The Administration Thread

Boycie

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Difficult to see how there could be scope for differences. It’s Paye and vat taxes which should be easy to calculate. Not so easy to pay. 

Vat can be extremely complex. And more so if you have been disposing of any assets you've claimed vat relief on. 

8m discrepancy does sound rather large to be all due to that tho tbf... ?

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if the figure also includes the non-preferential HMRC debts, eg, employers' NIC and corporation tax? The latter is still possible even though the club made a loss as I believe the figure includes all the chains of companies and the academy, clubDCFC etc. It's possible that one or more of them showed a profit.

Hasn't one of the companies made 40m from selling the stadium? 

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All true yet I suspect there are several players in that Derby squad who are just simply saying that they have never seen or never experienced the support and togetherness of the supporters this season in their entire football careers and people should be careful of moving elsewhere because that disappears with one misplaced pass in any other squad currently. 
When players like Curtis Davies are prepared to put their career on the line for a football club the supporters remember - forever - when players like Davies play every game with utmost professionalism to a high standard the supporters remember - forever - when players like Davies say they love this football club and have played for no more than £4,500 a week the other players take notice. 

Exactly what sort of career opportunities do you think are open to Curtis Davies in terms of continuing a football career.

He's 37, so not many teams are going to be glancing his way and that's applicable to any derby player of at least 32 years old.

Players 32yrs+, there are better options for other clubs than from a team that's relegated to League One.

League one is a physically demanding league, so I'm wondering how good our older players will be.

For me, Jurys out on that, until we are mid season.

Every so called minnow team will want to beat the so called giant team that is derby county, in front of a crowd as large as derbys.

Some of our younger players are likely to be of interest to other clubs, especially if they can be acquired as free agents.

As regards Davies salary, is 4500 a week, slightly high for a player who's 38 next season.

31 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Exactly what sort of career opportunities do you think are open to Curtis Davies in terms of continuing a football career.

He's 37, so not many teams are going to be glancing his way and that's applicable to any derby player of at least 32 years old.

Players 32yrs+, there are better options for other clubs than from a team that's relegated to League One.

League one is a physically demanding league, so I'm wondering how good our older players will be.

For me, Jurys out on that, until we are mid season.

Every so called minnow team will want to beat the so called giant team that is derby county, in front of a crowd as large as derbys.

Some of our younger players are likely to be of interest to other clubs, especially if they can be acquired as free agents.

As regards Davies salary, is 4500 a week, slightly high for a player who's 38 next season.

Coaching?

26 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

How on earth did Mel pass the ‘fit and proper test’?

I hope that the EFL have a more searching set of questions after this debacle. 

The same EFL ASYLUM run by idiots who passed Ridsdale as fit and proper, sadly what been seen in my lifetime of football nothing but corruption demonstrated by FIFA and UEFA and Brian Clough was correct about the cheating italians in the European Cup semi final, Juventus was found guilty of corruption in the italian league years later, dating back to the 70s.

There must be an enquiry into the running of the EFL and the PL and if there is proven any corruption over the years then criminal action must be taken, this is only my opinion.

57 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

How on earth did Mel pass the ‘fit and proper test’?

I hope that the EFL have a more searching set of questions after this debacle. 

Quite simply because (I believe) the test is about the reputation and past record of the person in question. At the time there were no skeletons in Mel's cupboards and, to be fair to the EFL, there was nothing (as far I'm aware) in Mel's past to suggest things would turn out as they have.

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes the Wycombe claim was completely spurious and the Boro one speculative. But the EFL rules say they needed to be decided by a tribunal. I don’t think the EFL has any power to require them to be taken to a court of law. And that would have been disastrous for us because it would have taken months if not years to resolve with no one willing to buy in the meantime.

What the EFL did try to do was get the claims fast tracked but they had no way to force Gibbo to go that route 

Absolutely not. The EFL board could very easily have said. We executed the tiiming of last seasons sanctions according to our rules. If you have a complaint, address it to us, not Derby County. Boro and Wycombe had claims, no matter how spurious, against the EFL. Derby County played no part in the timing of the sanctions. 

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know kircher not got the money you dont he got fingers in several things.

And his backers will also have money.

There's a fair chance he only needs a proportion of the money anyway.  I'd be surprised if he spends much on player contracts/ transfers because he'll come in needing to see how the business works.  I'm thinking its ok paying someone 30k plus a week to players if the income is there.  Unlike the dream boy Mel.

Fans revenue 

TV revenue  a damn sight less than this season.

Player value....Erm  Is it 5 contracted players on ridiculous salaries in L1

Sponsorship

A.O.B.  Such as ' Normal' income from business operations. such as food and beverages/ matchday revenue.

Out 

Wages

Matchday costs

Ground maintenance and HR expenses 

Loan repayments/ ground rental?

Ahem   Normal losses associated with running a club (Tax deductable etc)/ amortization

Edited by Flying Fokker

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know kircher not got the money you dont he got fingers in several things.

You don't know that he has. As a matter of fact we don't know much at all about his wealth, what pies he has got his fingers in. Not that we should care who has what, I am more interested in seing my club survive, than who has got the most money.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

None of us really know how much liquid assets Kirchner has. As long as he doesn't start plundering his firms pension fund then I'd take that as a positive. 

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Look at the positivity around at the moment with CK and Rooney planning to rebuild the club.

We don't want Ashley with his disruptive opportunistic profiteering ruining the whole happy anticipation.

We know so very little about Kirchner's own wealth and the funding of his bid. We hope it all works out, but I'm glad there are still noises about Ashley in case Kirchner doesn't come through. If Ashley buys our League One club he's doing it to turn us into a Premier League club.  If he makes a profit along the way, good luck to him.