The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Fwiw, I think this is where we are now at. Q have been trying, a lot harder than many think on here, to maximise the return for Creditors, and for the benefit of the Club, to get a deal that sees us start next season on a level playing field. If now it seems most likely that we are going to be in L1, I suspect the deal figure is now much nearer £35m than £50m which is what they were hoping for. No one is going to pay much more than that for L1 income stream. Whether we start on -15 points now depends on whether Morris decides he will take a very modest settlement from this, and see’s off MSD himself. We are into a game of high stakes poker.

It's time for Mel to blink first imo.

16 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I think we are done sadly, and I feel that I'm starting to accept this eventuality. 

I suspect we'll still be a club by next season in league 1, with some ancient players on 6month contracts, but doubt we'll make Christmas and fold.

I don't think for one minute the EFL would allow that to happen,they would demand proof that we could fund a complete season,if we can't then we are expelled from the league.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thanks for sharing this, as a a comment to the posters subject matter a lot of us have already reached the same conclusions so doesn't add anymore value to the situation and after all they are his "takes" which I assume means personal opinion not facts. 

At least it tells us they are meeting with Quantuma again on Monday. I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With all backroom and office staff, I reckon the total wage bill would drop to something in the £8-10m range - £200k pm. If it takes a couple of months the for our embargo to be lifted, that's a nice saving for the next owner.

I forsee us getting through to the end of the season and using those funds to cover some of the debts. Even less money for an owner to actually commit to out of his own wallet.

Do Lech count as a 'Football Creditor' due to being outside of the prectection of the EFL/FA? Rumoured £2.5-3m fee outstanding. Potentially another £2m knocked off the price tag.

Potentially, right now it could be as little as £47m for club and stadium whilst avoiding 15 points next season. £25m to MSD, £7m HMRC, about £5m to football creditors, £5m to unsecured creditors and £5m to the admins (can't be bothered to add up the actual figures).

Wait until the summer for the EFL and sponsorship money to come in to pay off some debt and we're down to a £37m figure.

Are you assuming Rooney will stay? He would be a big part of the wage bill if he does. 

31 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Fwiw, I think this is where we are now at. Q have been trying, a lot harder than many think on here, to maximise the return for Creditors, and for the benefit of the Club, to get a deal that sees us start next season on a level playing field. If now it seems most likely that we are going to be in L1, I suspect the deal figure is now much nearer £35m than £50m which is what they were hoping for. No one is going to pay much more than that for L1 income stream. Whether we start on -15 points now depends on whether Morris decides he will take a very modest settlement from this, and see’s off MSD himself. We are into a game of high stakes poker.

Maybe. But I don't think what division we are in makes that much difference to the price, especially as we have been odds on for relegation all season. GoC has just estimated we might "only " need £37 million to avoid a points penalty so it would be shame for buyers to bring self inflicted pain by only offering £35m and getting another massive points deduction just for want of £2m. But we will see.   

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I suspect we are running at break even ish with the sales of players and match takings and with four more matches at home we will be fine until the last game of the season as from then there is no money what so ever - which will be fine from the viewpoint of the EFL 

The viewpoint of the EFL is irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As soon as the season ends we're awarded Central EFL funds for the 21/22 season (not far off £7m). As the summer progresses, we'll receive the lion's share of our money from sponsors for the 22/23 season, which will be £3-4m in L1, £5m+ in the Championship.

But the £7M will go towards settling some of the debt, it won't be used to keep the club going for the closed season.

21 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But the £7M will go towards settling some of the debt, it won't be used to keep the club going for the closed season.

Well the new owner still benefits to the tune of £7m then dont they? Why do you always put the most negative slant on anything? Even the receipt of £7m your comment start "But....

I can’t see how the stadium is s block. We know it’s owned by Mel and not in administration. We probably know Mel owes money to MSD via the stadium. 

Plus if I remember correctly he said a while ago that the new owner could lease the stadium from him. Which in theory means a new owner does not to need to find extra money straight away to purchase the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, rsmini said:

I can’t see how the stadium is s block. We know it’s owned by Mel and not in administration. We probably know Mel owes money to MSD via the stadium. 

Plus if I remember correctly he said a while ago that the new owner could lease the stadium from him. Which in theory means a new owner does not to need to find extra money straight away to purchase the stadium. 

On that basis would Ashley still be able to use the ground for branding?

9 minutes ago, rsmini said:

The stadium isn't a block at all. As I have suggested before, a new owner could (should?) buy the club and cut a deal with Burton to play home games there. Let Morris be left high and dry. The Bamford would deserve it.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The stadium isn't a block at all. As I have suggested before, a new owner could (should?) buy the club and cut a deal with Burton to play home games there. Let Morris be left high and dry. The Bamford would deserve it.

How many does Burton hold? Not practical surely…

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Wrong thread, the joke thread is in the Jim Smith room.