The Administration Thread

Boycie

58 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

a few years ago, I put my 12" Vinyl (Music) Collection (records for the youngsters) on eBay. Easily four figure value.

Some moron PM'd me within 10 minutes offering me £300 cash for a quick sale.

I didn't respond to him. Not cos I'm incompetent. But because he was a cheapskate chancer trying it on.

People backing Ashley need to consider that his bid was so insulting, it wasn't worthy of a response.

According to some posters, Ashley would just come along and offer £5k to "blow other bidders out of the water", because he's loaded.?

11 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The difference being that you believed the Q statement and seemed to have swallowed it lock, stock and barrel. I don't. Q's informant could only have been Mel Morris. Q cannot corroborate the veracity of the claims but still choose to release the allegation. It was Mel who appointed them and so he is effectively their paymaster. If you want to believe everything he says, without question after all he has said and not said over the last three years, that's your problem. I spent 39 years investigating serious and major crimes and I don't need you to help me make my mind up about what is being said here. It is not unusual for people to make false claims for the purpose of receiving public sympathy. Do you remember Mick Philpott?

That is my take on the matter. Only one man knows whether there have been a multitude of death threats or not. You don't and I don't. If there have been and they have all been reported to the police, I would have expected Derbyshire Constabulary to have made one, two, three, four or more arrests by now but it seems they haven't.

I don't know what you did or do for a living but I sure hope you weren't a brain surgeon. 

All of us on here want the best for Derby County and falling out between ourselves is not what any of us want, but at times you can be very irritating. For weeks now you have been running round in circles looking for things that are not there and offering opinions that change by the day. Not long ago you were telling everyone that Mel Morris cannot and will not have any say on who gets to take Derby County over. Many thought you were wrong. The events of the past few days seem to indicate beyond any reasonable doubt that they were right.

Blimey!!!

Kevin we have investigated the complaint and there is no evidence, But we have this letter that Constable Dixon is holding and it appears you're the one with double standards, Who is Eric Alonso?

image.thumb.png.0a58b3aa4d0f4fba56d9286f056ef7c7.png

3 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

According to some posters, Ashley would just come along and offer £5k to "blow other bidders out of the water", because he's loaded.?

He'd tell you he'd give you £5k and wait until the listing was taken down, then show up and hummm... well, the sleeve is dented on the corner....£270 but I'm here now and you don't want to relist them really do you?

25 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Er.. I think I mean he is not asking for more than that. So he will not sell for less than that but isn’t asking for any more. 

Eh?

He’s not asking for more but won’t sell it for less? So he’ll only accept the exact amount?

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The stadium has never been a big hurdle .. it has only become an issue now because of the need to get a quick sale. The council may not be able to do due diligence in time. The biggest hurdle all along has been the EFL. And Parry is very keen of course to suggest otherwise. What a contemptible man. 

Everyone in the media, Q and the EFL saying ‘it’s the stadium’. Why?  The problem is there is simply not enough money in the bid to avoid a points deduction. 

If MM had sold the stadium to a subsidiary of the club, the club would ‘own’ it. But wouldn’t we be in exactly the same position, faced with CK’s bid Not enough money to avoid a points deduction. I think so (but it’s quite a hard question ). 

CK is a bit of an illusion artist in how he has presented his bid. And it will force MM to write one last cheque...

(This wasn’t really a response to your comment about the EFL PdP, it was just a more, general vent. Hope you don’t mind me piggybacking  )

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

CK was not the Preferred bidder in December . telegraph said it was Ashley. It certainly wasn’t CK.

As far as I'm aware, Ashley hasn't ever actually submitted an official bid, or perhaps more accurately, never had one accepted...

Only the Binnies and CK have actually had offers accepted.

Always happy to be proven wrong, mind.

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

How much is Morris being paid for the club? Then he wants another 22m on top after everything he has done? The audacity on that man

Zilch, as he doesn't own it. He could only claim to be a creditor at this point.

The only thing he owns is the stadium, because *that* company isn't in administration.

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

How much is Morris being paid for the club? Then he wants another 22m on top after everything he has done? The audacity on that man

Mel isn’t being paid anything is he? It’s all going to the creditors.

As @PistoldPete helpfully reminded us, the club only have the loan from MSD because we were unable to access the EFL Covid support loan. 

So, here is an interesting question for any us expecting Mel to hand over the stadium for free (or for less than the loan amount) AND repay the MSD loan? If we had been able to obtain the EFL loan (and therefore hopefully not require the MSD loan) would we now be looking for Mel to hand over the stadium for free AND repay the Covid loan as that effectively the same?

I’m sure I’ll get the usual “if my auntie had………” comments but I do think it’s a valid comparison.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As far as I'm aware, Ashley hasn't ever actually submitted an official bid, or perhaps more accurately, never had one accepted...

Only the Binnies and CK have actually had offers accepted.

Always happy to be proven wrong, mind.

With everything thats gone on, I had completely forgotten the Binnies even existed!

1 hour ago, eccles the ram said:

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't someone say that MM and MA had agreed a deal but it fell through before Christmas? 

Yes, a bit from Percy

"It is understood Ashley agreed a deal with Morris in December, which included the purchase of Pride Park and funds for manager Wayne Rooney in the January transfer window, but negotiations then collapsed"

which doesn't really make sense as it implies Ashley struck a deal with Mel for the club, not just the stadium.

It wasn't Morris' club to sell in December though! Any such deal was an impossibility in the first place so of course 'negotiations collapsed'.  I mean, come on, really Percy?

However it does says a lot about the snidey way Ashley is going about things, trying to influence the process without even entering it.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Everyone in the media, Q and the EFL saying ‘it’s the stadium’. Why?  The problem is there is simply not enough money in the bid to avoid a points deduction. 

If MM had sold the stadium to a subsidiary of the club, the club would ‘own’ it. But wouldn’t we be in exactly the same position, faced with CK’s bid Not enough money to avoid a points deduction. I think so (but it’s quite a hard question ). 

CK is a bit of an illusion artist in how he has presented his bid. And it will force MM to write one last cheque...

(This wasn’t really a response to your comment about the EFL PdP, it was just a more, general vent. Hope you don’t mind me piggybacking  )

Exactly. Complicated though the structure is, even if we owned the stadium we would be in pretty much the same position, the MSD loan is the issue. Actually selling the club and the stadium separately could maximise the value which is fine so long as the club gets the benefit of that. 

49 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

That's not what anyone actually said though, as well you know. 

maybe not in those terms, but plenty are saying that CK cannot afford the stadium, whereas MA would pay it all cos he's loaded!

One thing we know is that MA doesn't do vanity purchases or ego-boosting investments. One look at the training facilities would confirm this. Say what you like about MM, but he WAS willing to pour funds into the infrastructure of the club.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

on the contrary, I got more than I expected, however I wasn't going to give them away for way less than what I knew someone would pay for them. Which on appearance, is what MA appears to have chanced. Early on, Q announced a price to bidders, I bet nobody got near that price, however there will have been degrees of derisory bids.

I took individual pics of the collectible ones. But couldn't be arsed with separate listings. I had every 12" single for Charlatans, Oasis and Weller, as well as all the Smiths vinyls and some collectible RATM Picture vinyls, but my Pinky & Perkys Greatest Hits was the Marque Vinyl

It doesn't matter really as MA already has another collectors vinyl to see, he's not short of a bob or two and just likes a bargain to enjoy and later sell on. He manages to make lots of money on original 1st pressings, where other collectors have bought fakes and lose their money.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually selling the club and the stadium separately could maximise the value which is fine so long as the club gets the benefit of that.

Interesting. I’ve never really bought the ‘alternative use’ potential for PP. But if there was potential for big earnings from non-footie events, yes it might benefit the club for there to be separate ownership of the stadium 

But as things stand I think the club and stadium is a unitary business and it’s much better to keep them together 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

on the contrary, I got more than I expected, however I wasn't going to give them away for way less than what I knew someone would pay for them. Which on appearance, is what MA appears to have chanced. Early on, Q announced a price to bidders, I bet nobody got near that price, however there will have been degrees of derisory bids.

I took individual pics of the collectible ones. But couldn't be arsed with separate listings. I had every 12" single for Charlatans, Oasis and Weller, as well as all the Smiths vinyls and some collectible RATM Picture vinyls, but my Pinky & Perkys Greatest Hits was the Marque Vinyl

But do you have any Tigha and Tucker on mottled coloured vinyl?

Edited by I DONT MIND