The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

If Appleby takes over, doesn’t buy the stadium outright and doesn’t pay enough to not get the -15….where will the anti Ashley brigade position themselves towards him? I suspect plenty of backtracking will be done 

This stuff is annoying. We might have preferences but only when you see the extreme result in CK. We are all Derby aren't we.

31 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Personally I think its EFL will act before then.

My immediate fear is if there is no concrete deal on the table at 5pm tomorrow.

I reckon we've got until the day before the fixtures come out (22nd) but it does sound like there's at least one bid on the table (Appleby) so Q could just take that.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This stuff is annoying. We might have preferences but only when you see the extreme result in CK. We are all Derby aren't we.

I agree. Whilst we all have a favourite perhaps, none of the reportedly interested parties are fronts for oppressive regimes, convicted criminals or have even been accused of drug smuggling, arson or match fixing, so I doubt anyone is going to have a mard-on if their own preference isn't successful. 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep you nailed it - for me who’s had a season ticket for a very long time I wouldn’t be buying one if we were still in administration or if we were being dragged down by point deductions, yes I would buy the odd ticket on a game I fancied going to but it wouldn’t be when the weather forecast looks grim either. Then again I know lots of mates who have had season tickets also and between the ten of us there are nearly always a couple of us who can’t get to a game so there are spare tickets to be borrowed. 
In terms of ambition on the pitch, it’s important to me because if you are just fulfilling fixtures then it all becomes rather uninteresting 

I agree with all of this. However I think as fans unfortunately we will have to pay the price of what Mel has done to the club for a little longer. I expect one more season at a non level playing field, that’ll probably be as a mixture of points deductions and squad make up. As hard as it is next season will not be the time to jump ship. I really hope it isn’t the case and the next few weeks are crucial. 

I know Q had to ease up on their £5m non refundable deposit, however surely we’ll owed a substantial amount of money from CK for non completion. If there was nothing in the contracts about this then Q really are worse than I thought already. 

49 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Agreed and I also think that his naivety around English football could have meant that he may have been reliant on what he was hearing from Cooke and Stretford. Maybe in the end he suddenly realised that while his bid might have been worth a punt in the Championship, it was too much for a club in League One. Several members have suggested on here recently that he was paying over the odds given our projected loss of revenue.

My guess is that he was trying to move his money but the banks were asking difficult questions about his Bitcoin profits. Plus it was taking him too long and there was possibly pressure from other potential buyers like Ashley (not wanting to be a "contingent" was his words?). So Q may have just told him to go away and clear the way for someone else.  

19 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

We won’t go pop. Local businessmen have said they will step in and fund until a buyer is found. We will start the season, most probably in administration still. 

That is also my hope but the longer this goes on i am wondering if it could happen and that is the worry. It is getting to a point where i think as long as we survive whatever that might be then i ll be fine with that

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

My guess is that he was trying to move his money but the banks were asking difficult questions about his Bitcoin profits. Plus it was taking him too long and there was possibly pressure from other potential buyers like Ashley (not wanting to be a "contingent" was his words?). So Q may have just told him to go away and clear the way for someone else.  

I’m now wondering if his wealth was all in crypto, and he hadn’t cashed it in. That market has crashed significantly in the last 6 months and maybe he’s now left with a lot of bitcoins that are worth a lot less at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I think we won’t start this new season under admin. It’s either have a buyer in or lose your golden share and go into non leagues 

We are allowed to start the season in administration as long as we can prove that we can fund it. But really this isn't plausible, it needs to get sorted now so we can actually get a team together.

Edited by Rammy03

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

We are allowed to start the season in administration as long as we can prove that we can fund it. But really this isn't plausible, it needs to get sorted now so we can actually get a team together.

We are allowed to, but I don’t think it’s plausible to be honest. At some point the admins are going to have to pull the plug and I can see that being the start of the season if it’s not looking better

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

This is my concern. Will we be able renew contracts and sign some free agents/loan signings before the season starts? if not how can we field a competitive team?

The EFL will be concerned in case we start the season with a cobbled together team of players that are not match fit. Integrity of the League and all that.

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I agree. Whilst we all have a favourite perhaps, none of the reportedly interested parties are fronts for oppressive regimes, convicted criminals or have even been accused of drug smuggling, arson or match fixing, so I doubt anyone is going to have a mard-on if their own preference isn't successful. 

In fairness, it's a little more nuanced than that - It's no secret that I despise Mike Ashley and his terrible employment practices but then I'm also no fan of CK's apparent alt-right tendencies. In the context of my football club though, I can only focus on what said person will do for the football club. A lot has been said about Ashley and his job at Newcastle but the facts are that in the season before he bought them, they finished 13th in the PL. In the last season under Ashley, they finished 12th in the PL. So in a very simplistic, non scientific football only analysis, he left them where he found them. That wouldn't be good news for us.

In terms of infrastructure spending, Newcastle under Ashley between 2010 and 2020 spent £7m on repairs on maintenance, comfortably bottom of the PL table, the academy there is apparently not fit for purpose. A repetition of this would be a disaster for us.

In short, I would be disappointed if Ashley is are new owner, will be mardy about it? Probably. I certainly would love to see some commitment to infrastructure spending.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It would be a nightmare but is the only way we could start the season and still be in admin is to sell what remaining player we have left?  Do we need to show we can fund a full season? Its all starting to get me down now LOL.  

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That’s right but for some reason it appeared that when he was named PB, Q didn’t invoke that condition but instead agreed to CK ‘Writing the cheques’ from a date towards the end of May.

I think this is probably the biggest balls up committed by Quantuma, had they insisted on this, and CK tried to move £5m a few weeks earlier, we wouldn't have had the nonsense we've just had. There would've been no "exclusivity" until the £5m cleared and CK wouldn't have been thrust into the spotlight (or under the bus) and wouldn't have been able to back out as soon as it got a but stressful.

8 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

In fairness, it's a little more nuanced than that - It's no secret that I despise Mike Ashley and his terrible employment practices but then I'm also no fan of CK's apparent alt-right tendencies. In the context of my football club though, I can only focus on what said person will do for the football club. A lot has been said about Ashley and his job at Newcastle but the facts are that in the season before he bought them, they finished 13th in the PL. In the last season under Ashley, they finished 12th in the PL. So in a very simplistic, non scientific football only analysis, he left them where he found them. That wouldn't be good news for us.

In terms of infrastructure spending, Newcastle under Ashley between 2010 and 2020 spent £7m on repairs on maintenance, comfortably bottom of the PL table, the academy there is apparently not fit for purpose. A repetition of this would be a disaster for us.

In short, I would be disappointed if Ashley is are new owner, will be mardy about it? Probably. I certainly would love to see some commitment to infrastructure spending.

When he went there he pumped in £100m (not the purchase price) and still The Newcastle fans didn't love him and his 'London posse'. Maybe like Mel he'd had enough and wanted out and stopped caring. But unlike Mel he didn't abandon them, if only to get his investment back. 

Poor Geordies left where they were found mid-table Prem! If you think whoever buys us will be happy with were we are now you need to give your a head a little wobble. ?