The Administration Thread

Boycie

When we first went into administration, @Davidinstantly pulled the club's adverts from this forum.

At the time it felt like a bit of an overreaction. Now it looks like David won't even see 25% of what's owed - which is actually pretty disgusting. 

From that there are two takeaways:

1, @David is very smart

2, Never trust a man who bans sausages from the breakfast menu.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’m not 100% sure that you’re right on the player registrations bit. I can’t find anything in the rules to back it up at the moment (so I could be mis-remembering), but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if a club ceases to be a member of the league (which would happen in the case of liquidation), it loses the right to hold player registrations too. So any players we own revert to being “owned” by the EFL and any sales proceeds go into the EFL Pool Account to help pay any football creditors that we fail to pay.

And if that is the case, it makes the proceeds of a liquidation even smaller.

You are correct.

23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Lawrence is a footballer controlled like all of them by an agent, you couldn’t offer him a contract on what he’s currently earning as you can’t afford it, no way will his agent allow him to take a pay cut of the extremes he would have to to fit into what will be your new wage structure.

I'm afraid that's complete nonsense. Agents has absolutely nothing to say if the player wants to do a new deal with less money. They are working for players, not the other way around. It's their job to get as many possible deal for a player to choose from, they can advise to take the more lucrative one, in the end it's the player who signs the contract.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry but do you actually think the buyers who are circling us at the moment are doing it because they have the clubs interests at heart?

They are doing it as they're sniffing some bargain for themselves that they then could potentially exploit given time but only if the price is low enough for them o be able to do that. 

A year ago we were all talking about DCFC as a Massive club , with Massive support , that would have buyers queuing up. Then with good investment we would be back in the prem. Due to bad management we are now in the bargain barrel waiting to be picked up for peanuts.

Just now, IslandExile said:

It's not over yet B4.

Hang in there mate.

As difficult as it is not knowing, let's just see what the future brings ?

If someone got me infront of admin people I would want to see who is bidding and if they want to pick one I want to see who offers best deal.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

A year ago we were all talking about DCFC as a Massive club , with Massive support , that would have buyers queuing up. Then with good investment we would be back in the prem. Due to bad management we are now in the bargain barrel waiting to be picked up for peanuts.

We do have massive support base that despectly what us to be saved just need someone brave to take us on.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

We would if liquidation would serve the creditors better. The BBC article suggests the Binnie bid was the only one on the table.

“The Binnie family submitted their latest offer on Monday in the belief there were no other bids on the table.”

The article only suggests it was THEIR belief ! 

24 minutes ago, 68 Guns said:

It may have been said already, I really can't be arsed to go through numerous posts accusing a bloke with a bit of realism in his thoughts of being a red dog. @RipleyRich

I fail to understand why the Binnies pulling out is good news. They said they've been trying to buy the club since June, yet super Mel felt we were better off in Admin. 

They are bang on with the fact we are devalued with Jan sales.

Why would the admin even be in discussion with them if their bid was so far below the other bids as is alluded to on here.

It seems to me that we are in massive, massive trouble. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me we are on the verge of liquidation.

I have to admit I'm 12 pints deep and busy listening to The Jam greatest hits.

Just off to Wardour Street....

Don’t go down at the tube station at midnight. 

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You are correct.

OK, this is very conjectural and likely just plain wrong, but I can see a scenario where liquidation brings in more than a £30m sale.

In the sale scenario, MSD get £20m, the football creditors get c£5m, and the post admin loan and admin fees swallow the most of the rest, leaving a few coppers for HMRC and nothing for the unsecured creditors. 

However, Mel has given MSD a personal guarantee. In the event of liquidation, Mel becomes liable for the £20m secured against the stadium. The sales of the player registrations pays off the footballing creditors, leaving whatever the assets sell for to pay the rest. 

If those assets sell for more than c£5m, it means the creditors get more than a £30m bid. I think a full liquidation might struggle to sell the buildings at Moor Farm, some memorabilia, three lawnmowes and a few cars for more than £5m. However, a pheonix club buying the name, badge and goodwill might easily pay more. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Lawrence is a footballer controlled like all of them by an agent, you couldn’t offer him a contract on what he’s currently earning as you can’t afford it, no way will his agent allow him to take a pay cut of the extremes he would have to to fit into what will be your new wage structure.

Bobby me duck, you don't know Tom Lawrence and you don't know his agent, so you certainly don't know what Tom Lawrence would or wouldn't agree to. 

But thanks for your contribution. 

BTW, isn't Charlie Austin employed by you on a modest Championship salary these days? 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Bobby me duck, you don't know Tom Lawrence and you don't know his agent, so you certainly don't know what Tom Lawrence would or wouldn't agree to. 

But thanks for your contribution. 

BTW, isn't Charlie Austin employed by you on a modest Championship salary these days? 

Isn’t doing much for his wedge at the moment, considering he’s 4 years younger than Billy Sharp his fitness levels this season compared to last is shocking.

Edited by Bobby
Spelling

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The sales of the player registrations pays off the footballing creditors

In the event of liquidation, wouldn't all the players' contracts and registrations be cancelled immediately? That is, there'd be nothing to sell.

Simple: liquidation does not help anyone. It must be avoided if at all possible.

Edited by IslandExile

57 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Sure we won't offer what others will but that's total rubbish .  His agents paid a percentage to get the best offer, if he was offered a tenner to play here and 50k a week elsewhere it's still his choice.  

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

No, that's certainly the case. Whatever happens with ownership we will be under an agreed business plan with the EFL and spending a disproportionally large amount of a limited budget on Lawrence would make no sense. Even if he agreed to take a reasonable pay cut we probably couldn't afford him. This season he has done his reputation no harm in football terms and won't be short of offers so I don't see him compromising on what he and his agent are asking for. That's just how it is.

The other names and other young players need tying down on contracts if we possibly can though because if they do that then they become an asset again. Chances are we cannot hold onto them if we go down but we'll be giving them away for peanuts or they'll just be able to walk if we let their contracts run down to nothing. Then we really are worth nothing but the badge. We really need a (positive) resolution to allow us to address contracts that have been on hold for an absolute age now. We have lost so many players because of the ongoing uncertainty and embargoes.

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

In the event of liquidation, wouldn't all the players' contracts and registrations be cancelled immediately? That is, there'd be nothing to sell.

Simple: liquidation does not help anyone. It must be avoided if at all possible.

No, they revert back to the EFL, who effectively sell the players to pay off the outstanding footballing debts.