The Administration Thread

Boycie

Whoever takes over now, is their period in charge always going to be tainted by the horrible and messy way it has been handled?

Even if it’s many people’s ‘white knight’ CK, he has hardly covered himself in glory has he; neither is he giving me a lot of confidence about the future. MA is seen as a chancer and nasty businessman who many seem not to want and others are bits of unknown quantities but seemingly didn’t have the funds or will to put forward a reasonable bid in the 8 months they had the chance to. 

While I’m definitely in the beggars can’t be choosers club - and unlike some I am willing to give anybody a chance to see how they do before castigating them - none of them are currently filling me with massive levels of enthusiasm or hope.

Edited by LazloW

1 hour ago, cjdlog said:

Unless they were flagged as a certain type of account.

Yeah you're right,  there would be a lower end threshold that the system would ignore even if it hit a flag. They also have scoring systems so one flag of a certain type might not be enough to trigger a case,  but 2 or 3 may. 

There are countless rules that can be put in place.

I did a very short term project on AML but that was just to make sure the bank in question had adequate flags in place to trigger investigations into ad hoc lump sum repayments (either in full or partial) to mortgages and would again agree with your comments.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If he's not buying the stadium, it's fine.

If not, you're indeed correct. Which is probably why the admins "aren't engaging"

Surely that depends on whether the admins are expecting him to buy the statement. It was probably a bit of a throw away comment to say he’d got the ready cash available.

Any port in a storm.

Mel left in the only lifeboat.

Q were confident we'd be able to sail to a friendly port but the ship keeps getting lower in the water.

After finally deciding to make for a neutral port in the Americas the situation keeps getting worse, and we may final have to try for a hostile port to save our skins, all the while hounded by sirens and trying (and not being very good at) to avoid the rocks.

Captain Quantuma clearly should face a naval board of enquiry upon return to shore.

37 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Isn't that what Nixon has said? Or have I misunderstood (always possible given the chaos around). Certainly from my limited experience of these things it's the receiving institution that would be holding things up.. it isn't Kirchner bank holding things up is it? 

CK's bank would not send anything unless they knew where the funds were ok. You right the UK bank would also want to know where the funds were from. You would think that the administrators informed the bank that they were expecting a large payment (this isnt their first football admin job). 

That said, it should not be that difficult for CK to show evidence to either the UK or US bank. The one issue he might have (thinking about it) is the media around Crypto. If the bank's has no risk appetite (we don't) for it then they might want i'm to convince them its legit. 

Still think that there is nothing that cannot be overcome

23 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Most likely in a few years all the truth will come out about the admins. They are still heavily influenced by a certain man connected to the club

They sadly don’t have a choice, the man owns the stadium and can call back 120m in loans. He has them over a barrel.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Any port in a storm.

Q were confident we'd be able to sail to a friendly port but the ship keeps getting lower in the water.

After finally deciding to make for a neutral port in the Americas the situation keeps getting worse, and we may final have to try for a hostile port to save our skins, all the while hounded by sirens and trying (and not being very good at) to avoid the rocks.

Captain Quantuma clearly should face a naval board of enquiry upon return to shore.

Kept true to the analogy. No mixed metaphors. Excellent work. ? 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t get why he would be going through the EFL (I’ve probably missed a few relevant posts)? It’s not in their gift to either sell the club or gain agreement from the creditors.

I guess they can put pressure on Q to get it done.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Any port in a storm.

We talking about “Bubbles” again?

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t get why he would be going through the EFL (I’ve probably missed a few relevant posts)? It’s not in their gift to either sell the club or gain agreement from the creditors.

Ashley is going (via people he knows) via the media - e.g. someone texts ed Dawes that Ashley has £28m in an account ready to go.

If he'd given Quantuma a written offer that was as good as CKs or a written agreement to purchase under the same agreement as cK made, they'd talk to him.

So far as we know, he made an offer below the others and hasn't improved it.

Q don't give a toss about DCFC, they're wanting themselves paid and creditors paid and have to go down the list of what's been put in writing as the offer to them.

What team big Mike say to journos and what contractual and financial documents he puts to Quantuma may not be exactly consistent.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder what Rooney’s breaking point is?

Why is CK so important to him?

Did he plan to invest or is CK just a mate?

Would Appleby/ Morgan not be acceptable?

We can’t afford to be looking for a manager as well as an owner this close to the season starting.

I’m hoping this was only/mainly because it was CK’s name in the frame. If/when a different preferred bidder emerges (whoever that might be) perhaps Rooney will be making the same sort of positive noises about them. It’s the hope that kills you.

20 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Getting a little tired of the 'Quantuma aren't talking to us' line from MA.

I'm not trying to defend Quantuma here, but their legal duty as administrators is to get the best deal for the creditors involved. Now, either Quantuma are so bad at their job that they are literally illegal, or CK's offer is still better for creditors than Ashley's offer.

Once again, for those at the back...

We know Mike Ashley has money.

We do not know how much of it he is offering to give to Q/creditors.

The £28 was what someone txt to ed Dawes on air during sportscene the other night - clearly to imply that £28 was Ashley's offer but that may not be the figure on Q's desk. Not to mention the *many* aspects of the agreement.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder what Rooney’s breaking point is?

Why is CK so important to him?

Did he plan to invest or is CK just a mate?

Would Appleby/ Morgan not be acceptable?

We can’t afford to be looking for a manager as well as an owner this close to the season starting.

Be like when Cocu took over, way too late in the day....still did very well though.......