The Administration Thread

Boycie

31 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I ran the DLF forum for some 5 years after the owner who ran his own security business was about to be grassed to the Police, So he asked myself to take the reigns over.

When you delete posts of death threats, Then yourself getting death threats you realise that there are some really strange people out there.

I finally closed it down a short while after the original owner passed away, It started to become more of a pain that I could without, Yes I paid for the services to the platform owners and asked for nothing in return, No membership required just post and you're away.

It was good while it lasted, But all things come to an end sooner or later.

Doesn't surprise me. There are a number of people that believe they can say and do as they please online without consequence. 

It's that mindset which saw the DET forum closed down, sadly for those I have a desire to see this forum stay online.

We have a small percentage of fans that want to spout unfounded accusations. This forum will never give the platform for those voices. They can bitch and whine on social media as much as they like, I know we have a large number of fans that appreciate this platform and the law of the land.

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But he was still paying in 8 Million a month to keep club afloat during no income covid with no EFL loan which others got 

I appreciate your desire to be fair to Mel, I'm just wondering where you got the £8m a month figure from? 

We had a Covid impact for around 15 months in total, if Mel was pumping that amount in, it totals £120m. 

We know now debt increased during that period by about £40m quid, excluding MSD, how on earth did we burn through £160m in total, in 15 months?

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

And your point is. 
Hardly a good analogy 

Of course it is - the point being that it doesn't matter whether you initially were  giving plaudits to a person when you didn't know what actually they were doing behind the scenes. Am sure lots of people thought Fred West was a fantastic builder. 

We all trusted that Morris was running the club in a responsible manner as the custodian of our football club and by Christ how wrong we were. But we didn't find that out until it was too late. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What a silly question. Am sure Harold Shipman had total respect from all of his patients until he was found out to be bumping a load of them off. 

And did no doctors regulator or health service never question how come so many of his patients kept getting bumped off? 

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

I appreciate your desire to be fair to Mel, I'm just wondering where you got the £8m a month figure from? 

We had a Covid impact for around 15 months in total, if Mel was pumping that amount in, it totals £120m. 

We know now debt increased during that period by about £40m quid, excluding MSD, how on earth did we burn through £160m in total, in 15 months?

Mel lost 200 Million and he said it himself 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

And did no doctors regulator or health service never question how come so many of his patients kept getting bumped off? 

I said his patients whom obviously were oblivious to outside events and probably thought he was doing a great job as a GP if asked. 

Sure everyone who has followed the problems in recent years are fully aware that Morris, Keogh and David are the reasons we are in this mess....

Seriously though, stay classy and above them @David which I'm sure you'll do.

There's a reason why my ignored users list is enormous and I haven't even noticed some of the crappy posters disappearing... 

53 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I was a avid poster on a forum that sounds like terracing at the old BBG, I found it a place where if you had a certain perspective on political matters you'd be hounded off the board or ganged up on, Lots of posters left over the years, Not sure what it's like now, But I feel a damn site more comfortable on here.

There is no Politics thread, Which is maybe a good thing as both Politics and Religion can be a hornets nest, I joined after being a lurker for a few months, I dipped my toe in to see what it was like, It took a while for posters and myself to get used to one another, There's always suspicion with a new poster if they have a different modus operandi.

Just a thank you to the 100s and 100s of personel messages I get every week from you lovely posters...I love you all ?

Yep, I lurked for ages before taking a deep breath and posting.  Took me a little while to get used to some of the responses without taking it personally.  I don't do politics or religion for exactly that reason.  I'm a sensitive soul! 

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Of course it is - the point being that it doesn't matter whether you initially were  giving plaudits to a person when you didn't know what actually they were doing behind the scenes. Am sure lots of people thought Fred West was a fantastic builder. 

We all trusted that Morris was running the club in a responsible manner as the custodian of our football club and by Christ how wrong we were. But we didn't find that out until it was too late. 

Thanks so what .

Stop bringing serial killers into the debate please

Edited by Curtains
Added

13 minutes ago, David said:

Paid for all my tickets. Just like every other fan. I have never, ever had a single free ticket from the club.

7E12698E-B542-4A9F-AC91-F3E83C443B53.png

E90F066D-48EE-45B0-8C52-95091CCF9573.png

F966981F-900B-4FCF-82FF-386E792523B7.png

So the narrative is you were fully aware of and complicit in the execution of mels dastardly plans to destroy the club for a few tickets and free breakfasts ??????

I wouldn’t worry ,it’s just daft??‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

True

16 minutes ago, David said:

Paid for all my tickets. Just like every other fan. I have never, ever had a single free ticket from the club.

7E12698E-B542-4A9F-AC91-F3E83C443B53.png

E90F066D-48EE-45B0-8C52-95091CCF9573.png

F966981F-900B-4FCF-82FF-386E792523B7.png

As an observation you can see how divisive it obviously has been to invite a select few people to a private engagement with Morris. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As an observation you can see how divisive it obviously has been to invite a select few people to a private engagement with Morris. 

Not really. I imagine the percentage of people who are arsed about Mel inviting Derby fans to Moor Farm just after he’d taken over are about 1%.