The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not wanting to diminish any of the contributions,  all of which surely helped,  but really admired Amanda Solloway’s positive energy and drive throughout this. I do wonder though whether she has just a tiny crush on the preferred buyer ? 

What a weird thing to say. Or she is going her best for the city of Derby…

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not sure it’s right that he was allowed to not put the Stadium into administration as well as the club as it has made buying the club extremely difficult.

It would probably have made it even more difficult if the stadium was in admin too, as there would be no scope for Morris to pay any of the MSD loan off, he would be completely out of the picture.  The buyer of the club would have to pay for the entire thing.  And there's the real risk that Quantuma would have been forced to sell the stadium to fund the running of the club (it being the only major asset we would ae had on our books), and that puts us in an even bigger mess if it ends up owned by Panamanian Loans 'R' Us or something.

47 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

After the clubs recent history of bad owners.

Robert Maxwell, 3 amigos, Mel Morris, it is great that we now have a owner who appears to have his head screwed on in CK, and the club should pay for itself.

Last season taught us one thing how important the academy is to DC and that it should be the way forward in our revival.

I don't want to pi$$ on anyone's chips but pretty much every new owner who buys a football team start off being the saviour, Then in a couple of years things go south as results on the pitch and financial scaremongering begin to emerge.

I'm pleased CK is here, He comes across as a humble person who want's to make a mark with DCFC and the supporters...only time will tell 

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

No chance of Lawrence staying 

I agree he will probably leave but given the way we stood by him Id hope he would sign a new contract immediately so we get a transfer fee.

No chance of that happening either though I fear.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't want to pi$$ on anyone's chips but pretty much every new owner who buys a football team start off being the saviour, Then in a couple of years things go south as results on the pitch and financial scaremongering begin to emerge.

I'm pleased CK is here, He comes across as a humble person who want's to make a mark with DCFC and the supporters...only time will tell 

Say what? ?

I think he wants a new toy, and I'm fairly convinced he'll take care of it and love it. Let's hope it loves him back! #COYR

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

t would probably have made it even more difficult if the stadium was in admin too, as there would be no scope for Morris to pay any of the MSD loan off, he would be completely out of the picture.  

But there are a number of sources that support the line that he has given a PG and put cash collateral w MSD  Neither would have been affected by administration  

Seems likely he always wanted the deposit back, and that he agreed to Q’s appointment on the basis 202 would not file. Possibly the written agreement Q finally put in place with him re the stadium  (referred to in a Dec statement by Q ) required him to transfer 202 against return of the deposit. 

If that was indeed the deal he made with Q, then the goalposts have been moved because no one will pay enough to get him his deposit back  - which might explain the difficulty in nailing down a deal now. 

But I’m probably wrong 

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I think pretty much every team in top 6 league 1 had a goal scorer of 15 or more - Derby need Lawrence and another striker to compete I think. Need a goalscorer. 

Lawrence is a free agent with clubs in higher leagues, chasing his signature.

I agree that Derby definitely require a striker capable of scoring at least 15 goals. It costs to outbid other clubs to sign a player like that.

A player like that is more likely to come from league one, than from a higher league. League one clubs are not going to want to let their 15 goals a season strikers leave for Derby.

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

I agree that Derby definitely require a striker capable of scoring at least 15 goals. It costs to outbid other clubs to sign a player like that.

A player like that is more likely to come from league one, than from a higher league. League one clubs are not going to want to let their 15 goals a season strikers leave for Derby.

I see Ladapo at Rotherham is being released, pretty decent League 1 striker....

Just now, Oldben said:

There are goalscorers in league 2/ national league who would probably do a good job in league 1. Probably some free agents as well. 

35 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not wanting to diminish any of the contributions,  all of which surely helped,  but really admired Amanda Solloway’s positive energy and drive throughout this. 

It's true that she seems to exhibit passion for certain things when she wants to, but her record of voting is abysmal and doesn't reflect what she says. I don't actually think she has any interest at all in football, but she realises that Derby is a passionate football town and that way lies votes...

6 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

You can pay 25p if you pay it straight away or its 35p if you spread it over 3 years to aviod -15pts.  Sorry, but this all points to a nan who wants to spend as little as possible.

It makes financial sense to pay the 25p uo front though as it erdaicates the debt straight away and will save a further 10p in the pound on all non footballing creditors.

Its the same with purchasing the ground, why pay rent on it year on year if you have the funds to purchase.  Once Derby are back on thier feet the stadium price will surely increase.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but, both actions seem a bit of an odd decision, costing him more money in the longer term!

Give it a rest will ya jesus christ.

We can't afford Lawrence. His wages are far too high for our budget. It doesn't matter whether CK is worth £5m or £5bn he can only put a finite amount of money into the club without breaking FFP. 

We will be operating on a similar or even smaller budget than many League 1 clubs due to us having to pay creditors 35% over three years which will have to come out of club income.

Tough road ahead still. 

Edited by 24Charlie
typo