The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

If the administrators extend again and therefore continue to prevaricate on a deal that looks dead in the water while another person is allegedly willing to take us out of administration, what are their motives? 

Mel, Mel is their motive.

Mel is like Gru from Despicable Me and the administrators are his minions.

minions GIF

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

If the administrators extend again and therefore continue to prevaricate on a deal that looks dead in the water while another person is allegedly willing to take us out of administration, what are their motives? 

If they decide to switch to Mike Ashley (or anyone else), it's almost like starting from scratch - he's going to have to go through all the EFL business plan stuff again, Quantuma are going to have to redo all the waterfall stuff again if the purchase price/model is different and so on.  We're almost certainly going to need funding for this months wages while that's going on.  And Ashley is not going to start putting in money in while all that's going on, because it could all still fall through.

If they extend Kirchner's exclusivity period again, I'm going to assume it's because there has been some kind of positive movement this week, behind the scenes.

26 minutes ago, Archie said:

I'd like a good go at the Papa John's Trophy before we do. 

Well a half decent run in this will at least earn a crust for us next season 

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

My guess at the moment will be an extension until the May Salaries are paid out.

Either way - by that point either Kirchner will need to put his hand in his pocket and pay them, or we will have no money to pay them and we'll be deeply in trouble with a points penalty coming if/when we do start the next season.

The 500k for Gordon will tie us over until the end of May.

We won't hear anything this weekend is my opinion - apart from a couple of tweets which will say that we are 'exploring options' and 'nothing is ruled out'.

However - by nothing happening this weekend, i won't be surprised if rumours of players talking to other clubs intensifies a lot. I think it'll only take one player now to move to another club to start a landslide of players moving on.

No chance the Gordon money takes us that far. If Kirchner doesn't seal the deal this weekend the admins are borrowing more money to keep us afloat. Bumping up the price of the club.

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If they decide to switch to Mike Ashley (or anyone else), it's almost like starting from scratch - he's going to have to go through all the EFL business plan stuff again, Quantuma are going to have to redo all the waterfall stuff again if the purchase price/model is different and so on.  We're almost certainly going to need funding for this months wages while that's going on.  And Ashley is not going to start putting in money in while all that's going on, because it could all still fall through.

If they extend Kirchner's exclusivity period again, I'm going to assume it's because there has been some kind of positive movement this week, behind the scenes.

Why does CK need exclusivity now? Maybe competition would be good?

23 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yep and that all adds up to more money for Quantuma.

Where’s their incentive to get things tied up?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why does CK need exclusivity now? Maybe competition would be good?

Presumably because Quantuma feel that there is still a realistic chance of him completing a deal, and they want to maximise the chances of that happening. Trying to start a bidding war now is just going to delay everything.  Ashley has had ample opportunity to put a better bid in already and hasn't managed to, so why assume he will now?

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Yep and that all adds up to more money for Quantuma.

Where’s their incentive to get things tied up?

Are we really still going round this argument? Their incentive is their professional reputation. A few extra quid now, at the expense of your reputation, is not a worthwhile trade.  And if they genuinely are doing something dodgy to drag out the process, there are measures that the creditors can take through the courts etc.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Presumably because Quantuma feel that there is still a realistic chance of him completing a deal, and they want to maximise the chances of that happening. Trying to start a bidding war now is just going to delay everything.  Ashley has had ample opportunity to put a better bid in already and hasn't managed to, so why assume he will now?

Yeah, it's just that Q have told us the 'you'll be surprised at how quick things move on' line before. Dunno I sort of expect CK to seal a deal by Saturday, but then I expected a PB before Christmas (I believed Q! Lol.)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Why was that? 

I hadn't listened to it before and quite enjoyed the more in-depth interview.

Suspect some of it was a bit embellished but he did keep saying it was just his take on things.

Not sure really Angie! Perhaps your word embellished is why! 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, it's just that Q have told us the 'you'll be surprised at how quick things move on' line before. Dunno I sort of expect CK to seal a deal by Saturday, but then I expected a PB before Christmas (I believed Q! Lol.)

It sounds like most of Quantuma's end of things is pretty much sorted though, so I'm not sure what else they can do.  They can't make Morris sell the stadium, or make the council buy it, or make someone else buy it.  All they can really do is monitor the situation and if they think there's no chance that Kirchner can complete a deal, start looking elsewhere.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

If Ashley was was so keen to take on derby,why did he fail to put a bid in when it was necessary to do so and this risk losing the club to CK?

It just shows a lack of real enthusiasm or genuine interest in the club which wouldnt bode well for the future if he now,belatedly,wandered in with bid.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Chris Kirchner has given a brief update on his bid to complete a takeover of Derby County.

"We are working hard toward completing the acquisition. All parties engaged and doing the same on all sides," the American businessman told DerbyshireLive this morning."

So, again the update is: there are no updates.

Sheesh.

When will this nightmare ever end??