The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Beggars can’t be choosers and all that, and obviously we don’t know the terms of the deal, but struggling to get too excited about this development.

CK comes over as a bit of a knob in my view, but has clearly been able to accumulate a good amount of wealth very quickly in the tech world. No real football background. The stadium isn’t being bought, which everyone hoped for (including Q), which means Mel and MSD still able to pull some strings if we come out of admin.

Also the talk is that the -15 point issue is to be discussed, which suggests that his bid for the club is actually quite low (and that Morris/MSD are determined to hang around for their take at some stage down the track). 

Anyway, we are beggars, and an unappealing option is better than no option.

Sums it up. Not sure I would describe the bid as low though… if he isn’t buying the stadium he is just buying maybe a handful of players and a lot of debt. 

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

This isn’t my tweet, but just wanted to acknowledge its sentiment. I think sometimes the online world and forum’s like this can live in a vacuum somewhat and those who trade in the online world (a la Nixon, Percy, Talksport) end up being king or atleast shape the discussion. This is why we have such a scramble for being the first one to release info and everyone getting over excited.

But behind that, Radio Derby have done a very good job. We’ve not always agreed with them, and they’ve not done everything right imo, but they’ve probably been the most consistent for news and what’s going on. What we thought in September is very different to what we know now and they’ve had to learn and inform as they went along with everyone else. Ed has always been ahead of the news throughout and worked tirelessly to do so. Chris Coles is very highly thought of anyway and has kept the debate sensible. Those Rams Daily podcasts/sportscene has been largely excellent at keeping the fanbase informed. Also the recent reintroduction of Colin Gibson as an experienced media pro has been welcome and a positive move.

Maguire has always been willing to talk, and whilst he’s splits many of us, I do think he’s been doing it to help football fans understand what’s going on. I have to admit my opinion of him has done a complete 180.

So yeah, I just think they deserve a bit of appreciation for the work they’ve put in so far, from somewhere they wouldn’t expect it from.

Except Kieran Maguire started all this by pointing out the amortisation anomaly to the EFL! How brilliant of him.

Edited by NottmRAM

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Clearly doesn't want to do it enough to submit an acceptable bid. If he was genuinely interested at all, he was hanging on to get it at the lowest possible price - that wouldn't auger well for the club, especially as we've already been losing players all along this nightmare process.

What is an acceptable bid though? It isnt really CK's as Q have been saying all along their preferred outcome was to bring the club and stadium back together through the administrative sale. Q in my view have only picked CK as preferred bidder because an impasse had been reached where no deal was ever likely to arise that would have been good enough to see off Morris and get the stadium back in the club's hands. I dont think buying the club on its own was attractive to Ashley or Appleby. For this reason, I am holding my nose on the proposed deal, as I am far from convinced CK is the right custodian, and I really didnt want Morris continuing to be Landlord for an asset that should, and always should be, the club's.

6 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

Problem with MM he had the right intensions but he ran DCFC the same way I run them on Football Manager and you cannot do that IRL.

He didn’t do that at all. On Football Manager everyone knows the beat strategy for a Championship club is to buy young players who couldn’t make it at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and United and let them blossom into top class playera before selling them on for a huge profit or them being central to promotion and PL consolidation.

Then you do the same at PL level on a European scale.

Mel Morris ran Derby in the most ridiculous and naive way possible. Buy elderly players on large wages just because they either had a purple patch elsewhere or because they suddenly became available. Our recruitment policy under Morris was utterly atrocious and was clearly the hallmark of an owner (group) who had absolutely no idea about football at all.

You give Morris too much credit saying he was playing Football Manager in real life.

Edited by Bris Vegas

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What is an acceptable bid though? It isnt really CK's as Q have been saying all along their preferred outcome was to bring the club and stadium back together through the administrative sale. Q in my view have only picked CK as preferred bidder because an impasse had been reached where no deal was ever likely to arise that would have been good enough to see off Morris and get the stadium back in the club's hands. I dont think buying the club on its own was attractive to Ashley or Appleby. For this reason, I am holding my nose on the proposed deal, as I am far from convinced CK is the right custodian, and I really didnt want Morris continuing to be Landlord for an asset that should, and always should be, the club's.

Well Appleby and Ashley should have stumped up.  They had loads of time to do just that. 

I think CK should be thanked not doubted because without him it was the others picking of the carcass of Liquidation and who want that as a Derby fan 

13 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Except Kieran Maguire started all this by pointing out the amortisation anomaly to the EFL! How brilliant of him.

Perversely though if the EFL had listened to him and taken action sooner it could have stopped MM's profligacy far sooner, potentially saving us from further overspend and ending up with a lesser points deduction. We'd probably have still been headed for admin, but who can really say, it could have prevented that too?

Doesn't stop him being a filthy grass though.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

54 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I just don’t get posters moaning about Ashley hanging on to get the lowest possible price. If I were buying something I’d want the lowest possible price as well. Wouldn’t we all?

When you want something bad enough, you'll pay for it. If it eventually turns out to be Chris Kirchner, Ashley didn't want us bad enough. He had the same opportunities. 

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He didn’t do that at all. On Football Manager everyone knows the beat strategy for a Championship club is to buy young players who couldn’t make it at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and United and let them blossom into top class playera before selling them on for a huge profit or them being central to promotion and PL consolidation.

Then you do the same at PL level on a European scale.

Mel Morris ran Derby in the most ridiculous and naive way possible. Buy elderly players on large wages just because they either had a purple patch elsewhere or because they suddenly became available. Our recruitment policy under Morris was utterly atrocious and was clearly the hallmark of an owner (group) who had absolutely no idea about football at all.

You give Morris too much credit saying he was playing Football Manager in real life.

Absolutely this.

In a transfer window when Tom Cairney moves for 4 million, we buy  Bradley Johnson for 6.

We wouldn't pay a few million for Dale Stephen's or Lewis Dunk, but had no problem spending 5 million on Butterfield.

We wouldn't raise the bar for Ollie Watkins, but we're happy to pay 2 million for an ageing Nugent and probably paid him twice the wages.

Our whole recruitment under Morris was an embarrassment.

6 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

At least Gary Cook comes with CK and he appears to be a steady pair of hands.

We can only wait and see what happens, we have plenty of experience doing this at Derby.

Kirchner is founder of a company that has grown quickly. So hopefully he knows the skills of delegation and how important it is to have the right person in the right role. That will be a nice change  

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well Appleby and Ashley should have stumped up.  They had loads of time to do just that. 

I think CK should be thanked not doubted because without him it was the others picking of the carcass of Liquidation and who want that as a Derby fan 

Why should they have stumped up? Why should they buy a club, without ownership of the ground. It's their money, it's their choice. I will thank CK, if appropriate, when matters are more clear.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Why should they have stumped up? Why should they buy a club, without ownership of the ground. It's their money, it's their choice. I will thank CK, if appropriate, when matters are more clear.

Why should CK as it’s a gamble .

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah. I think it got to the stage where nobody was going to pay off all the accrued debts, so they had to go with the 'least worst' offer.

The ideal would be for the club to own the ground - so long as the club was in safe hands.

Otherwise, owned by a Trust. Failing that Derby City Council. But I agree, certainly not Mel and probably not MSD.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Absolutely this.

In a transfer window when Tom Cairney moves for 4 million, we buy  Bradley Johnson for 6.

We wouldn't pay a few million for Dale Stephen's or Lewis Dunk, but had no problem spending 5 million on Butterfield.

We wouldn't raise the bar for Ollie Watkins, but we're happy to pay 2 million for an ageing Nugent and probably paid him twice the wages.

Our whole recruitment under Morris was an embarrassment.

Was Morris as owner expected to chose the managers targets or back the manager? 
would you be happy for Kitchener to overrule Rooney in player choice?

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Kirchner is founder of a company that has grown quickly. So hopefully he knows the skills of delegation and how important it is to have the right person in the right role. That will be a nice change  

Are there any hints at chief exec or other posts yet?

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah. I think it got to the stage where nobody was going to pay off all the accrued debts, so they had to go with the 'least worst' offer.

The ideal would be for the club to own the ground - so long as the club was in safe hands.

Otherwise, owned by a Trust. Failing that Derby City Council. But I agree, certainly not Mel and probably not MSD.

So here Quantuma are, 7 months after their appointment, appointing a PB who isn’t contractually bound to buy the club. It’s unbelievable. 
Let’s all just hope CK does the right thing by us, we are in his hands