearly he's on a totally different page to the rest of us.

It’s a spineless response  Our MPs need to be telling EFL that these are vindictive and extortionate claims, that it is universally agreed they will not give rise to an award for damages, and that EFL needs to take that into account when reviewing the q plan 

Please send a message along these lines to your MP     I just have 

1 minute ago, SBW said:

Have they? It's been on the cusp of happening for 2 months now.  EFL saying no preferred bidder has been presented.  

I'm just being objective and not buying everything Q are saying, feels like they've been stringing everyone along for a little while now. 

Errr they can't get a preferred bidder to commit because of the Boro and Wycombe claims. That is the whole point of the problem. ?

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So liquidation is inevitable then?

Gibson and Wycombe won't back down.

EFL powerless/inept.

MPs fobbed off.

Bidders won't buy with the claims in place.

Mel won't help.

That's it then. Good for the nigh on 138 years that it lasted ?

If it’s that simple, all the administrators need to do, is present to the political stakeholders well our choice is X but they can’t complete the process due to the restrictions on the deal being put in place against statute law.

Just now, Zag zig said:

If it’s that simple, all the administrators need to do, is present to the political stakeholders well our choice is X but they can’t complete the process due to the restrictions on the deal being put in place against statute law.

Agreed. And I'd've hoped the Administrators have tried that.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s a spineless response  Our MPs need to be telling EFL that these are vindictive and extortionate claims, that it is universally agreed they will not give rise to an award for damages, and that EFL needs to take that into account when reviewing the q plan 

Please send a message along these lines to your MP     I just have 

Say we have a fire sale and end up playing kids for the season end. Could Stoke put in a claim(as we beat them twice with a much stronger side). If they missed out on the play offs. That would seem to have as much validity as the bananas of the other two claims.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

We haven’t heard anything from Appleby and Mel, it’s a disgrace!

Ashley has tried to sort the impasse out but hasn’t made a bid yet. Even if this Boro nonsense is sorted out, I very much doubt we have a serious buyer willing to pay the hmrc etc and invest properly in the club.

image.gif.6a2323b0698319f2382c3a5dcd53c978.gif

So on the one hand, the Administrators are saying "We were going to name the Preferred Bidder but the EFL won't allow us to", and on the other hand, the EFL have told Andrew Bridgen (and others) that... "the Administrators haven't named a Preferred Bidder".

Which one is closer to the truth, because at the moment, I don't believe anybody any more.

Sigh... yes we know what the EFLs stated issue is. It's the small matter of it being a load of nonsense. Even leaving aside the sheer cynical mischief making nature of these claims, if our team was so amazing then why didn't we win the playoffs ? How can they claim that they are owed money for this ? Based on League position over a whole season they were a worse team than us so on what grounds can they possibly reasonably claim that they would have won it ? That surely would be laughed out of court. At absolute best they could make a case for receipts from the home leg of the playoff semi.

The whole 'can of worms' nature of this just makes me think that the EFL knows that (at least in current form) it's days are numbered and they won't have to clean up the absolute mess that they are making by encouraging spurious claims and counter claims for any indiscretion amongst the league pyramid. The EFL decision and penalty was supposed to draw a line under things. This other stuff is all just bonkers.