The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Apologies if already mentioned, but could Chris Kirchner now be back in for us? Found the collapse of his Preston bid rather odd. 

He’s seemingly posted on Twitter “in time, everything will make sense in time” ?

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

We travel from Cambridge. Went to match yesterday. travelled up Friday afternoon - had pub meal in Derby Friday on arrival, bought present for family member in Derby shop and visited Friday paying for parking, stayed in hotel and paid for some electric vehicle charge/parking Friday night, bought breakfast in cafe Sat morning, to main shops and bought some stuff Saturday morning, coffee and cake before heading to match, parking fee to I assume a Derby person at match, Frankie & Bennys after match whilst waiting for traffic to clear so fed and ready for drive home missing traffic. Plus match tickets, drinks in ground and couple bits in megastore. Is that enough for you as a fan who lives away? 

….and you didn’t buy a programme.

Korean Drama Ugh GIF by The Swoon

13 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Apologies if already mentioned, but could Chris Kirchner now be back in for us? Found the collapse of his Preston bid rather odd. 

Did you? As my mother would say, he is all fart and no poo.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

We travel from Cambridge. Went to match yesterday. travelled up Friday afternoon - had pub meal in Derby Friday on arrival, bought present for family member in Derby shop and visited Friday paying for parking, stayed in hotel and paid for some electric vehicle charge/parking Friday night, bought breakfast in cafe Sat morning, to main shops and bought some stuff Saturday morning, coffee and cake before heading to match, parking fee to I assume a Derby person at match, Frankie & Bennys after match whilst waiting for traffic to clear so fed and ready for drive home missing traffic. Plus match tickets, drinks in ground and couple bits in megastore. Is that enough for you as a fan who lives away? 

Crikey……..that must cost a pretty penny every time you visit!

Couldn’t you just buy the stadium and live in it instead?

6 hours ago, Carnero said:

Council buying the stadium and leasing it back with a purchase options is a great idea.

We've got some weird ducking 'supporters' on here, determined to find a problem with every solution ?

I don't think it's a bad idea but they couldn't make the numbers work before apparently according to one councillor so how they'll do it this time I'm not sure. It's certainly not impossible and I think overall it's a good thing if it does happen but I imagine there are still a few hurdles to cross.  

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2084592-bolton-wanderers-avoid-sanctions-after-settlement-with-creditors

I've been following this topic and not really posting so forgive me if this has already been raised.. 

When bolton came out of admin in 2019 they had 2 years to clear their debt at 25p in the £1 so as to avoid a 15 point deduction. (see link) 

I've not seen or heard anything like this for Derby's situation, it just seems like debt needs clearing now to avoid the 15 point penalty.. Anybody know why this is so? 

Or is it simply because most of Derby's debt is football creditor and hmrc so needs paying now? 

Edited by JMC

Pretty sure Notts' ground is Council owned, if so then we know it can happen if there is the political will for it. Although their ground is a proper tip, also if it was a cash leech then they must have tried to flog it to that fridge manget bloke or that Olympiakos fella just to get it off their books. However distasteful MM getting money is, if it removes a massive stumbling block in regards to purchasing and means we get a club to support in future then that is great. Of course we will be back to square 1 with the bids as I'm betting that any bids in so far will have factored in the stadium and will need to be rethought, resubmitted, re read over the weekend, shared with Percy and or Nicko, finer points clarified etc. etc. for about 5 more months. Who knows the Binnies or others may wander back into the reckoning again.

I'd also imagine that any new owner would want the ground, before selling the club on. It'll maximise the profits especially if we are Prem at the time, so when we are a Championship team (guarenteed) and in a safe position for the coming season (no deductions, decent squad) then the owner may feel as though they can make that extra investment. They may not want too during our current predicament. If the council buy it, if only for a short time (with a view to selling it on), then that issue can be resolved over time, whilst we can move on, move up and get a few more than 5 players on the books.

1 hour ago, dajstrawb said:

I hope not. Some of his outbursts on twitter made Alonso look like a good option.

Having said that it has been reported that one of the bids was American (although assumed it was Appleby)

With the involvement of the council i did have another thought that the County Council pension fund may step in as an investment vehicle, i believe the City Council employees are in the County pension fund. In this way no tax payers money will be directly spent and the Pension Fund have very profitable asset.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think it's a bad idea but they couldn't make the numbers work before apparently according to one councillor so how they'll do it this time I'm not sure. It's certainly not impossible and I think overall it's a good thing if it does happen but I imagine there are still a few hurdles to cross.  

Used to jumping hurdles….Grand National fences actually ?