The Administration Thread

Boycie

Does anyone know, how many people are I'm the Appleby consortium and is there a chance that some of those might withdraw their funding if the club is owned by that consortium.

I heard a rumours that was what happened last time he was connected to the club?!

The Morgan bid interests me, Great football knowledge from the potential owner, plus je has the cash to make it happen.

MA bid, interests me, but I heard a rumour that he's waiting to be the last person at the bidding table in order to try and offer a low bid.

48 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ahhh you remember chip fat, When there was nowt else left in the pantry in the 60s and you'd make do with a poor mans dripping sandwich with salt, No fridge of freezer in them days, Liquid in the summer solid fat in the winter, All on the...Thrall ?  

Mmm, a dripping sandwich. I preferred a lard sandwich with lots of salt, or a ketchup sandwich with sugar. Washed down with a Vimto. Not very healthy but I’m still around ?

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

when the Boro and Wycombe 'claims' were cited as a major stumbling block in the attempts to sell the club, the EFL refused to get involved to try and mediate a way through. 

If you look at them, Parry’s messages at the time suggested the opposite. Agree though that EFL and Quantuma were far to slow in focusing on this and it may have cost us a January sale. 

If you don’t know Couhig or Gibbo I think you can do no more than read the runes on this one 

17 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Does anyone know, how many people are I'm the Appleby consortium and is there a chance that some of those might withdraw their funding if the club is owned by that consortium.

I heard a rumours that was what happened last time he was connected to the club?!

The Morgan bid interests me, Great football knowledge from the potential owner, plus je has the cash to make it happen.

MA bid, interests me, but I heard a rumour that he's waiting to be the last person at the bidding table in order to try and offer a low bid.

For all we know Morgan may be in the Appleby bid. Time will tell

40 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Morris only came in a day or two before we played QPR at Wembley when he bought a 25% share of the club. He had nothing to do with building the team that got to the playoffs final. He completed a full takeover in September of the following season and things were never quite the same again and I include the Villa final in that. That day Morris was rolling his dice in the Last Chance Saloon and he lost.

So he was a jinx from day 1?

50 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Appleby's tenure was not a success and we were not run in a fiscally prudent way, here are the numbers

2008 a year when we received a parachute payment - Profit of £1.76million

2009  Loss of £14.9 million

2010 Loss of £2.16 million

2011 Loss of £7.67 million

2012 Loss of £7.93 million

2013 Loss of £7.06 million

2014 Loss of £7.04 million

2015 Loss of £10.06 million

So in total during Appleby's leadership there were cumulative losses of £55 million, how is that the best financial health of the Rams in the modern era?

GSE pulled out because they wouldn't or couldn't keep bank rolling the losses and if El Presidente Sam Rush, (who sacked the manager who reduced the payroll by over 60% and signed some outstanding players for peanuts) ever gets near the club again he would probably complete the destruction of the club.

History always repeats itself

Well yeah but that's just Championship football - those figures look pretty mid-table to me, and within FFP limits.

How do they compare with later seasons under Morris once you factor in a) straight-line amortisation and b) our astonishingly lucrative stadium deal?

Here's all clubs profit/losses for one of the seasons you mention:

image.png.8fa7c1be962cefa622e59873db760959.png

6 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

They cannot make anybody put an actual bid in 

Nope.

And people will only bid what they can afford or feel it's worth.

I still reckon HMRC are holding a big hand in this due to their preferential status and largest creditor vote influence.

That's one of the reasons I don't think MA will produce an acceptable bid. He wont pay HMRC what they demand.

5 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

I still reckon HMRC are holding a big hand in this due to their preferential status and largest creditor vote influence.

You’ve been posting this steadfastly for months and months. But none of the ITKs around the place - the club, Q, the EFL, the journos, the ITKs on Twitter - have ever mentioned it despite them referring to various other roadblocks. 

Q specifically told us - after meetings with HMRC - that they had agreement. And surely you’re not saying HMRC was going to rain on CK’s winning post parade ? 

Is this just a hunch or is there some basis for the concern? 

19 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I thought you'd have been blocked mate, all them Clough out texts ?

Nah, I sent them to Glick! ?

Joking aside, I would never demand someone lose his job to his boss(es). I find it underhanded and I like to be able to look at myself in the mirror. I kept my criticisms to Forums and social media, and openly questioned decisions on the Radio. But I always tried to word it as a challenge than a demand. Such as "If NC cannot do certain things, he should improve his backroom staff..." even when I knew he wouldn't and would end up dropping back down the levels.

30 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Nope.

And people will only bid what they can afford or feel it's worth.

That's one of the reasons I don't think MA will produce an acceptable bid. He wont pay HMRC what they demand.

Except the suggestion was that MA had previously wanted to/had put in a referential bid, which Q have now said no to.

So he will cut a deal with HMRC.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I've still got Andy Appleby's mobile number and just checking, I messaged him on 13th May 2021 to ask if the rumours he's buying the club were true.

25F1EDEF-AC5F-4AC5-89E6-7147E677E01B.thumb.jpeg.4aee71c669bb7473caebd674a6cae65a.jpeg

Drop him another text and ask him how much he's bid - we'll then know what's classed as 'competitive'.

I'm sure he won't mind sharing ?

Just now, Scott129 said:

Drop him another text and ask him how much he's bid - we'll then know what's classed as 'competitive'.

I'm sure he won't mind sharing ?

maybe I already did and maybe he shared. Maybe I don't want Ashley to outbid him so I'm keeping schtum.

Besides, I'm not sure Ashley will stretch to more then 6 packs of Haribo and 3 packs of mini babybel

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Appleby's tenure was not a success and we were not run in a fiscally prudent way, here are the numbers

2008 a year when we received a parachute payment - Profit of £1.76million

2009  Loss of £14.9 million

2010 Loss of £2.16 million

2011 Loss of £7.67 million

2012 Loss of £7.93 million

2013 Loss of £7.06 million

2014 Loss of £7.04 million

2015 Loss of £10.06 million

So in total during Appleby's leadership there were cumulative losses of £55 million, how is that the best financial health of the Rams in the modern era?

GSE pulled out because they wouldn't or couldn't keep bank rolling the losses and if El Presidente Sam Rush, (who sacked the manager who reduced the payroll by over 60% and signed some outstanding players for peanuts) ever gets near the club again he would probably complete the destruction of the club.

History always repeats itself

Agree but think this largely shows the near impossibility of running a competitive Championship sustainably. In the end Mel's biggest mistake was he was incredibly unlucky. Any promotion (which might have happened several times given our playoff campaigns and had we not sustained such critical injuries) and we'd have been fine and he'd continue to be lauded. 

Appleby and GSE got out because they realized it was not sustainable unless the gamble on promotion paid off. For that reason I'm surprised Appleby is back, but as he doesn't have his own money to lose I would far rather Ashley or Morgan who want the club because they like being part of the football world and owning and club, and for that reason what they *really* want is for that club to be in the Premier League and will do everything to bring that about.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe I already did and maybe he shared. Maybe I don't want Ashley to outbid him so I'm keeping schtum.

Besides, I'm not sure Ashley will stretch to more then 6 packs of Haribo and 3 packs of mini babybel

I hope he's more reliable than when CK told you his money would arrive by 1pm Monday just gone. ?

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I believe it will be this? 

It’s probably what I’m misremembering too and thinking it was on a podcast (apologies rams review!).

Not had chance to rewatch it though 

That’s the one mate. Well worth a watch