The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So they generate £500m of revenue that means they are worth £4.5 billion.. nine times their revenue. What would nine times Derby’s current revenue be? About £200 m. 

I may be biased but Derby seem a snip by comparison at £45 million best offer so far including the stadium. 

The valuation isn't just based on revenue. Chelsea own a lot of very valuable assets - especially in their playing squad whereas we have virtually nothing.

Chelsea are also a global club whose games are watched far more widely than ours - adverts, etc will be a lot more effective at chelsea than at Derby. 

49 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Thanks for the reply @The Baron, pretty much echoed my thoughts. 

Apologies, one more thing. Do you think punishments for breaching FFP/P&S so be rolled over if a club is promoted while in breach? Many of the clubs who have been promoted out the FL would have failed FFP had they not been promoted. Many clubs go all in to reach the promised land as the PL is where the money is. At the very least it would act as a deterrent to club owners such as ours who go for boom or bust. Just because they reach the Premiership they shouldn’t beyond punishment from the FL. 

There is a 'gentleman's agreement' between the PL and EFL that financial punishment imposed by the EFL will be enforced by the PL. Personally I would do as you suggest and have a points deduction upon return to the EFL, but what do you do in the case of a club such as Palace, who were promoted in 2013, and show no sign, much to my annoyance, of being relegated. Should there be a cut off point (5/10/15 years etc) when a points deduction would then cease to kick in? 

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Update is there is no update

Saw this myself a few mins ago - my thought is it's a positive update and at least he's proactively come out and given us something albeit looks like we go another weekend without finalisation. It'll stop me refreshing all evening and over the weekend. 

25 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Agree, can fully understand the frustration. I would have been livid, especially in relation to the QPR issue, if I was a Derby fan.

From what I’ve heard (and don’t want to come over as ITK on relation to this), Boro we’re not the only club putting pressure on the EFL to charge DCFC. 

No, I got the feeling that they weren't the only ones. Barnsley's CEO was very vocal, for one, as was Lansdown at Bristol and Preston (ironically). The reported bleating from some of them about Quantuma not accepting derisory bids for some of our players in January didn't go down well here either. We certainly won't forget it.

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The valuation isn't just based on revenue. Chelsea own a lot of very valuable assets - especially in their playing squad whereas we have virtually nothing.

Chelsea are also a global club whose games are watched far more widely than ours - adverts, etc will be a lot more effective at chelsea than at Derby. 

True but I dont think Chelsea have £4.5 billion of players either. Their games being watched wil reflect in their revenues. 

Plus I would see more upside with derby.. Chelsea has no obvious upside that I can see., now the super league has been squashed.

Edited by PistoldPete

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Saw this myself a few mins ago - my thought is it's a positive update and at least he's proactively come out and given us something albeit looks like we go another weekend without finalisation. It'll stop me refreshing all evening and over the weekend. 

It's as positive as it can be.

Could be factually the same information but very different tone if he'd said "Discussion is still ongoing and we're working very hard" or "we're not deterred by the challenges that still remain" so, yeah, as positive as it can be for a no news update.

Implied an understanding has been reached but details need sorting for it to be an agreement.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

No, I got the feeling that they weren't the only ones. Barnsley's CEO was very vocal, for one, as was Lansdown at Bristol and Preston (ironically). The reported bleating from some of them about Quantuma not accepting derisory bids for some of our players in January didn't go down well here either. We certainly won't forget it.

You mean the 250k  'on promotion' offer from Bournemouth for Lawrence that became a 'Derby have turned down 3 million, make them sell ' twatter fest within a week.  That was some fertilizer on that money tree.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When you were at school, were you ever given a few weeks to do some homework, but chose not to start it until the night before it was due?

Or you were going to read Brodie's Notes War and Peace, but thought you better read the whole thing instead?