The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Nothing new really.

• Deal has been "thrashed out" to buy the stadium to lease to Kirchner
  • Rooney to sign a 3 year deal, Cook to be CEO, Stretford to be "involved"
  • Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Stretton the only players under contract (what happened with the reported Buchanan extension?)

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Will CK lease ground off MM after all 

The Percy article posted not long ago says “a local businessman has agreed to buy Pride Park from Morris” so must be something along the lines of a new owner for the ground then a lease deal in place with the club under Kirchner’s new ownership 

5 hours ago, The Baron said:

Fair enough, one person’s snitch is another’s whistle blower. 

Disingenuous  
The ‘whistle blower’ chose to ‘blow a whistle’ in our direction whilst remaining silent on the transgressions at other clubs. 
That’s not whistle blowing, it’s a vendetta. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Disingenuous  
The ‘whistle blower’ chose to ‘blow a whistle’ in our direction whilst remaining silent on the transgressions at other clubs. 
That’s not whistle blowing, it’s a vendetta. 

Which transgressions? 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Percy article posted not long ago says “a local businessman has agreed to buy Pride Park from Morris” so must be something along the lines of a new owner for the ground then a lease deal in place with the club under Kirchner’s new ownership 

Really ?

13 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Man, what a week it could be. 

Derby takeover and a 4 day weekend (6 days for me, taken Wednesday and Monday off, bless 'er Maj)

I’m retired so every day is like a holiday (before you ask I’m only 56 and worked for the NHS)?

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

How about the dual Club ownership issue and how player values and loans are conducted? Watford/Udinese, Forest/Olymiakos?

And Wolves links with the Portuguese. They're not transgressions though, because they are legal. They shouldn't be though and the EFL and  PL should put a stop to it or at least prevent transactions between clubs linked together. Would it be any surprise to find Ebosele playing for Watford next season, no, the transaction was just a way of avoiding paying Derby a fair sum. Look at the Portuguese world cup players that played on loan at Wolves when they got promoted, how can that be right?

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nothing new really.

• Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Stretton the only players under contract (what happened with the reported Buchanan extension?)

And the others are not out of contract yet.

10 minutes ago, The Baron said:

That is within the rules. 

Are they? How is it different to selling a stadium at allegedly inflated value? Or valuing players you already own at allegedly inflated value? 

The allegations against Derby were highly arguable at best and in my view even the amoristaion issue was nor properly proven especially as the IDC originally found in our favour.

There is at least as much of an arguable case against Forest , Watford and co. Villa too. Probably several more now. 

Basically all the big clubs have used creative accounting.  Derby were no different, except EFL picked on us. 

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nothing new really.

While obviously I’d love to keep them, four of those five who are under contract should be able to fetch a decent amount (but probably less than they’re worth) to give a Rooney a bit of a transfer kitty. Apart from Stretton I can’t see any of them wanting play in League 1 anyway.  Shame, but a start to being more self sufficient. 

Edited by LazloW

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Are they? How is it different to selling a stadium at allegedly inflated value? Or valuing players you already own at allegedly inflated value? 

The allegations against Derby were highly arguable at best and in my view even the amoristaion issue was nor properly proven especially as the IDC originally found in our favour.

There is at least as much of an arguable case against Forest , Watford and co. Villa too. Probably several more now. 

Basically all the big clubs have used creative accounting.  Derby were no different, except EFL picked on us. 

It is within the rules because owners are allowed to own more than one club. City Football Group own about a dozen, for example. You may not like the rules, but that's not the same as breaking them. Everton sold an option for naming rights for a stadium that did not have planning permission to the former business partner of the owner, it looks awful, but was not breaking the rules at the time. 

As for amortisation, you have your interpretation of FRS 102 based on your accounting knowledge and experience, and I have mine, we can agree to disagree.