The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

@David I can only speak for myself, but being a Derby fan honestly wouldn't quite the same without this place.  You only have to look at the forums other clubs have, to realise how lucky we are that you are willing to put the effort and resources into keeping it running so well.  As far as I'm concerned, anybody questioning your motives can just GFTO.

And I say that as someone who has posted *plenty* of messages critical of Mel, which have all (to my knowledge anyway) been allowed to stay up on here.

Although you did speak for yourself.....I suspect the majority on here, myself included agree with everything you've said.  This is a great forum....yeah there's some very strong views at times, some perhaps crossing lines, but this is policed really well by the mods and of course @David.  It's been a lifeline and escape for me these last couple of years in particular. I've nosed around in many other forums and, not being biased at all, very few compare. Some are utter tripe. 

42 minutes ago, Curtains said:

David no way should you be getting any blame .

Ridiculous to have a go at forum members who liked MM 

I was one and remember Brentford away and fans loving being with the guy at the pub . Not me at the time .

Yeah and racking up millions in debt by not paying taxes! That is nothing to do with EFL and everything to do with not running a business correctly I’m afraid so MM has zero respect from me ! We were better off with the yanks ! 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Yeah and racking up millions in debt by not paying taxes! That is nothing to do with EFL and everything to do with not running a business correctly I’m afraid so MM has zero respect from me ! We were better off with the yanks ! 

Yes but have you been saying it from when he bought the club .

Can you honestly say you had zero respect from the off 

48 minutes ago, David said:

He holds the belief that I was paid off to protect Mel..

I always thought... he's trolling, obviously he must be, because nobody could give the opinions he does and actually believe them.

Perhaps I misjudged him, gave him too much credit!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

15 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Although you did speak for yourself.....I suspect the majority on here, myself included agree with everything you've said.  This is a great forum....yeah there's some very strong views at times, some perhaps crossing lines, but this is policed really well by the mods and of course @David.  It's been a lifeline and escape for me these last couple of years in particular. I've nosed around in many other forums and, not being biased at all, very few compare. Some are utter tripe. 

I was a avid poster on a forum that sounds like terracing at the old BBG, I found it a place where if you had a certain perspective on political matters you'd be hounded off the board or ganged up on, Lots of posters left over the years, Not sure what it's like now, But I feel a damn site more comfortable on here.

There is no Politics thread, Which is maybe a good thing as both Politics and Religion can be a hornets nest, I joined after being a lurker for a few months, I dipped my toe in to see what it was like, It took a while for posters and myself to get used to one another, There's always suspicion with a new poster if they have a different modus operandi.

Just a thank you to the 100s and 100s of personel messages I get every week from you lovely posters...I love you all ?

24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes but have you been saying it from when he bought the club .

Can you honestly say you had zero respect from the off 

Respect is earnt and equally lost depending on your actions 

I did think it was brilliant when a so called fan took over but didn’t realise he was shambolically ruining our club and peoples livelihoods because we trusted him …as I’ve said before curtains ( and fair play to you for going on talksport ) I don’t blame him for overspending on players but not paying the tax bill is astonishing for a businessman and unforgivable 

Appreciate the posts, probably regret responding in the morning, but I like to think as a forum we have allowed all kinds of opinions.

Those that have been removed have been for potential legal action, which we will continue to remove going forward.

As I say, it's disappointing especially when I try to be open with members and let you all know we have restrictions on what can be said for legal reasons.

If anyone feels like their opinions have been quashed on this forum, open one yourself and you will soon realise that freedom of speech does not mean free from consequences.

I will not change the forum rules to allow for absolute freedom of speech.

Whilst there are members that are willing to use this platform knowing the rules we have in place, on we go.

?

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Respect is earnt and equally lost depending on your actions 

I did think it was brilliant when a so called fan took over but didn’t realise he was shambolically ruining our club and peoples livelihoods because we trusted him …as I’ve said before curtains ( and fair play to you for going on talksport ) I don’t blame him for overspending on players but not paying the tax bill is astonishing for a businessman and unforgivable 

Well it’s obvious in hindsight that things have been done incorrectly I agree.  
I still say the EFL and Covid have destroyed Mel and Derby. 

EFL Signing off amortisation and coming back at us like ducking hound dogs and even though we were cleared on ground sale which Stoke are I believe doing now has all added to a perception of cheating which is unfair. 

Boro /Gibson and Wycombe claims etc etc.  Mel wanted a better TV deal and what was wrong with that !  
It didn’t suit EFL narrative with the likes of Parry and Ridsdale and  Birch. 

Mel made mistakes and was funding a club that was unsustainable and consequently administrators were brought in. 

As for now Quantuma need to sort the mess out with so called me owners and Mel needs to give something regarding the ground etc 

Duck the EFL 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So daily update thread now has a date rather than x days ago. Perhaps the title should be changed. Any suggestions?

It's updated as an when there is information.

Whilst it may no longer be daily, I would like to think fans that read the forum see that as nothing to report still.

15 minutes ago, David said:

If anyone feels like their opinions have been quashed on this forum, open one yourself and you will soon realise that freedom of speech does not mean free from consequences.

I will not change the forum rules to allow for absolute freedom of speech.

Whilst there are members that are willing to use this platform knowing the rules we have in place, on we go.

?

I ran the DLF forum for some 5 years after the owner who ran his own security business was about to be grassed to the Police, So he asked myself to take the reigns over.

When you delete posts of death threats, Then yourself getting death threats you realise that there are some really strange people out there.

I finally closed it down a short while after the original owner passed away, It started to become more of a pain that I could do without, Yes I paid for the services to the platform owners and asked for nothing in return, No membership required just post and you're away.

It was good while it lasted, But all things come to an end sooner or later.

Edited by Unlucky Alf