The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Would you bet your life savings on that? Been told many times that a successful businessman won't pay a penny more than they need to to acquire an asset, so why is 'just under £1m' a line?

The scale of penny pinching we're talking about here already is roughly the equivalent of me refusing to buy a PS5 game at £69.99 with free next day (Sat/Sun included) delivery from Amazon because I can get it for a  £65, with £1.99 delivery and an estimated delivery between 3-5 working days from another online store. 

Feels more like we are being sold by the bloke down the pub who has a black bin liner of goodies.

Betting Bbc GIF

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Putting pressure on only makes sense if you believe that Quantuma are deliberately delaying the process for some reason. If (as I certainly believe is more likely) they are basically stuck in the middle between other peoples messes, people being unable to deliver on their commitments and borderline impossible mathematics, then another cook stirring the pot is not going to do anything to improve matters.

It's a strange threat from the EFL, because there's an implication that they could choose to sell the golden share to someone (Ashley for example) separately from the remainder of the in-debt DCFC - and that would leave Q withan almost worthless club to dispose of (which they'd have to liquidate)....and a lot of annoyed creditors...

The owner of the golden share could then buy the ground separately and a new club (AFC Derby for example) is born with the right to pick up in Leagie One.....

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Would you bet your life savings on that? Been told many times that a successful businessman won't pay a penny more than they need to to acquire an asset, so why is 'just under £1m' a line?

The scale of penny pinching we're talking about here already is roughly the equivalent of me refusing to buy a PS5 game at £69.99 with free next day (Sat/Sun included) delivery from Amazon because I can get it for a  £65, with £1.99 delivery and an estimated delivery between 3-5 working days from another online store. 

Yes, I would bet my life savings on that. 

No one is going to look to save £800k when it puts the club in an instant relegation fight. It would devalue the asset by many more times.

It would be the equivalent of saving a fiver on a PS5 game in the full knowledge that the version you were buying was going to damage your console and require at least £50 to repair it.

Edited by CornwallRam

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure if this is the same one that you have posted, @CBRammette? This one is written, rather than recorded. If not, another excellent summary of where we are at.

Yes that is good - the one I just listened to was the Kieran Maguire one linked below. Been linked on here before. Good summary of state of play (well as of early Friday anyway) 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mike Ashley has been the one for me throughout.

He isn't the most likeable, I'm not sure I fancy Sports Direct being plastered all over the stadium and I wonder how the academy will look under his tenure, but let's be honest, he is the best option out of the people we know of.

Kirchner hasn't got off to the best of starts andAppleby wants to buy Derby but is busy ringing people looking for backers. Steve Morgan would be good, assuming he is actually interested.

If Ashley unites the club and ground and invests in the playing squad, that's the best we can hope for.

If nothing else, Ashley creates a club that is again attractive and sellable.

I know people are concerned about the academy, but he was following a set buisness model at Newcastle that didn't involve bringing many players through (though there were a few). We have an established and successful acadmeny setup - it would be a strange owner that decided to kill that off when it could be a great way of financing the club....

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Putting pressure on only makes sense if you believe that Quantuma are deliberately delaying the process for some reason. If (as I certainly believe is more likely) they are basically stuck in the middle between other peoples messes, people being unable to deliver on their commitments and borderline impossible mathematics, then another cook stirring the pot is not going to do anything to improve matters.

Yeah good point. Q are absolutely fuming at EFL I’ve been told (as you would expect), nothing else that isn’t already out there, Morgan is out, Appleby needs more backers, and with the EFL now involved it means they need to speak to Ashley and they haven’t spoke to him for months. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

They may have to budge, or accept nothing through liquidation, if CK’s bid fails (there must have been some timescale written into the exchange of contracts) and no other offer matches it.

But if it's only pennies on offer why would they budge,the creditors have been well and truly shafted why should they care what happens to the club. People keep going on about they would receive nothing,they may receive nothing on a low bid. 

I think the main worry I have is even when things are resolved in terms of ownership and league entry it's still going to take a lot to rebuild the club.

CK's unpaid bills, Ashley's indifferent running of Newcastle, lack of "muscle" in the Appleby camp.

Preventing the club dying is one thing, it's the nursing back to health over 3-5 years as well.

I know we'll all be willing for every step of the way. I just hope the new ownership is.

27 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just listened to Talk Derby to Me podcast - excellent summary. Just wondering after the dramatic weekend if @The Baronstill as optimistic of the outcome of this for us and what/with whom it might be?

My gut reaction is that there will be a successful outcome. There are other parties out there with money, and can transfer it ASAP if a price is agreed. That price may not be sufficient to avoid a penalty for coming out of administration and paying unsecured creditors the threshold amounts, or ensure that Morris can avoid paying anything to MSD under his PG though. 

A new owner isn’t buying much, real estate assets are excluded, relatively few player registrations, and those that exist of low value, and a share in the EFL. Therefore any value is based on future cash flows, which tend to be negative, especially in the Championship. 

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Wasn’t quoting you directly just some posts I’ve seen on here at times , I absolutely feel for the creditors being shafted but that’s not on derby county it’s on one man who briefly used them as a gambling vehicle for the prem riches thinking it was an easy good odds gamble at a time we were in decent shape and had just missed out and it’s not on any buyer who comes in 

'It's not on Derby County'.......too simplistic a view point I am afraid. He was running Derby County at the time and to separate the two like you have and say nothing to do with us guv is a bit, well, weird.........

10 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

It's a strange threat from the EFL, because there's an implication that they could choose to sell the golden share to someone (Ashley for example) separately from the remainder of the in-debt DCFC - and that would leave Q withan almost worthless club to dispose of (which they'd have to liquidate)....and a lot of annoyed creditors...

The owner of the golden share could then buy the ground separately and a new club (AFC Derby for example) is born with the right to pick up in Leagie One.....

I’m not even sure that makes sense for the EFL. They’d be shafting football creditors (who would get nothing from a liquidation) and it would be a borderline impossible task for Ashley to set up a new club in time to play this season, causing chaos with fixtures etc.

1 hour ago, jono said:

If CK’s money doesn’t arrive though - then that opinion doesn’t give them much leverage. “We want 35% because someone else offered it but didn’t deliver” I am sure you do, but my bid is lower, time is short .. then what ? 

I’m not sure “price match” deals are on offer in business failures. A pointer for sure but not written in stone. 

No i don't think price match deals are on offer,however the creditors have the advantage of saying if you want the club to survive you need to up your offer

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

No i don't think price match deals are on offer,however the creditors have the advantage of saying if you want the club to survive you need to up your offer

Is the deal currently fixed or can the creditors change their mind now?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I would interpret it that EFL do not believe that CK's money will arrive. 

I would interpret it that the EFl thinks q could not sell water bottles in the sahara 

Also possibly that the parties who are dicking q around might be less inclined to dick the EFL around

Edited by kevinhectoring

23 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Yes, I would bet my life savings on that. 

No one is going to look to save £800k when it puts the club in an instant relegation fight. It would devalue the asset by many more times.

It would be the equivalent of saving a fiver on a PS5 gamed in the full knowledge that the version you were buying was going to damage your console and require at least £50 to repair it.

His penchant for penny pinching has already devalued the asset multiple times over though by not coming up with the goods back in November, waiting until he could get it in the £60% off sale.

It's since gone from Condition: Used to Condition: For Parts or Not Working. He's bought a scratched Blue-Ray that won't play in his PS5 (The Championship) and is hoping that magic scratch removal cloth he bought last week can get it playing again.

I only mention the PS5 game because the price of a game as a percentage of my annual salary is roughly the same as what the price CK is willing to pay for Derby County is to his MA's group's annual turnover - Yes I know they aren't the same thing and it's somewhat of a false equivalence. It still provides some sense of scale, however.

Edited by Coconut's Beard