The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

I does seem very odd that it cannot be completed until the last day of the month, there must be a reason  that they are not telling us

The backers are Chinese and 31 is 3+1=4 which is a lucky number in China. 

FACT 

21 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

I does seem very odd that it cannot be completed until the last day of the month, there must be a reason  that they are not telling us

Paperwork.

The deal for stadium, agreed.

The deal for the club, agreed 

The deal for creditors, agreed.

Between today and Tuesday, paperwork is being signed, contracts exchanged and keys are handed over Tuesday.

It's like buying a house where a completion date is set.

I've been fretting, to say the least. No more! It's happening.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's pretty much down to your interpretation of 'reliably'. This should not be confused with accurately.

For example, you record how much water is leaking out of a pipe.
You measure the results 10 times and you get values ranging from 980ml to 1020ml.
Your friend measures the water 10 times. However, he gets values ranging from 240ml to 260ml.
In reality, the true measurement should have been 250ml. Your friend measure the water accurately and reliably. You may have been accurate, but you were still reliable.

The same principle was more or less applied to the amortisation policy. The club were reliably valuing players above their true value

FRS 102 states:
"Reliability: information is reliable when it is free from material error or bias"
"‘In many cases the cost or value of an item is known. In other cases it must be estimated. The use of reasonable estimates is an essential part of the preparation of financial statements and does not undermine their reliability"

In essence, the club using a systematic method to determine the values of players ensured the policy remained reliable.

The DC found the evidence provided by Pearce and Delve to be "consistent with the Club having been able to determine the pattern of its consumption of future economic benefits from its ownership of player registrations reliably".

The DC also stated that Blackman, Butterfield and Johnson leaving for free at the end of their contracts did not prove the policy to be unreliable. We can all state with relative confidence that the book values of those players were higher than reality, but it cannot be proven.

At the end of the day, every qualified and practicing accountant involved in the case believe the policy used was compliant. But a few lawyers had the final say and overruled their decision and there's nothing we can do about it.

My thoughts too, the word reliably is the one that makes it ambiguous.

If we bought Lawrence for 4 million on a four year contract then after 3 years we could still technically sell him for 4 million.

But as we know to our cost it could have been Anya bought for 4 million and sat in the reserves for 3 years on higher wages than anyone else is willing to pay him so after 3 years his value could be nothing.

Anyway, I asked that question about 10 mins before Lord Kirchner of Derbyshire made his announcement so hopefully we can put all that bo#&£@ks behind us and look to the future instead of whinging about the past.

Up the ducking good ole USA Rams

Edited by curb

25 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

Wages due at the end of the month - paid in arrears. Might just be to simplify the scenario otherwise CK becomes liable on May 31 to pay for services rendered before he was owner (the rest of the month of May). Whatever keeps it simple - if he technically is liable and responsible from the same date (1 June) that might be easier.

As long as we see the corner flag next week followed by some player news over the following days/weeks, I’ll be happy. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Wages due at the end of the month - paid in arrears. Might just be to simplify the scenario otherwise CK becomes liable on May 31 to pay for services rendered before he was owner (the rest of the month of May). Whatever keeps it simple - if he technically is liable and responsible from the same date (1 June) that might be easier.

As long as we see the corner flag next week followed by some player news over the following days/weeks, I’ll be happy. 

Can't do that mate. Our naughty step for late wages runs into June.  Hello -3.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Paperwork.

The deal for stadium, agreed.

The deal for the club, agreed 

The deal for creditors, agreed.

Between today and Tuesday, paperwork is being signed, contracts exchanged and keys are handed over Tuesday.

It's like buying a house where a completion date is set.

I've been fretting, to say the least. No more! It's happening.

It’s probably complicated due to the order which things need to resolved and signed, I would imagine the MSD loan needs to be sorted first, this is because the purchaser of the ground will want to take ownership of the ground free of any loans against the ground. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

42 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

Or perhaps nrothing to tell us but good news even better news.

52 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I wonder who told Mel because he is no accountant so someone must have suggested it and he went with it . 

Pearce or clubs accountants, it will have been explianed to him.

Here's the conversation

SP, Boss we going to break FFP, we need to calm down the spending

Ml- Is there anyway around the rules these idiots have written.

SP - We can change the amortisation method.

MM - Duck me has somebody died?

SP - No boss its the way we calculate the horrendous losses on these s**** players you picked and blamed on the managers.

MM - Oh right so I can sign more players and appointment more managers then, we will be certain to get promoted.

2 Years later

SP - Boss remember we changed the way we wrote players off to stay with FFP?

MM - Yeah problem solved.

SP - Err not quite boss you've really ducked things up spending 161% of all revenue on those overpaid prima donnas....  We massively over budget now.

MM - Sh1te, what can we do now?

SP - Sell the stadium to yourself, use the money to roll the dice one last time.  If it goes wrong put the club into and you still own the ground.

MM - Brilliant a win either way for me, TBH Im getting bored of this sh1te now, I never did like football, I just wanted to start the bounce a few times, been there, seen it, done it and bout the club.

2 Years later.

SP - Fans getting really angry, no club cones and you've really duck it up.

MM - Duck it, Admin it is, Ive got a new interest for a year or so to duck the fans and new owners about, while I hold everyone to ramsom over the ground.  Steve Ill need to sign an NDA over the ground comments, I want everyone to think the stadium will not be an issue.

Right Im off to Miami till this crap all blows over...

Edited by RAM1966

“I can say that signatures have already started today. We will be officially closing on Tuesday”

Has Chris got @  a million middle names? If he started his signature today but doesn’t expect to finish it before Tuesday ?

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Meanwhile, Speckled Jim has arrived in Bristol with the latest news from the Front Line :Screenshot_20220527-164904-01-01.thumb.jpeg.0c223804485a3a3a6844f7d704302a6c.jpeg

Heavens above he's tedious - just an empty vessel trying to appear relevant. Hopefully with the takeover nearly done and being in a different league he'll bore the fans to death of another club to and make up his own special thoughts on how they should be run. Absolute chemically pure moron, that one...

Just now, Dai Capp said:

Heavens above he's tedious - just an empty vessel trying to appear relevant. Hopefully with the takeover nearly done and being in a different league he'll bore the fans to death of another club to and make up his own special thoughts on how they should be run. Absolute chemically pure moron, that one...

I think he needs to worry about BCs accounts, if Lansdown gets bored like Mel they are in as deep trouble.

I believe he's more of A Bath City Rugby man too....

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

How anyone can still stand by what Mel Morris did is absolutely staggering. There is no a place dark enough on this planet for that man's soul to heal. 

Truly one of the most repugnant human beings to ever walk this planet and this City is far worse off for having him steal oxygen here for far too long. 

I think there is a need for some balance here. I do agree that Mel is the villain - he  put us into administration when he had previously vowed to continue financing us until he could sell the club, and he left us with a lot of debt. If the information we are given is correct, he is also not asking for repayment of £135,000,000 of loans to the club and he has sold the ground for £23,000,000 ,although it was valued at £81,000,000, which will be used to pay off his debt to MSD. He was naive and got out of his depth in trying to get us to the promised land but for you to say that he is “Truly one of the most repugnant human beings to ever walk this planet” is ridiculously over the top. I hope I never come before you in a court of law.

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I think he needs to worry about BCs accounts, if Lansdown gets bored like Mel they are in as deep trouble.

I believe he's more of A Bath City Rugby man too....

Unless I’m missing a pun, Lansdown is Bristol Rugby, not Bath. 
He can afford to lose a few quid.