The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's all getting a little silly now, 3 days left of the already extended deadline and for progress to be made a stadium needs to be purchased (seeing as Kirchner wont lease from Mel), something we are told "talks are ongoing".

CK pulling out would be disastrous, as Wayne and most the players will be off, but I think its the likely scenario with Ashley swooping in.

There are lots of signs that CK is very committed to this 

42 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Would it be good if Mike Ashley bought the stadium off MM and then went into joint ownership with Kirchner with the club. Or have i drunk too much beer.

If kircher thinks he can work with mike ashley fair enough but I think that's why brought Gary cook with him to run football side of things.

47 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Don't suppose we know when the extension is until ? Just so we can get in a tizz at the proper time ? It was a bit of a non-news day today so we are due something crushingly disappointing or elation inducing tomorrow then the opposite on Friday.

14 may mate

Kircher hoping can be done before the weekend and that's why I think gone to golf compation he is involved in business wise I think if brings on another 20m to 30m in kircher pockets it could be enough to get pp and belong to derby county again.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's all getting a little silly now, 3 days left of the already extended deadline and for progress to be made a stadium needs to be purchased (seeing as Kirchner wont lease from Mel), something we are told "talks are ongoing".

CK pulling out would be disastrous, as Wayne and most the players will be off, but I think its the likely scenario with Ashley swooping in.

This looks likely now, hoping Ashley is interested. It seems as if he would take the extra points deduction hit, Rooney and most of the players will go and we'd spend next year under Steve Bruce desperately fighting to keep afloat in League One.

Despite the positive talk, it's never seemed as if Kirchner has had the money. And running a football club is a very expensive business.

I'd be happy to wake up to good news and be proved wrong, but I'd also be surprised. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If Kirchner gets the deal over the line, they'll be dancing in the streets.

A lot of people will, just can't see it myself unless some funding is gifted to CK to purchase the stadium...

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

MM has said he will lease or sell. So presumably the rental he has asked for is too much for CK’s business plan

And CK doesn’t want to buy it, certainly not at the price MM requires to pay off MSD. 

that’s the problem. The solution seems to be that the league of gentlemen buy it and rent it to CK at a rental that works. I guess they are doing it partly to save the club, but there’s a good chance they could make money. And MM will probably agree a discount with them

Nothing to do with EFL

Not out of the question that CK will buy it ...

Mels said from word go he would lease the ground back.  A huge no from me, we would be paying off the loans against it that would give Mel more equity, which morally wrong. 

I think CK has come to the conclusion he needs to own the ground to make it a viable....

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Despite the positive talk, it's never seemed as if Kirchner has had the money.

Apart from the £100 million fluidity proofed to Quantuma and the EFL you mean? FWIW, Brentford owner Matthew Benham set out with a fraction of that figure, but it clearly did not preclude success. A well run club does not need the likes of Ashley and his billions to prosper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ashley_(businessman)

Rangers

In October 2014, Ashley owned an 8.92% stake in Rangers International Football Club (RIFC), the parent company of Scottish football club Rangers. The Scottish Football Association rejected Ashley's request to raise his shareholding in RIFC to 29.9%, due to the fact he already owned a large amount of Newcastle United shares, which was seen as a conflict of interest.

In January 2015, Rangers fans protested against Mike Ashley's plans to secure a £10 million loan using the club's stadium as security. Some Rangers supporter groups heavily criticised Ashley and expressed major concern and distrust about his nature and purpose of his intentions. On 23 June 2017, Ashley sold his entire Rangers shareholding to Club 1872 and Julian Wolhardt.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Apart from the £100 million fluidity proofed to Quantuma and the EFL you mean? FWIW, Brentford owner Matthew Benham set out with a fraction of that figure, but it clearly did not preclude success. A well run club does not need the likes of Ashley and his billions to prosper.

Proving funds and being prepared to spend them is another matter....

I'd suggest that CK has no intensions of throwing 10s millions at this annually like Mel did, a measured way with steady progress is whats needed. 

The MM sh*te or bust method clearly was reckless.  I think a fair few of us new it.  When he bought Johnson and Butterfield in the final hour of the transfer window for £10m, both on big wages.  The FFP alarm bells started ringing, I never thought he would stop servicing the debt he ran up though.

Edited by RAM1966

49 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Proving funds and being prepared to spend them is another matter....

I'd suggest that CK has no intensions of throwing 10s millions at this annually like Mel did, a measured way with steady progress is whats needed. 

The MM sh*te or bust method clearly was reckless.  I think a fair few of us new it.  When he bought Johnson and Butterfield in the final hour of the transfer window for £10m, both on big wages.  The FFP alarm bells started ringing, I never thought he would stop servicing the debt he ran up though.

With you on that. Thought it was crazy at the time, but also thought .. these are clever money men, they will know their way round regulations and understand how they work. And clearly “super wealthy” Mel is enjoying his hobby, supporting young Paul Clement in a tricky situation. .. ouch, how wrong you can be. 
I think it was the Chris Martin saga when I first felt genuine unease beyond the gossip. 

56 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

It was reckless with hindsight but felt like calculated risk taking at the time. That was on the understanding that Mel would not walk away leaving exactly the sort of mess that he has. 

There were local paper articles around Frank's time about how the books had to be balanced and no transfer funds unless sales were made. But our overall poor management meant that we literally couldn't shift any those players for a meaningful fee. 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's important learning for him. Once he owns us he knows how every single loss the team has is debated in a measured and reasonable matter. On twitter.

So far he and his wife have reacted with good grace to all of this and have come across really well but some of them are so stalker-like!

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Would it be good if Mike Ashley bought the stadium off MM and then went into joint ownership with Kirchner with the club. Or have i drunk too much beer.

Haha. Maybe!

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling MM and MA might have already done a deal for the stadium. MA didn't get the preferred bidder status which is fine, they just have to hold out. MM wants the stadium gone, so there is no interest in MM making a deal for the stadium with anyone else. This allows MM to continue to control the process.  When the 'Preferred Bidder' status expires MM and MA can resume and finalise. 

MA knows what he is doing. I can't see CK buying this club.  

Again, nowt to base this on, just my thoughts. 

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

There's always an exception to the rule. It would be great if we can survive and then miraculously thrive to reach the Premier League on a shoestring, but that's what the other 71 clubs are hoping too. 

9 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

Haha. Maybe!

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling MM and MA might have already done a deal for the stadium. MA didn't get the preferred bidder status which is fine, they just have to hold out. MM wants the stadium gone, so there is no interest in MM making a deal for the stadium with anyone else. This allows MM to continue to control the process.  When the 'Preferred Bidder' status expires MM and MA can resume and finalise. 

MA knows what he is doing. I can't see CK buying this club.  

Again, nowt to base this on, just my thoughts. 

Like you I have no idea as to whether this might be happening but I find your hypothesis very credible. The possibility concerned the Appleby bid team way back in January.