The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Down to about £5m of allowable  losses at the end, probably another couple of million in losses which were disregarded for FFP as it was then.

Think it show just how expensive it is to run a Championship club even without a high earning squad

seths-cap

You know what Mel, thank you. You’ve accidentally unified us. I can’t remember a time in my life when the whole club as been so together.

Now, if you’ll be so kind as to never show your face again it would be greatly appreciated. Unless it’s to hand the keys to pride park over.

There was a time when I genuinely believed you had the clubs best interest at heart and it meant as much to you as it does to all of us. What an absolute $h!7 judge of character I am.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

From memory, so possibly not 100% accurate, 

The big contracts were either paid off or expired. 

Jewell torched the parachute payments on dross and that had to be cleared out as well. 

Income was declining year on year....we weren't playing great stuff so weren't on TV as often and crowds were trending down. 

Deals such as outsourcing matchday catering shored up the short term revenue but at the expense of long term. 

The idea that we were profitable ever is a fallacy. Sustainable is a different yardstick and clearly losing 6-7m a year is less alarming than losing 20m+ which is what has brought us down.... 

Yes memory does play tricks. Either way after years cost cutting from that prem season, we were in a much, much better shape financially as a club than the complete and utter mess that Morris has left us in. 

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

the bloke has royally screwed our club over with terrible practices and is holding us to ransom.... we should be seeking every legal measure against the parasite 

Whilst you may be right and he has certainly dropped us right in it we don’t actually know he’s holding us to ransom do we? What is he demanding? What has he been offered? Also, the measures proposed (preventing him from owning his other businesses) wouldn’t actually benefit us which is why I suggested they are a little vindictive.

31 minutes ago, Archie said:

I think he's getting off lightly here. He's much, much worse than a stubborn fool, much worse. Maxwell wasn't a Derby fan. Never proclaimed to be. Morris supposedly is/was. That in itself says it all to me. He's ran his hometown club into the ground, turned it from a profitable, sustainable club to totally unsellable in 8 years, stripping us of our once proud asset, the stadium (that Lionel and Co. helped build) and as such goes down as the most destructive, contemptuous, hated figure in our history. Without a doubt. A forest fan with a desire to ruin us couldn't have done a better job of it. Unforgivable. 

He should be in prison for crimes against football (and the tax man). 

Ok well Maxwell would have gone to prison if he hadnt jumped off his yacht. And the 3 amigos did go to prison (or at least some did).

Pesronally I think stealing money from pensioners is a much more contemptible offence than adopting a non-standard  amortisation policy. Unfortunately the consequences of Morris regime has been catastrophic for this club, whereas fortunately we were spared a similar fate after Maxwell by Lionel. And after the 3 amigos came the League of Gentlemen.

Maybe Kirchner is our white knight this time.    

4 minutes ago, JABBA said:

Mels meeting him to say he doesn’t own the stadium anymore and good luck completing a deal now you exclusivity is over

Don’t understand why this “exclusivity is over” should be an issue for Kirchner, unless someone suddenly arrives with a much better deal for the creditors. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Whilst you may be right and he has certainly dropped us right in it we don’t actually know he’s holding us to ransom do we? What is he demanding? What has he been offered? Also, the measures proposed (preventing him from owning his other businesses) wouldn’t actually benefit us which is why I suggested they are a little vindictive.

So our prospective owner's exasperation and 'liking' anti morris tweets isn't because Morris is an obstacle? It's because he's doing everything he can to help a sale is it?  Everything we know points to the fact Morris is holding up our sale, so it's reasonable to assume such. We don't need to be in the room or have direct statements for this. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok well Maxwell would have gone to prison if he hadnt jumped off his yacht. And the 3 amigos did go to prison (or at least some did).

Pesronally I think stealing money from pensioners is a much more contemptible offence than adopting a non-standard  amortisation policy. Unfortunately the consequences of Morris regime has been catastrophic for this club, whereas fortunately we were spared a similar fate after Maxwell by Lionel. And after the 3 amigos came the League of Gentlemen.

Meant to be a Mossad hit squad that did Captain Bob in. Allegedly.

34 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

the bloke has royally screwed our club over with terrible practices and is holding us to ransom.... we should be seeking every legal measure against the parasite 

Well said. He is screwing us and our club out of spite. He has no compassion or a moral compass. 

40 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely we must hear something soon, the last 24 hours he could write a book on it… must of been mad 

Yes what on earth has happened over the last 24 hours? I assumed just an impasse due to elections etc. this suggests not

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Was merely judging Maxwell on his impact of our club not the wider public. That's That's different matter altogether.

You have to concede that Morris, during his tenure, has done much more than just 'adopting a non-standard amortisation policy'? 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thats like comparing Josef Fritzl with Peter Sutcliffe.