The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Well- CK would then be within his rights to sue whoever agrees to ‘pull’ his lawfully signed contracts.

Unless there is a legal date on the deal when it needs to be completed, they all agreed his deal…so it is his until someone out bids him, or CK breaks the contract  

I obviously don’t know this particular contract. But in general, if all parties have signed. That’s it. They can’t modify or restructure/etc unless CK is deemed to have broken the contract. Again, unless there is a date for the deal to be done, it’s his deal. 

Which is I’m guessing what the EFL and Birch want to find out. 

Agreed this bit is critical. However competent or incompetent we may think Q are, I’d hope there was some sort of timescale for completion written into the contract rather than just leave it to CK to complete as and when he feels like it. 

I know it’s not quite the same thing (it’s a much bigger transaction) but you wouldn’t exchange contracts for a house purchase without agreeing a completion date.

Edited by Tamworthram

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Your post illustrates exactly why I would like to see someone who genuinely cares about our club.

I agree with you but I fear the sort of people who can afford to buy football clubs aren't those types.

We were talking yesterday about all the bloody posturing going on around the takeover and agreed it would have happened a lot sooner if reasonable people were involved. Never likely to happen and I'm disillusioned with them all.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Remember that Dorsett said there are people ready to step in with money if necessary to ensure we survive. Also the EFL will let us start the season still in admin.

It's still an ongoing fight but the outcome IS assured. #COYR

That's the one I am on about 4 hours ago.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They're joking with you B4. His name is Rob Dorsett.

They're making jokes about desserts mate. We're all on a knife edge and humour helps. #COYR

Spot on Roy, none of us want our great club to be one more institution ruined by the questionable ethics and decisions of the rich and powerful, another Eton Mess if you will 

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

They are the debts of whoever buys derby county and decides / agrees the percentage to be paid , the only way derby survive is if someone buys those debts ,

yes I know what your saying , that’s not the point I’m addressing, the point I’m making is people / derby fans need to get real and stop all the what about the creditors guff , the very existence of the club is on the line and I for one I’m not prepared to say let the club die because any new owner will only pay so much of the debts and mess run up by mel Morris, I will feel no guilt if Ashley gets the club at the cheapest he can to be able to build better again ,it does not reflect on derby county or it’s fans it is the dishonour of one man

I can see what you are saying but put yourself in the position of a small business who was relying on that contract with Derby and being paid for work undertaken. The fact Ashley can’t be arsed to consider paying even a fraction of what they are owed says a lot about the man to me ?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with you but I fear the sort of people who can afford to buy football clubs aren't those types.

We were talking yesterday about all the bloody posturing going on around the takeover and agreed it would have happened a lot sooner if reasonable people were involved. Never likely to happen and I'm disillusioned with them all.

This.

And a club in distress like us will attract all sorts.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Football is a cut throat business, Those genuine people that come into football don't stay to long(Gibson excluded)they arrive with flags n whistles and we whoop it up, Then when things go wrong on the pitch...we moan like duck, Chairman spends...it doesn't work, We moan some more, We want the Chairman out, Then we start all over again.

My memories keep me going...football is for those who hope one day their club will rise and get to the promised land of the Premier League...an absolute cesspit of Greed, Cheating, Poor officials and fans paying more and more and for what...the love of their team.

We thought we had a genuine owner once...look where it got us ?

14 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

I don't think the EFL have done much wrong.

Repeatedly dismissing the decisions of IDC’s and pushing for more draconian punishments.

Not making it clear to other members that unilateral action against a fellow football league member is not allowed.

Saving themselves from legal action by applying unnecessary points deductions to DCFC.

Not taking into account COVID losses and their impact on administration.

Withholding TV payments

Barring DCFC from access to Covid rescue loans.

Having a rule book that is not compliant with UK Law

Having some very questionable members on their board.

Otherwise I agree with you mate. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

100% Angie. Football is so broken and where do we start to put it right? What needs to happen to make it right again? I'd like to think that Derby County becomes an example of such a club but we can't do it on our own. I think it's a lost cause, sadly.☹️

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

A letter sent to the lawyers of Quantuma on Ashley's behalf says he has been "disappointed by what [he] considers has been the failure of the joint administrators to engage constructively" during the process.

It adds that Ashley does not wish "to be treated as a contingency measure and would require some form of security" from the administrators before entering into further discussions over the sale of Derby.

We haven't the time for preferred bidders unless the offer is clear and at a set minimum with funds immediately available.  We wasted that window on Mr shouty twitter man. The EFL are clearly up their arse now.  Never seen an administrator effectively being vetoed in their decisions in real time.