The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

FFS!

"Ashley's lawyers alleged that Carl Jackson, one of the joint administrators, made representations that he knew were false.

Legal documents allege that Ashley's group, MASH, were told they were named as preferred bidders in January and it is claimed Jackson failed to inform the Football League, despite insisting he would. It is also alleged that Jackson did this with the intention that MASH would continue to engage in the bidding process, incurring costs in doing so, and to submit a formal bid which would drive up the price for other bidders.

Quantuma were contacted for comment on Thursday and a spokeswoman on behalf of Mr Jackson said: ..."We are not concerned by this claim, which we regard as frivolous, and we would like to reassure all parties that it will have no bearing on the successful sale of the club, which remains our overriding priority."

...Ashley, it is understood, is still set to table another offer to save the club from liquidation this week, with the League One fixtures to be announced next week.

A spokesman for MASH said on Thursday night: "Mike Ashley believes that the stadium and the football club need to be purchased with the same owner, as there is no way Derby in its current position can justify paying rent for the stadium.

"If he was successful in purchasing the club and stadium, he would undertake that no rent would ever be paid for the stadium."  

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Appleby bid in excess of 40m then for club & stadium

If 21.4m for the club that means around 20m for the ground, isnt that the price Mel wanted originally to settle the MSD debt

Where have you seen that? I can’t keep up!

1 minute ago, SaffyRam said:

Where have you seen that? I can’t keep up!

John Percy article tonight

"

Three other parties are understood to have submitted proposals this week: former Derby chairman Andy Appleby, ex-Wolves owner Steve Morgan and a local consortium.

Appleby's bid with group General Sports Worldwide is understood to be in excess of £40 million and is conditional on agreeing the purchase of Pride Park stadium, which is still owned by former Derby chairman Mel Morris."

This really is shocking. What’s Ashley’s tactic though? Is it going to help him get the club? As crap as Q are, it’s surely going to cause a massive delay if we have to appoint new administrators.

Ashley has gone public with the basic argument of "I have been duxked about by the admins" it will certainly make it hard for them to turn down any other public bids he may make as it then looks like thhry have an agenda against him.

Clever move in my opinion.

Edited by KBB
Sp

Just now, KBB said:

Ashley has gone public with the basic agreement of "I have been duxked about by the admins" it will certainly make it hard for them to turn down any other public bids he may make as it then looks like thhry have an agenda against him.

Lower your fees and I’ll drop my case would be the ultimate power move at this point.

Just now, KBB said:

Ashley has gone public with the basic agreement of "I have been duxked about by the admins" it will certainly make it hard for them to turn down any other public bids he may make as it then looks like thhry have an agenda against him.

He’s still got to bid £40m+ though if Percy’s right about Appleby’s bid. You would imagine that’s the leading bid, interesting 3 other parties have put bids in, including Morgan. 

Confirms that lots of talks have been going on and progress being made. Everyone knows the timelines. With the bids on the table there is surely enough to make something for creditors and the stadium to save the club even if we do incur -15.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

John Percy article tonight

"

Three other parties are understood to have submitted proposals this week: former Derby chairman Andy Appleby, ex-Wolves owner Steve Morgan and a local consortium.

Appleby's bid with group General Sports Worldwide is understood to be in excess of £40 million and is conditional on agreeing the purchase of Pride Park stadium, which is still owned by former Derby chairman Mel Morris."

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s in the Telegraph article mate 

Thanks both!

I’d read the article but hadn’t spotted the last couple of paragraphs right at the bottom cos of the blumin’ adverts!

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS!

"Ashley's lawyers alleged that Carl Jackson, one of the joint administrators, made representations that he knew were false.

Legal documents allege that Ashley's group, MASH, were told they were named as preferred bidders in January and it is claimed Jackson failed to inform the Football League, despite insisting he would. It is also alleged that Jackson did this with the intention that MASH would continue to engage in the bidding process, incurring costs in doing so, and to submit a formal bid which would drive up the price for other bidders.

Quantuma were contacted for comment on Thursday and a spokeswoman on behalf of Mr Jackson said: ..."We are not concerned by this claim, which we regard as frivolous, and we would like to reassure all parties that it will have no bearing on the successful sale of the club, which remains our overriding priority."

...Ashley, it is understood, is still set to table another offer to save the club from liquidation this week, with the League One fixtures to be announced next week.

A spokesman for MASH said on Thursday night: "Mike Ashley believes that the stadium and the football club need to be purchased with the same owner, as there is no way Derby in its current position can justify paying rent for the stadium.

"If he was successful in purchasing the club and stadium, he would undertake that no rent would ever be paid for the stadium."  

Ashley had no luck with his media inspired attack on the administrators now resorting to the courts.

Just shows how desperate he is to get his hands on the ground, how does MA know whether there is no justification paying rent for the stadium but is still to table a bid, that says it all, give in and accept my price or i will make a takeover as hard as possible.