The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

They’ll suddenly remember they need to be impartial again and state they can’t get involved - bank on it 

See, that’s what I’d have thought too, but this is a perfect “out” for the EFL. Any other route damages them one way or another. This is the only way they come out of this relatively unscathed.

3 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

Presumably if the two clubs don’t take up MMs offer then he could indemnify the bidders against any costs resulting from the claims thereby removing the perceived risk to the new owners.

Given that he’s just written a 4 page essay basically calling the EFL and their arbitration process borderline corrupt, I think the odds of him wanting to underwrite the outcome of an arbitration hearing are basically zero.

And to be fair (on this point anyway), if I was underwriting a legal outcome, I’d want my own lawyers running the case, not someone else’s.

2 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

Presumably if the two clubs don’t take up MMs offer then he could indemnify the bidders against any costs resulting from the claims thereby removing the perceived risk to the new owners.

Yes was thinking the same. I'm pessimistic that the parasites will agree to this so there's always this way around. Either way, the phone must be red hot tonight between Gibson, Parry and Couhig as they conspire to prepare a reply. Pathetic.

Well Gibson’s bluff has finally been called.

If, as he protests, he truly believes his claim has legal merit then he’ll accept Mel’s offer.

If he doesn’t, then this was clearly just an attempt to hold us to ransom and make a quick buck from a settlement. Or he just wants to see us go under.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Really did not see that statement coming, long overdue but like someone said previously, maybe we needed the EFLs stance on the claims before making this move.

A lot of parts of the statement have been what a lot of fans have been saying for long time, some key parts...

- Happy to take the claims on himself

- Calls BS on the arbitration timing as its scheduled for May so EFL have been lying saying admins have been ignoring it

- Questions the panel who judged our amortisation policy

- Raises the point that Gibson sold his debts to one of his own companies

- Highlights the sale of players between clubs with the same owners such as Udinese/Watford & Forest/Olympiakos

Next move is on the EFL/WW/Boro - i fully expect the EFL to make something up to say they cannot take Mel up on his offer. However, in that case surely Mel can do an agreememt with the new owners he will cover the costs to take it to court so no extra outgoing for the incoming owners and means Mel is still paying for it to go to court.

Mel's statement is huge at it solves the biggest problem of them all.

4 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I have a negative feeling that either SG, RC, or EFL will prevent it.

Ta Mel, still not forgiven though.

The optics of doing that are terrible though, if they want to act as if they have a case, take Mel on, then when you win you don't take down a football club.

If you don't do that, is that because you know you don't have a strong case and think the best way to get a pay day is to force Derby to settle so they can move forward? Or is it just revenge? Either looks poor.