The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

At some point in time, bidders would need to drop out so we can get to a PB. Not sure I'm remotely worried about the Binnies dropping out.

I'm more worried of Ashley low balling the bid so much we end up on minus 15. I'll struggle to support any new owner who believes this is a better option than paying the minimum amount needed.

This. 

If a billionaire buisnessman is happy for us to start on minus 15 points next season for the sake of an extra 5 or 10 million pounds I think it would be a poor decision.

They will instantly devalue the last remaining asset (the goodwill).

Keep us afloat and give us a fighting chance next season, regardless of what division we are in, and the fans will be forever grateful.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

At some point in time, bidders would need to drop out so we can get to a PB. Not sure I'm remotely worried about the Binnies dropping out.

I'm more worried of Ashley low balling the bid so much we end up on minus 15. I'll struggle to support any new owner who believes this is a better option than paying the minimum amount needed.

Unfortunatley I don't think Ashley would care if he has the fans support or not, if he sees a financial benefit to it

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That's the problem - they always sound positive. We've had enough 'false dawns'.

Their statements will always be positive until the end. If they ever release a negative statement it will just be the final one. We can only hope that day doesn't come.

2 minutes ago, LERam said:

Unfortunatley I don't think Ashley would care if he has the fans support or not, if he sees a financial benefit to it

There's something right and I think wrong with that post LER.

Why would a Billionaire want to buy a club who are on their knees, Ashley surely doesn't need the cash, But then he keeps buying failed businesses, Is it that he has to prove he can raise the Titanic everytime he buys a business?

It's not that he has to pop round to next door to borrow a cup of sugar, Buying and accepting a -15 points imo would have support/non support by our fans, Support for saving the club, Non support for having to struggle yet again for another season.

It would be any PBs objective to get to the Premier League as that's where the loot is, But, Look at Chelsea...could fold, Everton over spend by £255million, Sothampton and Leicester borrow money against the following ST sales, Burnley bought Burnley ie the owner borrowed the money, Man Untd owe circa £850million...football is eating itself alive.

I personly don't see the attraction of the Premier League anymore but hey that's just me.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Their statements will always be positive until the end. If they ever release a negative statement it will just be the final one. We can only hope that day doesn't come.

You say that but Wigan were warned several times and their fans raised money to keep the club afloat.

there has not been any indication from quantuma that things were anywhere near the stage  that we might need to have a whip round amongst the fans to keep the club from going under.

£30 million including the stadium seems a pitifully low offer from binnies and if no one is seriously prepared to pay any more than That then I am sure the fans .. particularly the wealthy ones could raise that  sum between them. It’s only about £1,000 per fan who went to the Birmingham and Peterborough games.

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You say that but Wigan were warned several times and their fans raised money to keep the club afloat.

there has not been any indication from quantuma that things were anywhere near the stage  that we might need to have a whip round amongst the fans to keep the club from going under.

£30 million including the stadium seems a pitifully low offer from binnies and if no one is seriously prepared to pay any more than That then I am sure the fans .. particularly the wealthy ones could raise that  sum between them. It’s only about £1,000 per fan who went to the Birmingham and Peterborough games.

Only £1000 per fan, Cost of living rising daily, Covid still with us, Interest rates rising, Fuel at £7.50 per gallon, Food prices up, Gas/Electric prices going into orbit, Easy to put into words, A little more difficult in practise ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Only £1000 per fan, Cost of living rising daily, Covid still with us, Interest rates rising, Fuel at £7.50 per gallon, Food prices up, Gas/Electric prices going into orbit, Easy to put into words, A little more difficult in practise ?‍♂️

All true and I wouldn’t suggest every fan could possibly cough up £1,000. 

But some could cough up a lot more. Chelsea are likely to be bailed out because they have some very wealthy fans. Don’t we have any? 

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But some could cough up a lot more. Chelsea are likely to be bailed out because they have some very wealthy fans. Don’t we have any? 

Boycie might be your man now he’s expanding into fencing 

Edited by Archied

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We have, So why havn't they come forward?, The days of Vanity projects are over imo...unless you're not right in the head, So rich £50million is chump change, Or you believe in the very long term of pi$$ing money down the drain, This is not a pop at anyone in particular, Certainly not at those who are still after the PB status, £50m is the starting point, If we're bought and start on -15 next season...what's the cost going to be...don't answer that Pete as we don't know?‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I very much doubt we will raise £30 Million as a fan base, I do belive however we had an official fund raiser we could raise a substantial amount of money to help the club. Surley every little helps?

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Wtf. It sits over 2 miles down! 
And where did they get the budget to drain the Atlantic! 

Ssshh, I'll let you into a secret, As long as you say nowt aye ?

There's a big plug you pull it and it drains into the Pacific Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

This idea that taking -15 and starting again doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. We assume we’ll be relegated and starting with virtually a new squad. There is no guarantee that we will not be relegated from div 1. Look where we are now. We have been given the task of making up 15 points on Reading and up to now we have managed 10. 

Willingly taking this option to get the team at a knock down price would mean probably a loss of revenue for the extra time in the doldrums that would far outweigh the benefits of getting us cheap.