The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

How rich is CK? 

No one seems to know other than Kirchner himself. Seen it reported in some places that he’s a millionaire, others claimed he’s worth billions. Was reading a SkySports article earlier and found this quote mildly reassuring in all the uncertainty as it at least suggests Q have seen evidence of funds (though many doubt their competence at this stage ?) ;

"Kirchner has already shown he has the funds to buy the club - that was a condition laid down to all bidders by the administrators. But he will now be given full and unobstructed access to Derby's accounts for the first time, as 'preferred bidder'.

We fans have got more waiting to do in all of this I guess, people are sceptical about the man, the admins, the EFL and MM still hanging around all for good reason. It’s potentially a big positive step, but nothing is completed yet, as the rest of that article makes out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/12583428/derby-county-chris-kirchners-bid-to-buy-championship-club-accepted-after-talks-with-administrators

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

How do you know the 15 points is an issue .

I think he knows it will be next season already 

With future payment plans available and future incoming transfer fees to negate what we owe greatly, plus what sounds like a lease of the stadium he could prevent that with ease - if he had any actual money. 

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

So here Quantuma are, 7 months after their appointment, appointing a PB who isn’t contractually bound to buy the club. It’s unbelievable. 
Let’s all just hope CK does the right thing by us, we are in his hands 

Don’t understand. Why is it unbelievable? A PB isn’t contractually bound to do anything. They can pull out anytime. And if EFL find his bid to be unacceptable then he needs to make it acceptable or walk away 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

With future payment plans available and future incoming transfer fees to negate what we owe greatly, plus what sounds like a lease of the stadium he could prevent that with ease - if he had any actual money. 

From Sky article 

"Kirchner has already shown he has the funds to buy the club - that was a condition laid down to all bidders by the administrators. But he will now be given full and unobstructed access to Derby's accounts for the first time, as 'preferred bidder'.

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll get slated for this but if we go into liquidation then won't we drop down to League 2 anyway?

Starting next season with a wafer thin group of players and a 15 point handicap would indicate that there is a possibility that we're just kicking the can down the road for a season. 

I'd rather have a chance at League 1, be able to offer new contracts, use Rooney's contacts than wiping away everything for an offer in League 2 from scratch.

We're all assuming it will be a deduction as well, yet the details of the bid have been largely kept quiet.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who's to say that we wouldn't have played him totally out of position or not played him at all or totally crushed his confidence?

Just because he went to Brentford for 3 years then was sold for a 25 million profit doesn't mean the same outcome if we had signed him. 

You are probably right, if Rowett had paid what Exeter were asking for him. Rowettball would have had him playing holding midfield player.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I'd rather have a chance at League 1, be able to offer new contracts, use Rooney's contacts than wiping away everything for an offer in League 2 from scratch.

We're all assuming it will be a deduction as well, yet the details of the bid have been largely kept quiet.

You never know we could have the points deduction applied with us still in the Championship next season 

willem-dafoe-crazy-eyes.gif

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Don’t understand. Why is it unbelievable? A PB isn’t contractually bound to do anything. They can pull out anytime. And if EFL find his bid to be unacceptable then he needs to make it acceptable or walk away 

‘preferred buyer’ is the term-of-art of Q’s  chosing, not a very wise one. The winning bidder (that’s a better term) can be named on whatever terms are agreed between seller and buyer. 
Q were clearly alert to the dangers of a flabby appointment - that’s partly why the deposit was going to be non-refundable. The danger is you tw-t around with a ‘Pb’ for weeks to no avail then find everyone else has moved on to the next deal 

it’s unbelievable, stunning incompetence. q has no control at all over the M&A process 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

‘preferred buyer’ is the term-of-art of Q’s  chosing, not a very wise one. The winning bidder (that’s a better term) can be named on whatever terms are agreed between seller and buyer. 
Q were clearly alert to the dangers of a flabby appointment - that’s partly why the deposit was going to be non-refundable. The danger is you tw-t around with a ‘Pb’ for weeks to no avail then find everyone else has moved on to the next deal 

it’s unbelievable, stunning incompetence. q has no control at all over the M&A process 

There's only been one bidder so automatically they must be the winning one. Great spin. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So why wasn't Maguire able to answer this on radio derby  a few weeks back? And how has he go hold of the insolvency policy document when it hasn't been published.

Is it not out there in public? Haven't looked, but he's fairly well connected I would imagine so wouldn't have any issue finding information out.

Although with the EFL yet to receive any details of the actual bid, I think we're all just guessing it will be a -15 as it's taken so much negotiations.

Still a lot of unknowns as yet to be either happy or concerned over. 

We do have progress though so we have that to be grateful for.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Don’t really care how rich the new owner is as long as they run is like a proper business.

Norwich are a shining light on how you don’t have to have rich owners to succeed.

Mel Morris was wealthy and ran us into the ground.

Ask Norwich fans how they feel about getting tanked every season in the premier league because their owners cash in their chips rather than invest in the squad each season.

Im sure they’d much rather have an established premier league team than be a yo-yo club.

But granted, still a better position than what we find ourselves in…

35 minutes ago, David said:

Is it not out there in public? Haven't looked, but he's fairly well connected I would imagine so wouldn't have any issue finding information out.

Although with the EFL yet to receive any details of the actual bid, I think we're all just guessing it will be a -15 as it's taken so much negotiations.

Still a lot of unknowns as yet to be either happy or concerned over. 

We do have progress though so we have that to be grateful for.

I am not happy about the "having consulted with the clubs" bit .. the penalty will be 15 points on exiting administration. When did they consult with the clubs,.. before or after we went into administration?