The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I presume they still had to pay for it.

Construction began in January 2000 specifically for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. The stadium was designed by Arup and built by John Laing. The stadium cost about £110 million. £77 million of that was paid by Sports England and the rest was paid for by Manchester City Council

15 hours ago, Jenko said:

I live in Thailand now so wifi and normal communication is perfectly ok. Haha. Just sad i didn't realise he was heading  here  or i would have invited him for a drink or two........

Interesting - I take my brother to the airport on Saturday to return to Thailand, where he's lived for nigh on 30 years.  First time we've seen him in nearly 4 years.  Kind of hoping by the time he actually gets home, we'll have news of a done deal. 

8 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I think CK has come to the conclusion he needs to own the ground to make it a viable....

Would not be surprised to see him buy it on purchase of the club

If he doesn’t, would be quite surprised if he did not own it 3 years after purchase 

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Interesting - I take my brother to the airport on Saturday to return to Thailand, where he's lived for nigh on 30 years.  First time we've seen him in nearly 4 years.  Kind of hoping by the time he actually gets home, we'll have news of a done deal. 

You'll have a better chance, if you take him to the docks and put him on a slow boat.?