The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, sage said:

The administrators have moaned about someone dragging out the process and wasting time. 

I wonder who that could be. 

Not sure if you are inferring Kirchner or not but my take is Mike Ashley.

CK bid on the table 23rd December, Mike Ashley infers Expression of Interest…… Admin have to listen as this could give the creditors more return, CK withdraws bid dueto lack of progress and no formal bid from MA is forthcoming…….. hence Admin comment about time waster.  It now seems CK bid was the best that was going to be available

If it's Kirchner I'll be annoyed. Not because it's Kirchner, but because he had a bid on the table months ago and had that got sorted at the time we could have avoided a lot of pain in the interim. We could have protected our younger players from the vultures circling and we could have potentially picked up a few free agents to help keep us in the division. Just a whole load of wasted time.

17 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Two years ago (I think) on the 4th April it was Derby vs Forest and the Aintree Grand National. Everything got cancelled. The 4th April is my birthday. I was absolutely gutted. Yesterday the Mrs had surprised me with my very own pub. I and she work for the NHS. We were exhausted. I had a funny feeling that the PB would be announced on or around my birthday. Finally some hope and future COYR

A9FCC2BD-031E-496B-9992-E035FF8C87A4.jpeg

She doesn’t look a bad joiner do you think she could knock me one up? Mates rates please.

6 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Not sure if you are inferring Kirchner or not but my take is Mike Ashley.

CK bid on the table 23rd December, Mike Ashley infers Expression of Interest…… Admin have to listen as this could give the creditors more return, CK withdraws bid dueto lack of progress and no formal bid from MA is forthcoming…….. hence Admin comment about time waster.  It now seems CK bid was the best that was going to be available

Don't think it's that straightforward.

MA wants the stadium too, CK not bothered? But there were blockages (Boro) that stopped MA being PB in December.

Q:     "Excuse me Mr Kirchner, but about that coat you took back to The Good Ol' U.S of A with you..."

CK:    "Oh yes?  It's smashing.  Thank you so much for that"

Q:     "It's just that... erm... well... you didn't actually pay for it in the end, and... erm... well... technically you kind of erm... stole it!

CK:    "But, surely it was a gift?  A perk?  A "Thankyou for considering us" kind o' thing?  No?"  

Q:     Well, no.  Not really.  You see, we are merely administrators.  We don't have the power to go giving away Derby County's property.  I don't suppose anyone actually gave you permission to take it, did they?  Anything in writing perhaps?  A receipt would be good!"

CK:    "Well, no.  Of course not."

Q:     "Then allow me sir, to refer back to my earlier reference to theft!  Do they still use "The Chair", in whatever State it is in which you reside?  Gotta be 35 in the pen at least, either way!"

CK:    "But clearly it's a misunderstanding.  A genuine mistake on my part.  It goes without saying that I'm more than happy to pay for it."

Q:     "Well... erm... OK then.  Let's do that, and say no more about it"

CK:    Oh that's great.  Thank you so much.  Very understanding of you, in the circumstances.  How much do I owe you?"

Q:     "Thirty Nine Million English Pounds... and Ninety Nine pence"

CK:     "Well, I may as well buy the whole ducking club then.  You complete bar stewards"!  

#niceoneQ

Edited by Mucker1884

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, it's still the administration thread so I'll assume nothing has solidified yet.

Wasn't the previous falling out with CK when Q tried on the "we're going to use debt restructuring to get rid of Boro and Wycombe, it's in insolvency law" then the EFL went "naw" ?

As per 99 percent of the posts on here,it was all supposition and rumours.

My thoughts:

Kirchner not my 1st or 2nd choice, but I did find myself being a teeny bit jealous when it seemed he was closing in on Preston, especially with Cook going with him.

Ashley was always my number 1, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought he wouldn't be good for us in league 1, or 2, same with Appleby. I'd imagine they would keep their money firmly in their pockets and we would have to hope we have a Steve McClaren type season, an anomaly, to get up.

Kirchner is an unknown, his wealth, his ambitions, but, assuming he does have the money, he might be the best fit for us in league 1.

Rooney thinks highly of him, their ambitions were aligned, according to Rooney.  There is a much better chance of Rooney stopping next year now. 

The hurdles that Nixon refers to are probably stadium related. Kirchner is being announced PB with a caveat that says the stadium is purchased by DCC and leased back. That is probably 1 of the hurdles he is referring to.

I am firmly ready to fall in love and be hurt all over again.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My thoughts:

Kirchner not my 1st or 2nd choice, but I did find myself being a teeny bit jealous when it seemed he was closing in on Preston, especially with Cook going with him.

Ashley was always my number 1, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought he wouldn't be good for us in league 1, or 2, same with Appleby. I'd imagine they would keep their money firmly in their pockets and we would have to hope we have a Steve McClaren type season, an anomaly, to get up.

Kirchner is an unknown, his wealth, his ambitions, but, assuming he does have the money, he might be the best fit for us in league 1.

Rooney thinks highly of him, their ambitions were aligned, according to Rooney.  There is a much better chance of Rooney stopping next year now. 

The hurdles that Nixon refers to are probably stadium related. Kirchner is being announced PB with a caveat that says the stadium is purchased by DCC and leased back. That is probably 1 of the hurdles he is referring to.

I am firmly ready to fall in love and be hurt all over again.

Based on his business background I believe he will be innovative in his approach to ownership……. I’m sure he will have new ideas (legitimate ones hopefully!!)