The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

Excellent Questions!!!! 

Quite a few people have been suggesting that the Council can turn a profit on renting to us for £1M or £2M per season!  Fantasy Island.

A fair rent might actually be over £5M per season if the Council is not going to be increasing our council tax further.   

The cost of running a football stadium for 12 months (the Boro costs from a few years ago):

• Business Rates = £1.2M
  • Utility Bills (Gas, Water, Electricity) = £760K
  • Fire, Theft, Liability Insurance = £380K
  • Police Costs = £300K
  • Other Security, Surveillance, CCTV = £300K
  • Medical Presence (Paramedics etc.) = £400K
  • VAT = £1.4M
  • Ticket Office, Hospitality & Kiosks = £2.5M plus £300K N.I.
  • Stewards & PT Staff = £400K
  • Ground Maintenance = £400K
  • Stadium Cleaning = £345K
  • Cleaning Equipment & Sundries = £250K

Who's going to pay these costs? Mel, the council?  The income from tickets, matchdays and sponsorship will soon get swallowed up.  We need the new owner to buy PPS as well as the club.

When you rent a house who pays the bills? You or the landlord?

Rent for the stadium will be the same. All of those extras will be paid directly by the club as they have (or at least should have) to date since 2018.

Fair rent at a sale cost of £20m would be £1m. Add a bit of interest on top.

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Interesting interview with Garry Cook from back in January if anyone wants it.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vVEFNQzE5NzkwMDE4NTk/episode/MTE5ODdmYmMtNmFmOC0xMWVjLThkNWYtOGYyYTI0YzNmNWY2?ep=14

Talks about Derby for the last 6 mins or so.

I still can't someone with Cook's career and reputation working with Kirchner if the guy wasn't serious.

Was Cook responsible for finding the consortium that took over Wigan, who then put them into admin the next day?

Genuine question, it rings a bell.

50 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Most of those costs would be the responsibility of the tenant, not the landlord. So I do think the Council could take on ground ownership. They would also be protecting the many other local businesses that rely on matchday income and would still be getting the business rates from the club - no club, no business rates !

We know the ongoing cost of running the club will be high for the new owner, probably why the new owner process has proved so difficult but in the due process will be clear to them. If the new owner can't afford it then they wont buy but they must already know about these costs, it's not a secret.

Why does running a ticket office cost £2.5 million per year plus £300k ni ? 

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So why didn't he just say that?

He has already spent a lot of time answering some stupid questions from Andy Derbyshire.. more than I would have bothered with. 

he doesn’t want his social media cluttered up with disaffected Preston North End fans responding to misinformation they have read in the daily Mail. 

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Was Cook responsible for finding the consortium that took over Wigan, who then put them into admin the next day?

Genuine question, it rings a bell.

Interesting. You could ask Nixon he followed/tweeted the Wigan admin stories.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anyone got an Athletic sub? Probably gleaned from tweets.

Nothing new in this article. As you say, it’s all taken from CK’s tweets. Says 5 players under contract are Bird, Sibley, Knight, Stratton and Bielik. Buchanan to leave as his extension trigger has passed.

Nowt new to report though. The Athletics coverage of Derby has gone downhill since Conway left. I’ll be cancelling my subscription, there’s nothing in there anymore.

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

Excellent Questions!!!! 

Quite a few people have been suggesting that the Council can turn a profit on renting to us for £1M or £2M per season!  Fantasy Island.

A fair rent might actually be over £5M per season if the Council is not going to be increasing our council tax further.   

The cost of running a football stadium for 12 months (the Boro costs from a few years ago):

• Business Rates = £1.2M
  • Police Costs = £300K
  • VAT = £1.4M

Who's going to pay these costs? Mel, the council?  The income from tickets, matchdays and sponsorship will soon get swallowed up.  We need the new owner to buy PPS as well as the club.

Thank you, this is exactly what i wanted to know.

Now i think its better to find a buyer for the stadium, someone who can tackle such debt.

However, I am concerned for DCFC as obviously that rental is a loss and 5 million even if its ball park does indicate the amount of money lost to derby.

The new owner isnt going to be buying the club, but I am left wondering if the new owner doesnt choose to lower costs by ground sharing with another local club ie notts county, burton albion or chestfield.

Of course derby fans wouldn't want that but is it cheaper for the new owner.

I see a loss of income the longer the club stays in league one, and so the target has to be promotion from league one at the earliest possibility.

That on top of requiring an almost entire team rebuild.

Derby lack a player capable of scoring 20 goals a season in league one.

Yet if you look the league one top goal scorers table, the majority of the top teams in league one have a top goal scorer.

Derby cant rely on free agents/loans etc as these players dont want to play in league one.

The teams with the highest team spend are the ones at the top of league one, as is the case with most leagues.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So why didn't he just say that?

Maybe he feels that will create ever more questions about specifics when he would already be dangerously close to saying things he shouldn't about financial aspects of what the Preston deal entailed.

Edited by Chester40

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Thank you, this is exactly what i wanted to know.

Now i think its better to find a buyer for the stadium, someone who can tackle such debt.

However, I am concerned for DCFC as obviously that rental is a loss and 5 million even if its ball park does indicate the amount of money lost to derby.

The new owner isnt going to be buying the club, but I am left wondering if the new owner doesnt choose to lower costs by ground sharing with another local club ie notts county, burton albion or chestfield.

Of course derby fans wouldn't want that but is it cheaper for the new owner.

I see a loss of income the longer the club stays in league one, and so the target has to be promotion from league one at the earliest possibility.

That on top of requiring an almost entire team rebuild.

Derby lack a player capable of scoring 20 goals a season in league one.

Yet if you look the league one top goal scorers table, the majority of the top teams in league one have a top goal scorer.

Derby cant rely on free agents/loans etc as these players dont want to play in league one.

The teams with the highest team spend are the ones at the top of league one, as is the case with most leagues.

You think it’s better to find somebody to buy the Stadium.

Are they out there !

Edited by Curtains
Changed

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

No. He was there from 2017-2018 as they got promoted from League one to the championship

Think on Wiki it says he resigned after the new owners came in.

"However, Cook’s involvement has caused concern, with many Wigan fans keen to point out that he was the figure that brought Stanley Choi to the their club, which turned out to be a disaster."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/stay-well-clear-all-the-best-these-fans-react-as-further-details-emerge-in-potential-derby-county-takeover/

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Think on Wiki it says he resigned after the new owners came in.

"However, Cook’s involvement has caused concern, with many Wigan fans keen to point out that he was the figure that brought Stanley Choi to the their club, which turned out to be a disaster."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/stay-well-clear-all-the-best-these-fans-react-as-further-details-emerge-in-potential-derby-county-takeover/

You drag some rubbish up RoyMac .

On a mission again !

2 hours ago, RamBeauIV said:

Excellent Questions!!!! 

• Business Rates = £1.2M
  • Police Costs = £300K
  • VAT = £1.4M

Who's going to pay these costs? Mel, the council?  The income from tickets, match days and sponsorship will soon get swallowed up.  We need the new owner to buy PPS as well as the club.

That's going to be the running cost -although seems high and will also include quite a sum for celebrity Derby old boys paid to sit with you, hand out motm etc, which could be removed ,but you won't run hospitality or a ticket office at a loss, you'll make money on that to assist with the other bits.

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Why does running a ticket office cost £2.5 million per year plus £300k ni ? 

I guess that figure was taken from the Middlesbrough cost breakdown quoted here

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/money-go-hidden-costs-running-15860716

It says that Boro employ 90 staff at the stadium including ticket office, hospitality etc

Similar stadium, similar quotes I assume

Edited by SamUltraRam