The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Redlandram said:

My take on it is that under Clowes, Morris remains a "sleeping partner" and that was a no no for Wayne.

Don't get me wrong C!owes is great news but we have not seen the end of Mel.

Hypothesis not ITK.

Speculation about conjecture, MM has gone for good get over it, or do you need a bogey man to get through your day?

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

It has been reported it is funding for the season sonwe can start trading etc

It's time to start renewing contract then for me. Not sure who will be leading an negotiations but surley giving the likes of Curtis, Fozzy and CKR deals who for me want to stay will give everyone a lift for when the return to training. Hopefully we get on the table for Cashin too, he has a bright future in the game.

The Curtis Davies stance is interesting. During the season I always thought he was respectful to Wayne but more bought into Rosenior. That isn’t me rewriting history and is definitely something I always picked up on. I get the wipe the slate clean mentality but I think there is some continuity value of using these two as a driving force of what was and what could be

8 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If we are starting -15, that might explain Rooney's decision and statement comments

It might. If it were the case. But

Everything we’ve heard over the last 24 hours suggests that Clowes, Q and the EFL have been talking regularly, that the EFL are happy with Clowes as owner. There’s been nothing from the EFL that suggests we are due a points deduction or anything from Q. And why would a Derby fan spending millions putting his club back together do a deal that starts our season on -15? It would make no sense.

Rooney’s spent much of the last few weeks on holidays with his family. He might have enjoyed being with them, missed being with them and not looked forward to coming back to another difficult season, which it probably will be Clowes or not. He seemed to like CK, wanted Stretford and Cook around him, probably wanted to have started the rebuild a few weeks ago, has probably missed out on some targets he had lined up. Maybe some of the players he wanted to stay have said they’re not. Maybe it’s simply that he just doesn’t have the energy it needs as a result. Something a new manager, Rosenior or not, should have in spades.

11 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Everything we’ve heard over the last 24 hours suggests that Clowes, Q and the EFL have been talking regularly, that the EFL are happy with Clowes as owner. There’s been nothing from the EFL that suggests we are due a points deduction or anything from Q. And why would a Derby fan spending millions putting his club back together do a deal that starts our season on -15? It would make no sense.

Rooney’s spent much of the last few weeks on holidays with his family. He might have enjoyed being with them, missed being with them and not looked forward to coming back to another difficult season, which it probably will be Clowes or not. He seemed to like CK, wanted Stretford and Cook around him, probably wanted to have started the rebuild a few weeks ago, has probably missed out on some targets he had lined up. Maybe some of the players he wanted to stay have said they’re not. Maybe it’s simply that he just doesn’t have the energy it needs as a result. Something a new manager, Rosenior or not, should have in spades.

Well nixon says not he says plan is to pay 25p in the pound.

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I wouldn't be surprised at -15.  My feeling with this fella is that he knew it was at s*** or bust point and the stadium had to be removed from the equation to stop it being held as a ransom chip and hopefully add the club to it.  If not, he can sell the ground on to the new owner at a more reasonable rate of sale over a few years or rent for 5-6 and sign it over thereby freeing up money to pay creditors quicker and get some players in.  If he buys what's left as a going concern, I would expect him to stabilise the wage bill shifting higher earners, bring in some loans and frees, pay down the debt over at the lowest denominator over 3 years and then sell on when there is more to buy.  he's clearly buying to save and not for big investment.  Better than the alternative. 

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We have funding for the 

Okay, so just in case anybody has missed this point in the last 2000 or so pages......If Clewes or any other potential new owner offers to pay the creditors either 25p in the pound (25%),on what they are owed up front, or £35p in the pound(35%), over a period of 3 years then we don't start the season on - 15 points.

As of yet, i think it's only Alan Nixon who claims that it's 25p in the pound (25%)up front in the offer from Clewes. If true then no points deduction to begin with.... to begin with there will be no points deduction.... Derby County will start the 2023-23 season in League 1 on zero points (0), just like everybody else in the division, (who will also be starting on zero or 0 points) ...... Unless the EFL make up a new rule, or choose to punish another club in the meantime. 

I'll be hobest that if we start with a points deduction the liklihood of relegation is high. We are starting from ground zero and will face battle hardened, no nonsense, hackers.

This is why we need experienced pro's. A sprinkling of youth but you need players who know their beans in this league. If he stays Knighty might be ok and I really hope we can keep Cashin but the rest of the young kids will struggle. TL would be top notch but obviously he has bigger fish to fry.

Curtis, Stuart and Forsyth are priorities. Gutted Alsopp left.

6 hours ago, Osbaldwick said:

It really doesn’t matter that Rooney’s gone. We did ok in difficult circumstances when he was here and had some great experiences in extremis, but it was not amazing football. We will be less appealing to loanees but at least we exist! That’s the main thing. Happy to have a battling season, or several, in league one. It’s the competition that counts, and having something to care for on Saturday. 

I’m biased,  Cov first.    Anyone can argue the toss as to whether Rooney was ‘The Man’.  I don’t like the guy but he has even grown on me.  Not my hero.  Then again, I don’t do that.

County need to appoint an experienced journeyman in the short term in my opinion.  Someone to set the foundations in place. Coventry City chose cheap and nasty managers for several years after admin.  Some real rubbish.   Their budget has been tightly controlled ever since, as it is currently in the bottom 5 Championship funds for players.    Mark Robbins is not currently available!  

it will be an interesting few years at Derby.  High fan base, in a physical league and some big name clubs.  As has been said many a time,  it would be great to talk football.