The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few different methods were used. One of which used a straight-line, where £0 would be at typical retirement age, so none-zero at the end of the contract.

Was Derby’s method used pre Bosman GOC? Ie just estimate what players is worth now? 

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Talk Sport is no different to Reality TV shows, They're there to entice the viewer/listener, SJ might be close to those who have money to spend, But when it comes to the ins and outs of the EFL/Administration i'll take my cue from those on here thankyou very much.

He has the mike also he has the nouce to cut the caller off if either you get a little firm with him or better still...a lot nearer to the truth, The only time i've listened to him is when it's posted up on here, Then only for a short while, I'd sooner watch Ant n Dec in the jungle and I don't watch that shyte, So SJ has neither gained or lost a listener.

Why do people listen to that show...not a clue, I guess it's because they hope they'll hear what they want to hear.

They did interview hosking once and you never know someone like curtains may appear every now and then.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lots of people on this thread referring to the phrase written and asking about email etc and delay.  A large amount of paperwork, particularly relating to promises of large cash payments to creditors, requires a wet signature, or in old terms someone with a pen and a countersigner with a pen.  Its usual.  

50 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Simon Jordan and Adrian Durham are two reasons I don’t listen to Talk Sport any more. Them, and the nutters who ring in with their point of view ? ??

He's really pissed off our mates on OTIB today, so I 'll give him a pass for one day only 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/215969-talk-sport-and-the-city-model/

Nice to see old Poppa baalocks actually seeing issues with other clubs though.  Praise the lord.

As for the fella with this comment.  

Derby county fans wetting their knickers about it already I see. Sad ****s.   

I refer you to your own forums, almost 100 page vitriolic outburst, that's gone on for about 18 months.   Page 92 -93 is particularly unpleasant, clutching at the sale price of Pride Park again and hoping this prevents a sale. Back to December 2020 aren't we chaps.  Perhaps you could start copying and pasting your original tirades.

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yay - let's celeberate - we're now roughly at the same point that we were with the Fake Sheikh and the Homoerotic Boxer

We still need a twitter video of Appleby showing us round his 10 bedroom crib in Miami.  Then it turns out he's rented it from Barry Gibb for the week.  We're still a few days of that.

Any "advantage" gained by amortising differently is by definition temporary as all you're doing is rearranging cashflow over a short period (the duration of a players contract). 

You still have to start at the purchase price and end at 0 and we were shown to be doing just that. 

The shrieking narrative of "systematically cheating" is completely disproportionate. 

We could only have been systematically spending more than allowed if we were excluding some cost from the ffp calculation. But no complaints of that nature have been made which given Gibso's tendency to spray accusations around suggests that there isn't anything of that nature. 

54 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Was Derby’s method used pre Bosman GOC? Ie just estimate what players is worth now? 

Doubt it in those terms.

But how do clubs determine how much impairment is fair? Clubs upon relegation usually apply a big impairment charge, but as far as I'm aware it isn't specified how those figures are reached. 

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Did we use our amortisation method before any 3-year period when we were sanctioned?

Or was the first time that we used our amortisation method, also the first time that we faced sanctions according to the "standard" amortisation method.

We implemented our amortisation policy in the 15/16 season, meaning it was used in the 13/14-15/16 P&S period onwards.

We were charged in Jan 2020 with failing the 3 year period to 2018 (15/16-17/18). I believe the EFL were planning to later charge us with failing the 2019 period too if found guilty.

We were eventually found guilty of failing the 2017 (14/15-16/17), 2019 (16/17-18/19) and 2021 (17/18-20/21) periods.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Show me the (BAFO) money moment.

Lets hope they (buyers) don’t want to carry on to another round of brinkmanship..

Or say “Sorry I need my money for a ski trip after all…bye”

My worry is the Admins will try to play bidders off against each other despite probably issuing them with a request for a BAFO. I genuinely hope that, assuming they have told them one last offer, they mean it and make a decision based on that.

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Doubt it in those terms.

But how do clubs determine how much impairment is fair? Clubs upon relegation usually apply a big impairment charge, but as far as I'm aware it isn't specified how those figures are reached. 

Thanks GOC. 

But as you have already confirmed other methods were used including assuming that a player would stay until retirement .

Even if he wasn’t contracted for more than three years. 

so again I don’t see how the Bosman ruling forces you to assume a player will leave for nothing in three years time.. and to depreciate that loss over three years. 

we seem to have been stung by this . And many other things too.