The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Beilik expense must be big problem in the possible takeover. If CK takes over in May he will have to start paying Krystian’s £25,000 a week wages . He must have a plan to pay off the £8 mill to Arsenal. No club is going to pay £1 mill for an injury prone player. A 3rd ACL would be quite possible in the 3rd tier. He can talk to other teams in Jan anyway. What is the best way to cut our losses?

A couple of corrections here.. we do not owe £8 m on Bielik, it's more like half that. And his contract runs til 2024 so he cannot speak to anyone in January.   

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

A couple of corrections here.. we do not owe £8 m on Bielik, it's more like half that. And his contract runs til 2024 so he cannot speak to anyone in January.   

Crikey , a five year deal ! Another £1.5 million due in wages . He could sit on that contract , but would he go to Qatar in November playing 3rd tier football?

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Crikey , a five year deal ! Another £1.5 million due in wages . He could sit on that contract , but would he go to Qatar in November playing 3rd tier football?

If the World Cup was in the summer of 2023 or later then his place in the Poland squad may be at risk if he was still playing in L2 but, I can’t imagine Poland are going to decide, a player good enough to get picked in April is suddenly surplus to requirements in November.

15 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to offer anyone a contract until out of administration.

Is it nut that we are under a transfer embargo still, where all signings, registrations and extensions have to be approved by the EFL? We have no money can only just afford to finish the season and as yet not agreed business plan for the future. Be patient

42 minutes ago, Strider said:

If Bielik is desperate to play at a higher level, I would loan him out, not sell him. Should cover most or all of his wages plus possibly a small loan fee.

We could then have him back if we get promoted.

I agree this may be the best outcome if his wages mean we are limited in what we can do. Cant see us getting a fee to cover outstanding amount still due to Arsenal this summer unless they buy him back. Can we do a loan to January to get him through the world cup and attract a decent fee if he does well? But knowing our luck he would then be injured again. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Beilik expense must be big problem in the possible takeover. If CK takes over in May he will have to start paying Krystian’s £25,000 a week wages . He must have a plan to pay off the £8 mill to Arsenal. No club is going to pay £1 mill for an injury prone player. A 3rd ACL would be quite possible in the 3rd tier. He can talk to other teams in Jan anyway. What is the best way to cut our losses?

To have a superb World Cup and get our money back or even a profit - hope springs eternal 

Wigan raised around £9.5M from player sales but, although they obviously got less than they would have if it hadn't been a fire-sale, they were helped by the fact that they hadn't been prevented from extending contracts for a significant period even before they went into administration, so they had allot more players with >12 months left on their contracts than we did. I'm pretty sure they didn't also have other club owners complaining to the EFL that they weren't selling their players cheaply enough.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

If Bielik is desperate to play at a higher level, I would loan him out, not sell him. Should cover most or all of his wages plus possibly a small loan fee.

We could then have him back if we get promoted.

I think this is what will happen, will probably end up at Brighton or Norwich on loan, if you believe the jungle drums.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

If the World Cup was in the summer of 2023 or later then his place in the Poland squad may be at risk if he was still playing in L2 but, I can’t imagine Poland are going to decide, a player good enough to get picked in April is suddenly surplus to requirements in November.

Question

If Beilik goes to the world cup with Poland, How does this effect our games? ie postponed due to international call up?‍♀️