The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Thought this was an interesting reflection from Kirchner .

Thanks for posting Angie. I do treat some of what this guy says/has said with a pinch of salt, but it does confirm my concerns that Morris is still looking for some modest recovery on the sale (£20m perhaps as reported by Nixon), and that there are difficulties because of how he transferred the Stadium outside the football club into effectively his control. I keep hearing the term that Morris is alligned with the Administrators, but I wish he was out of the loop all together. Fingers crossed Ashley or Appleby Group can overcome the problems before them.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks for posting Angie. I do treat some of what this guy says/has said with a pinch of salt, but it does confirm my concerns that Morris is still looking for some modest recovery on the sale (£20m perhaps as reported by Nixon), and that there are difficulties because of how he transferred the Stadium outside the football club into effectively his control. I keep hearing the term that Morris is alligned with the Administrators, but I wish he was out of the loop all together. Fingers crossed Ashley or Appleby Group can overcome the problems before them.

What we don't know is how that £20m interacts with the £20m MSD loan.  If they're the same £20m (and paying Mel £20m clears that debt), then it's not a massive issue IMO. If Mel is wanting £20m on top of everything else we owe, than I'm going to be a little bit annoyed...

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Interesting that he says the ‘problem is price’. Ashley more than doubled his money with Newcastle and will see that Derby could do the same in a much shorter period. I’d think CK would value on some sort of cashflow basis. Ashley on the other hand is a trader in football clubs. 

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

To quote CK..."Admin never spoke to me for 2 months" or should we say, CKs feet were firmly locked in ice and were as cold as a Polar bear on a warm night in the North Pole.

He talked the talk...but walking the walk was difficult with blocks of ice as shoes.

image.png.b24385ecb9543053893e90ddd9d4ecdc.png

Edited by Unlucky Alf

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I heard a while back that he wanted £20 million or a certain yearly rental fee which didn't seem that bad ( plus something else not to be mentioned) so that is simply not news to me 

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Interesting that he says the ‘problem is price’. Ashley more than doubled his money with Newcastle and will see that Derby could do the same in a much shorter period. I’d think CK would value on some sort of cashflow basis. Ashley on the other hand is a trader in football clubs. 

Took him a bloody long time, plus he overpaid for the Toon. Don't suppose he wants to repeat that mistake.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Confirmation bias 

noun

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

What we don't know is how that £20m interacts with the £20m MSD loan.  If they're the same £20m (and paying Mel £20m clears that debt), then it's not a massive issue IMO. If Mel is wanting £20m on top of everything else we owe, than I'm going to be a little bit annoyed...

I agree, and my concern is that some £50/55m is required to keep club creditors happy - including full repayment of MSD, and agreed amount with HMRC - and Morris wants £20m on top for 'his' stadium.  I will raise your little bit annoyed to ducking furiously pissed off if that is the case, particularly as despite the great efforts on the pitch of late realistically 3rd tier football is what we will have next season.

2 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

If you look at Kirchner's LinkedIn, you can see that as recently as 6 years ago, he was working at BestBuy flogging toasters. Now that's some meteoric rise, or 2 and 2 ain't making 4. 

Weren't we told he showed proof of funds to the EFL?, He made to much noise for me, The "others" are quietly going about it as it should, Until Appleby said "we're good to go"

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I agree, and my concern is that some £50/55m is required to keep club creditors happy - including full repayment of MSD, and agreed amount with HMRC - and Morris wants £20m on top for 'his' stadium.  I will raise your little bit annoyed to ducking furiously pissed off if that is the case, particularly as despite the great efforts on the pitch of late realistically 3rd tier football is what we will have next season.

TBH the more I consider the idea of leasing the stadium the more I'm okay with it. Afterall if it is Ashley who buys us he's not renowned for the upkeep of 'property' he owns.