The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Is Carl Jackson Natalie Jackson’s husband?  Could be her source of information. 

I don’t think so. For all his faults Carl Jackson looks far too prim and proper to want to follow Billy Davies ?

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

"Former Wolves owner Steve Morgan and ex-Derby chairman Andy Appleby are considering a joint bid to buy the Rams out of administration and save them from liquidation.

...Morgan and Appleby have been put together by ex-Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey. He has been involved in American Appleby’s bid to buy Derby and knows Morgan well from their days working together at Molineux.

...It is hoped that a deal to take Derby out of administration will be struck before Thursday, when the 2022-23 EFL fixtures are released, although EFL sources say no deadline has been set and that interested parties will be given time to conclude a deal beyond that date."

Just got in the car, switched Radio Derby on and heard the presenter say, 'And the breaking news is that Robert Maxwell is the new owner of Derby County.'

Just for a second my jaw hit the floor and I feared I was in the middle of one of those Mandela moments that Carl explained earlier!

History of the Rams broadcast of course. ?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Former Wolves owner Steve Morgan and ex-Derby chairman Andy Appleby are considering a joint bid to buy the Rams out of administration and save them from liquidation.

...Morgan and Appleby have been put together by ex-Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey. He has been involved in American Appleby’s bid to buy Derby and knows Morgan well from their days working together at Molineux.

...It is hoped that a deal to take Derby out of administration will be struck before Thursday, when the 2022-23 EFL fixtures are released, although EFL sources say no deadline has been set and that interested parties will be given time to conclude a deal beyond that date."

Fingers crossed that an Appleby\Morgan v Ashley battle doesn’t distract Q from getting a deal across the line. The number of interested parties has to be good news.

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Just got in the car, switched Radio Derby on and heard the presenter say, 'And the breaking news is that Robert Maxwell is the new owner of Derby County.'

Just for a second my jaw hit the floor and I feared I was in the middle of one of those Mandela moments that Carl explained earlier!

Alzheimers of course. ?

FTFY ?

22 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Try Morrisons. Fish is better. Don’t know about big dinners. Little and often might be better 

Not got much leave left. Don’t mind where. Like swimming against the tide. Mars would be warmer this time of the season.

Prefer a matt finish meself so flock off.

I might be answering your reply, sources close to me say that could be likely  ?

15 words might do it, but maybe not

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see it as two into one, so one less bidder. But maybe with more to offer?

Perhaps but the only criteria for Q is the best deal for the creditors, I agree, two may now have become one we can only hope that the joining of the two provides a single deeper pocket ? ?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That seemed a very rational choice.  Both appear to be a similar type of person. 

I view both options - Ashley and this pair - as excellent in their own ways, but would be very different.  The former would be very austere around the edges, but he is going to want success at the same time so primed investment after a consolidation period; I think Ashley, for his faults, likes being a football club owner and would care about the club, should we not threaten him every time he comes to PP like at SJP.  I think the latter would be a longer consolidation period with a focus on very long term organic development.  

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that as well as or instead of the £60m bid Appleby put in?

Seems to me like even at this late stage no one really knows whats going on.

Meanwhile the clock keeps ticking, we have 1 kit (on order), 5 players (loaning 1 out) no pre-season friendlies and a rapidly approaching new season...

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I don’t think so. For all his faults Carl Jackson looks far too prim and proper to want to follow Billy Davies ?

I can see Billy Davies coming back as manage..  Billy Davies has been out of work for a long time.  Billy Davies has always done a good job at getting sides promoted, whilst Billy Davies would be a lot cheaper.  Billy Davies' "evening proclivities" should not distract from what Billy Davies can do as a manager.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Meanwhile the clock keeps ticking, we have 1 kit (on order), 5 players (loaning 1 out) no pre-season friendlies and a rapidly approaching new season...

15 players on professional contracts, with 8 contract offers to others.

Also 15 2nd year scholars, plus however many 1st year scholars who haven't been announced yet.

Why do people keep trotting out the line "we have 5 players" when the retained list clearly shows we have more than that ?

Clearly we need at least a dozen players added to the first team squad, but Byrne, Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley & Stretton is 8 not 5. Cashin, Watson & Thompson will soon be added to that list too in all likelihood.

Screenshot_20220614-182725.jpg

Edited by Carnero

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

£60 mil? Jeez it goes up by £10 mil every day, we’ll be more expensive than Chelsea if it goes on much longer!