The Administration Thread

Boycie

So, I guess Rooney took the idea of Freeman of The City of Derby too literally.   

I never agreed with that daft idea anyway.   

So is the root cause a potential salary akin to what he is really worth?   Over inflated wages are killing the game.

24 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I just don't think you understand football Kevin. I'm not sure you even go to watch Derby. You buzz around on here like an annoying wasp. Just what is the kick you get from being on here? Do you need the number for the Drugs Hotline? Just how are you going to occupy your time when this thread comes to an end FFS?

Happy to talk football  I understand enough to recognise that despite his considerable strengths in recruiting and motivating players, WR is - at this early stage in his career - in that category of managers who do not make effective decisions "in play". (Our national team suffers the same handicap, so we will need luck to go all the way in the world cup.)  I also think WR's team selection last season became increasingly questionable. You will consider it a foolish statement, and I've not said it before, but I think that any strong championship manager would have had us very close to survival, if not staying up, last season, particularly if Steadman could prove an adequate replacement for Jags (who incidentally ate very little cake over lockdown). The fundamental problem with last season was that WR decided on a style of play (time will tell, he may only have one) and forced it on a thin squad that did not have the wherewithal to make it consistently successful. I still watch Ravel's great team goal with elation though - and with sadness because of the shades of Wenger (someone I admire) and his commitment to a failing style of football.   

Rooney was a mixed blessing old friend. His PR team reflects his net worth, but for him we were as a snail is to garlic - a vehicle. Those who say he will walk into his next job may be right - but if you listen between the lines to the pundits you discover his competence as a manager is far from accepted, inside football. My money would be on Lampard and Gerrard to have much longer and more successful managerial careers that WR. I'd guess Stretford understands that, which is why the Kirchner project (Preston first, by the way) made so much sense to him. 

You don't respond substantively to my posts, but you have several times called my loyalty as a fan into question. You'll know from the match day threads that whether or not I am using my season tickets (they are always used), I watch every game. We all have different lives and circumstances.  

I look forward to your customary abuse in return - it's ironic that you are so critical of social media 

It really doesn’t matter that Rooney’s gone. We did ok in difficult circumstances when he was here and had some great experiences in extremis, but it was not amazing football. We will be less appealing to loanees but at least we exist! That’s the main thing. Happy to have a battling season, or several, in league one. It’s the competition that counts, and having something to care for on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, twelveincher said:

Just off a long drive and see the latest news. Got to try and remember that today has been a good day on the whole for Derby County FC. 
Still, the timing just seems so off for Wayne to leave now. Doesn’t seem ti make sense, especially with the rumours of him turning down a Chanpionship teams approach recently?!?

Because at that time Kirchner was still on to get the club, he hasn't, so Rooney goes. Can't see any other reason

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Now we have a loan for short term funding with no owner who will be negotiating player contracts? we need focus on renewing as many as possible over the next few days 

We have funding for the whole season

5 minutes ago, Redlandram said:

My take on it is that under Clowes, Morris remains a "sleeping partner" and that was a no no for Wayne.

Don't get me wrong C!owes is great news but we have not seen the end of Mel.

Hypothesis not ITK.

How does Morris remain a sleeping partner, in your hypothesis?