The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Am I Steve with a V

Or Stephen with a PH?

Which one is it?!!

Love name spelling things and how we try to answer the question before it’s asked

I had a client called O’nions … “onions with an apostrophe” and a guy called feneley “3 e’s and 1 of everything else” 

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was the £80m stadium sale which raised eyebrows. The accounts for 17/18 were released in early April, Gibson 'forcibly questioned' the sale in privateduring April then started with his public threats in May, a couple of days before we played Villa.

If it wasn't for the stadium sale, Gibson wouldn't have questioned anything, and the EFL wouldn't have bothered looking into the accounts/amortisation at all.

The stadium sale (or value of the stadium to be more precise) was a factor but I don't think that was the only trigger.

With regard to Gibson, believe there were 2 main aggravating factors - most obviously the fact we finished just above them in the playoffs that year with an expensive 'new' squad (by April they were collapsing & we were on the march to 6th) and the previous summer we'd bought Waghorn having outbid Boro, which seemed at odds with Morris' intention to wind down the spending that spring. Had the stadium sale still gone through the 17/18 accounts & we'd have finished, say 9th in 18/19, I'm certain Gibson wouldn't have started his legal threats.

31 minutes ago, jono said:

Love name spelling things and how we try to answer the question before it’s asked

I had a client called O’nions … “onions with an apostrophe” and a guy called feneley “3 e’s and 1 of everything else” 

Our late neighbour used to say

"I'm John Onions pronounced like the veg!"

12 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The stadium sale (or value of the stadium to be more precise) was a factor but I don't think that was the only trigger.

With regard to Gibson, believe there were 2 main aggravating factors - most obviously the fact we finished just above them in the playoffs that year with an expensive 'new' squad (by April they were collapsing & we were on the march to 6th) and the previous summer we'd bought Waghorn having outbid Boro, which seemed at odds with Morris' intention to wind down the spending that spring. Had the stadium sale still gone through the 17/18 accounts & we'd have finished, say 9th in 18/19, I'm certain Gibson wouldn't have started his legal threats.

Gibson didn't mention the amortisation policy until 2021, conveniently after the stadium charge was dismissed and when the EFL chose to appeal against the amortisation issue.

Gibson was adamant the Stadium was only worth £20m.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gibson didn't mention the amortisation policy until 2021, conveniently after the stadium charge was dismissed and when the EFL chose to appeal against the amortisation issue.

Gibson was adamant the Stadium was only worth £20m.

Oh yes, he was definitely scrambling around for something to fire at Morris & probably knew Parry would be wary of any legal threats he made after the Christian Ziege case a few years earlier. Whilst the seeds were sown the previous summer, it was just rank bad timing that the stadium sale, Boro's 18/19 collapse & the provocation of a litigious individual happened all around the same time.

Grim irony that Morris seems to have settled around the value of PP Gibson was adamant was correct.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

I only hope that this thread now disappears in to history (while recognising I'm hoofing it up), absolutely no disrespect to the Rams who have been discussing the various financial intricacies of our past year or so but I hope never to hear another thing about amortisation, IFRS, stadium valuations etc etc in regard to our club, I'll be a happy bunny. 20+ years of working with accountants and most of my oldest  friends are in that profession, football was my distraction!

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Any who were aware of the dire financial state of the club at the time, then enjoyed bouncing all the way to Wembley with Frank, but are now slagging of Mel for wreckless spending, are hypocrites.

We should have listened to the Snake Rowett at the time.

Perhaps Rowett was also told a bunch of lies when he joined? Then after one season, was then told there was no money and he'd have to sell everyone? The real Snake remained at Pride Park, ready to cause more carnage.

My crystal ball was being polished that week, that’s why I couldn’t see into the future. 

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

Our late neighbour used to say

"I'm John Onions pronounced like the veg!"

My Scottish Mother in Law used to say, as an example of the glottal stop. Ma  name's Pa'erson, wi' two 'TT's (emphasised)

3 hours ago, jono said:

Used to know a guy who said his name was Jim De'ath. I'm sure it was just Jim Death really.