The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He had plans for a multi purpose stadium. And a premier league team. Didn’t happen did it? A big fat fail. Time for him to cut his losses now which I think he is doing.

Isnt the answer to @Gritstone Ram ‘s question simply that MM ‘grabbed the stadium in the first place’ for FFP reasons. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Isnt the answer to @Gritstone Ram ‘s question simply that MM ‘grabbed the stadium in the first place’ for FFP reasons. 

And curious though it may seem, the stadium not being “ours” is the thing that has and probably will, prevent liquidation. There isn’t a great fat asset to be sold to satisfy creditors. 

9 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Let's sit tight and see what rollercoaster happens this week. I'm wfh tomoz so will be glued to radio.

In the office Tues thru Thurs so will be distracted seeing as I won't have a regular update 

In summary hoping it's sorted tomoz

With no Derby county to listen to or about Radio Derby would take a massive hit in terms of its viability 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think it will cover the debts. And may not be the best bid received. Percy says Appleby offered over £30m

Without contemplating taking on the parasite football club owners - big difference 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Parry seemed to be backtracking in his EFL sponsored Sky Sports interview.. 1 Feb may not be  the final deadline, although Percy reckoned that without PB or other funding we would run out of cash in the 2nd week of Feb. So there may be more brinkmanship to come. 

Probably the second week now after getting £400,000 of Chelsea 

10 minutes ago, jono said:

And curious though it may seem, the stadium not being “ours” is the thing that has and probably will, prevent liquidation. There isn’t a great fat asset to be sold to satisfy creditors. 

I have thought this for a long time. Morris did the transaction the way he did to avoid FFP penalties, and because it needed to be an arms length sale, but you are absolutely right, if he had carried on with his car crash mentality without that deal, the stadium would now be an asset available to the Administrators/Creditors. How much value it would have in a liquidation with no club and being of community asset status I don't know, but he would be out of the 'behind the scenes' negotiations (and probably, if as it seems Gibson's motivations are highly personal, we might not have contingent football creditor claims hanging over us). Funny old game, business.

17 minutes ago, jono said:

That's an interesting notion. if that's the case it would then depend what he did after a successful take-over has gone through.

Sell at a reasonable price to new owners?

Give to the club as big Easter Egg? (which would help with healing)

Charge us loads of rent?

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have thought this for a long time. Morris did the transaction the way he did to avoid FFP penalties, and because it needed to be an arms length sale, but you are absolutely right, if he had carried on with his car crash mentality without that deal, the stadium would now be an asset available to the Administrators/Creditors. How much value it would have in a liquidation with no club and being of community asset status I don't know, but he would be out of the 'behind the scenes' negotiations (and probably, if as it seems Gibson's motivations are highly personal, we might not have contingent football creditor claims hanging over us). Funny old game, business.

MM master stroke that has got up Gibsons nose 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

12 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Charge us loads of rent?

There is already a lease agreement (~1.1m per year) that is currently being temporarily waved. I cant imagine he can just hike it, worst case he would just demand the agreed payments.

“Overall, Maguire says news of Carlisle Capital’s bid is a step in the right direction.”

“This could be a masterstroke by the administrators,” he said.

“Seven days ago they put out a fairly incendiary message on the club website. That provoked a reaction from lots of other parties.

“You’ve got to give a lot of credit to the Derby fans because they’ve done the smart things.

“They’ve got mobilised, organised, they’ve bombarded MPs so you’ve had the matter being spoken about in the House of Commons and, all of the sudden, the pressure has come on.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-masterstroke-carlisle-capital-6538527

Edited by Curtains
Added

Is it really that important to “own” the stadium we play in if we have a very long lease at an agreed annual rental? In fact could it be a better scenario? 

if the lease agreed with MM also has a sizeable rental increase in the contract when we reach the Prem, which we will during the lease period, it could be a good deal for both parties. 

quite relaxed about the stadium ownership if contracts are tight. 

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Is it really that important to “own” the stadium we play in if we have a very long lease at an agreed annual rental? In fact could it be a better scenario? 

if the lease agreed with MM also has a sizeable rental increase in the contract when we reach the Prem, which we will during the lease period, it could be a good deal for both parties. 

Not essential, but the concern is that the MSD debt of £20m still sits in the football club if the stadium isn't purchased outright, as it's believed the purchase of the stadium leads to the loan being paid off.

Thats ~£2m annual interest, on top of the stadium rental.

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Depends on the other income generators. Who receives the following:

- Match day revenue in the concourses
- Weekly hire of Conference Facilities
- Rental that I'm sure Greggs, The Yard and the Coffee shop are all paying
- Potential naming rights
- Stand Sponsorship

To me having the Stadium under the clubs ownership is key as its such a vital revenue stream.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I certainly think in the short-term, provided the MSD debt is handled somehow, I'm not too worried about Morris owning the stadium. Long-term it does need moving back unto the club, because we don't know what the future might hold for Morris. The last thing we want is him, for example, having money problems and being forced to sell it off to a 3rd party. 

It does sound like Morris has agreed to a period of exclusivity with a preferred bidder to buy the stadium, but we have no idea how long that is.  Is it 6 months while the takeover goes through, or is it a 20 year commitment to safeguard the club?  If he is going to retain ownership, it would be nice if that was clarified, and ideally negotiated to be the latter. 

Just now, rammieib said:

Depends on the other income generators. Who receives the following:

- Match day revenue in the concourses
- Weekly hire of Conference Facilities
- Rental that I'm sure Greggs, The Yard and the Coffee shop are all paying
- Potential naming rights
- Stand Sponsorship

To me having the Stadium under the clubs ownership is key as its such a vital revenue stream.

Well match day revenue in the concourses definitely goes to the club not the owner as it's one of the places we are being encouraged to spend.