The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, jono said:

But they are a governing body with an independent panel .. appointed by them, precisely to remove that adversarial issue, yet they still chose to comment publicly .. twice .. first the “disappointment” and later the “with regret” 

In essence they appointed a referee, in accordance with rules agreed by all the other clubs, the they told everyone that the refs word is final …. And then still had a last word. So offside it beggars belief 

Unless the lino involved is running the South West corner of the pitch, with Derby defending the South Stand end. then its not offside. Ever. No chance.

14 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I have nothing against Wycombe

Cool, excellent.

15 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

but want to see them got totally hammered today.

Oh, okay.

15 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

tin pot club with a scavenger stoolman 

never forget or forgive

Ooooh, ouch.

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I have nothing against Wycombe

Are you absolutely sure?

10 hours ago, Topram said:

God last checked great news, just checked again they’ve denied it back to depressing stuff, awful from the athletic that 

All the recent talk about the stadium buyer is that it is a local business man. Then we get the news that it is David Clowes. Then the DET (or Derbyshire Live) statement that the Clowes company are not buying the stadium. So what? The news story was that David Clowes, the person, not the company, is the buyer, so the fact that the company has denied being the buyer is neither here nor there. It is a red herring. So unless David Clowes denies involvement, we live in hope, even if the fact has not yet been confirmed.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’m hoping for the perfect trilogy

Notts Forest lose in play-offs

Leeds relegated

Wycombe lose in play-offs

Already got Middlesbrough missing out on the  play offs in the bag

I think 2 of those 3 will happen but unfortunately the one I really want to happen I don’t think will (Forest lose) I would take 1 of those 3 scenarios if it’s Forest losing.

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’m hoping for the perfect trilogy

Notts Forest lose in play-offs

Leeds relegated

Wycombe lose in play-offs

Already got Middlesbrough missing out on the  play offs in the bag

Hope you haven’t “Jinxed It”?

34 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

All the recent talk about the stadium buyer is that it is a local business man. Then we get the news that it is David Clowes. Then the DET (or Derbyshire Live) statement that the Clowes company are not buying the stadium. So what? The news story was that David Clowes, the person, not the company, is the buyer, so the fact that the company has denied being the buyer is neither here nor there. It is a red herring. So unless David Clowes denies involvement, we live in hope, even if the fact has not yet been confirmed.

David Clowes it is 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

There is no ‘conflict’. EFL had no problem with us cramming down Gibbo’s claim. And following the cram down, the claim would have ceased to exist. It’s just we would have had (more) points deducted as a result

You might just as well say: “filing for administration was perfectly in accordance with insolvency law, so it’s contrary to insolvency law for the EFL to apply a points deduction 

Conservative MP Damian Collins, a former chair of the digital, culture, media and sport committee, said it was the EFL's failure to punish Derby at the time which has caused the current chaos.

"If the EFL had enforced its own financial rules effectively this wouldn't have happened," said Collins. "And yet it is the EFL's own rules that will trigger the expulsion of Derby from the league."

EFL as a governing body deserves opprobrium for today’s situation too. Its tardiness in dealing with these initial rule breaches, the lack of clarity over its FFP regulations, coupled with years of wrangling on charges for which the club was eventually cleared, led to prolonged uncertainty for Derby and, more significantly, to other clubs becoming increasingly aggrieved. 

The efl are guilty by failure to act on the boro and Wycombe spurious claims.

The EFL’s judgment on whether they are indeed football debts crucial. According to Derby’s administrators, the EFL was unwilling to clarify this, imperilling a Derby takeover. That left the club scrambling to find ways to prove they could afford to see out the season by the EFL-imposed deadline of February 1.

It’s difficult not to conclude that we’ve seen gross EFL incompetence throughout this saga. A worthy governance institution should enforce rules in a timely manner and offer clarity. The FFP regulations are specifically supposed to ensure that members cannot get into these situations. On those grounds, the EFL has failed. 

The efl failed derby in reflecting the effect of lost revenue due to covid.

Julian Knight, the chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee pointed out the EFL had benefited from financial assistance itself, during the Covid crisis.

'In light of that, it is beholden on the EFL to show decency and understanding to Derby County, a former league champion club, in this their hour of need,' he said.

I don't want to keep rehashing these things, but for me, without question, the efl are not innocent km the Derby county situation.

Would things have been different if dcfc had am owner with financial clout to bring in lawyers to defend itself, we might never know, and now thanks to ck, another chapter of dcfc cab be written. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

There is no ‘conflict’. EFL had no problem with us cramming down Gibbo’s claim. And following the cram down, the claim would have ceased to exist. It’s just we would have had (more) points deducted as a result

You might just as well say: “filing for administration was perfectly in accordance with insolvency law, so it’s contrary to insolvency law for the EFL to apply a points deduction 

The threat from EFL was more than just a points deduction. It was a threat of expulsion from the League if we did not deal with Boro claim through their poxy arbitration or Court. 

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

don't want to keep rehashing these things, but for me, without question, the efl are not innocent in the Derby county situation.

Agree. And none of it is simple. But the idea we have legal recourse against them is highly questionable (that was what I was on about )

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The threat from EFL was more than just a points deduction. It was a threat of expulsion from the League if we did not deal with Boro claim through their poxy arbitration or Court. 

Yes you may well be right about this. I can’t recall exactly what was revealed at the time but I think what you say ties in with the rules 

1 hour ago, David said:

Go on then, I’ll do it. Not the greatest of odds, but would be a nice few pints.

22B1ED1C-E5BC-45D8-857D-4BCF2C239E21.png

Just rang my Son, Stuck £20 on those 3 he has an online account, Very very rare I bet, But something to look forward too Coupe De France Sport GIF by Olympique de Marseille

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Agree. And none of it is simple. But the idea we have legal recourse against them is highly questionable (that was what I was on about )

Knowing which battles are worth fighting, is wisdom.

Making the efl our enemy, when they set the rules of the game is foolhardy.

We are better of leaving this to the politicians, and hopefully there will be an independent regulator.

Other clubs might criticise Derby for recent events, but that doesn't matter, because one day it will be there turn to ask for help and Derby might not be in their corner.

What is coming has to better for the club, than what the club has just been through.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Conservative MP Damian Collins, a former chair of the digital, culture, media and sport committee, said it was the EFL's failure to punish Derby at the time which has caused the current chaos.

"If the EFL had enforced its own financial rules effectively this wouldn't have happened," said Collins. "And yet it is the EFL's own rules that will trigger the expulsion of Derby from the league."

EFL as a governing body deserves opprobrium for today’s situation too. Its tardiness in dealing with these initial rule breaches, the lack of clarity over its FFP regulations, coupled with years of wrangling on charges for which the club was eventually cleared, led to prolonged uncertainty for Derby and, more significantly, to other clubs becoming increasingly aggrieved. 

The efl are guilty by failure to act on the boro and Wycombe spurious claims.

The EFL’s judgment on whether they are indeed football debts crucial. According to Derby’s administrators, the EFL was unwilling to clarify this, imperilling a Derby takeover. That left the club scrambling to find ways to prove they could afford to see out the season by the EFL-imposed deadline of February 1.

It’s difficult not to conclude that we’ve seen gross EFL incompetence throughout this saga. A worthy governance institution should enforce rules in a timely manner and offer clarity. The FFP regulations are specifically supposed to ensure that members cannot get into these situations. On those grounds, the EFL has failed. 

The efl failed derby in reflecting the effect of lost revenue due to covid.

Julian Knight, the chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee pointed out the EFL had benefited from financial assistance itself, during the Covid crisis.

'In light of that, it is beholden on the EFL to show decency and understanding to Derby County, a former league champion club, in this their hour of need,' he said.

I don't want to keep rehashing these things, but for me, without question, the efl are not innocent km the Derby county situation.

Would things have been different if dcfc had am owner with financial clout to bring in lawyers to defend itself, we might never know, and now thanks to ck, another chapter of dcfc cab be written. 

You win the word of the week award!!?