The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ummm what's stopping us playing the entirety of next season in administration?

There's no rules about how long a club is allowed to be in administration for - look at Wigan, Portsmouth etc 

Why are the EFL suddenly getting all precious about us potentially going into next season in administration, they weren't particularly bothered about it for the past season.

It will be interesting to know if Wigan were made to jump through as many rings as we have been made to or if it's just the EFL moving the goalposts as and when it suits them. 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The hangman has just walked onto the stage and is testing the noose...

Tbf I go along with what @CBX1985 has been saying, whilst the statement raises the stakes it also focusses everyones mind - either get a deal done or its game over. 

We missed a trick after the march, we had momentum and lots of publicity but the admins sold players to get us to the end of the season... and here we are again only with even more debt and less value in the club.

I don't think the EFL have been our friends throughout this saga but you also can't blame them for wanting this resolved now, we've got approx 2 weeks to either complete the sale or prove we have the cash to bring in a number of players and fund the club for the entire season. 

I'm still a glass half full kinda guy and think something will save us but the doomsday clock has just been moved a touch nearer liquidation. 

Edited by maxjam

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's no rules about how long a club is allowed to be in administration for - look at Wigan, Portsmouth etc 

Why are the EFL suddenly getting all precious about us potentially going into next season in administration, they weren't particularly bothered about it for the past season.

The only thing stopping us is proof there are enough funds to complete the season. 

Also you can only start 2 seasons when in admin fyi

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I’d imagine it’s cash flow and having the funding for the season. Remember we don’t have a squad. 

The EFL ruined the integrity of their leagues when they started imposing totally insurmountable points deductions against teams midway through a season so what's the difference now.

I guess it's because it could bugger up things for other teams which is the answer which then isn't OK. 

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

MA has got to offer enough to bring the club out of administration and also come to an agreement which is acceptable to the creditors without either of those MA is a none runner.

Indeed that is a discussion.  it is not a dichotomy - CK or nothing.

The amount offered by CK may be illusionary.  If it is, there was no real deal.  The negotiation has to find an acceptable amount for both sides. We start again.

MA has a infinitely stronger negotiating position.  Creditors don't have a world of options in a business that has no assets to sell.

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

So do we actually know for a fact MA’s offer was too low? Or are we having to take it at face value of what Q said? Im not sure I trust anything of what they say. 

Cause I just wonder if MA has actually been allowed to ever actually talk and make an official offer. I’m assuming this is the case he has made to the EFL and that is why they have now stepped in. It would make sense right? A buyer comes to them and says look I have the means to make this happen and they are ignoring me… what can you do to get me in the door?

Or is that really all too simple a narrative for this complex situation? 

If Quantuma were lying about his (unsubstantiated) offer they'd probably be in the process of being sued right now. 

Mike Ashley is the king of gameplaying to get what he wants, by any means possible. Whatever anyone thinks of Quantuma, their word is more likely to be honest than his. They have nothing to gain by lying, he has everything to gain by twisting the truth. 

We already know how weak the EFL are when someone makes demands that they deal with Derby County.

They've were pushed around by Steve Gibson at our expense, now it appears they're being pushed around by Mike Ashley. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

The only thing stopping us is proof there are enough funds to complete the season. 

Also you can only start 2 seasons when in admin fyi

I think it’s actually start one season. So you can go into admin after the first day of one season and start the next season in it.

The challenge for us is, we need to come out of admin to sign anyone and offer contracts. If they lets us do those things in admin it make a mockery of the rules, simple as that. We can’t compete starting next season in admin we don’t have the players, so this has to get done and sorted for the fixtures announcement you’d assume so we can then spend 4 weeks mustering a playing squad together. 

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

with the 2022/23 fixture list due to be released in less than two weeks, and need to act now in the best interests of the EFL. 

Well as long as the interests of the EFL are protected thats all that matters. 

with an acknowledgment that the League will be able to negotiate directly in relation to matters concerning the transfer of the share in the EFL. 

I'm not an expert on administration stuff but isnt this pretty pointless? If the administrators dont think an offer is good enough nothing the EFL can do will change that and it wont matter who they want to give the share ti. Unless they're saying they are just going to give it to a completely different team

No matter what the EFL spout they cannot interfere in insolvency matters,they cannot compel creditors to take what is offered.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

No matter what the EFL spout they cannot interfere in insolvency matters,they cannot compel creditors to take what is offered.

Nor do they have to give the owner the go ahead?

Edited by RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because we didn't start last season in administration.

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

So do we actually know for a fact MA’s offer was too low? Or are we having to take it at face value of what Q said? Im not sure I trust anything of what they say. 

Cause I just wonder if MA has actually been allowed to ever actually talk and make an official offer. I’m assuming this is the case he has made to the EFL and that is why they have now stepped in. It would make sense right? A buyer comes to them and says look I have the means to make this happen and they are ignoring me… what can you do to get me in the door?

Or is that really all too simple a narrative for this complex situation? 

The EFL cannot override appointed administrators who in turn have to report their findings to the judiciary,they might like to think they can.

20 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I guess in reality he still has not concluded the sale to the timeline basically Q and CK promised I guess over and over to the EFL - that’s what you imagine would have been happening behind closed doors. I think they are now stepping in as they don’t trust them to actually work quickly enough to get things done. Yes we had a PB but surely it just makes sense to have been talking to other interested parties - especially after the first deadline was missed to have a back up. It doesn’t seem like they did and on Friday they made a standing start to talk to other parties.  

I agree with you, @Ramos, but I don't think we were allowed to talk to other parties whilst CK was the preferred bidder. My apologies if I've got this wrong.