The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So, Ashley speaks to Gibson and says, how much are you looking for? Gibson tells him how much. Ashley says I'm bidding for dcfc so you drop your claim officially and I will offer Mel morris less for the stadium and tie in the administrators for less just as per your open letter then I'll settle our agreement with you privately....... Too devious? 

Perfectly plausible when you remember Gibson's complaint that he'd had to chuck another £28M into Boro that he could have spent on his family or supporting projects in Smogland. A private deal would mean the money came to him unheralded and he could alsways use some of it to balance Boro's FFP submission for this season, when they're likely to blow FFP apart.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Perfectly plausible when you remember Gibson's complaint that he'd had to chuck another £28M into Boro that he could have spent on his family or supporting projects in Smogland. A private deal would mean the money came to him unheralded and he could alsways use some of it to balance Boro's FFP submission for this season, when they're likely to blow FFP apart.

EFL rules on FFP will be changed for Boro and Klan city you can bet on it. Mr Pop rules are rules no quarter to be given, until its them in the mire, what an horrible human being, the human questionable in my opinion.

Just now, Crewton said:

Did anyone else spot that we owe Wasserman Group just over £1M? The agency that brought us so many VFM signings (not) in Rush's time in charge?

One of the few upsides of us going into liquidation is the thought of that lot getting nothing.

No upside of liquidation, hopefully this week will see things sorted…..

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Did anyone else spot that we owe Wasserman Group just over £1M? The agency that brought us so many VFM signings (not) in Rush's time in charge?

One of the few upsides of us going into liquidation is the thought of that lot getting nothing.

Something to do Cocu? 

Wasserman Netherlands, formerly known as Sport-Promotion and based in The Hague, assists several athletes in different sports. Our clients are football players and coaches like Leroy Fer, Marco van Ginkel, John Heitinga, Daryl Janmaat, Dirk Kuyt, Maarten Stekelenburg, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Dennis Bergkamp, Ronald Koeman, Phillip Cocu, Roy Makaay and Jan Wouters.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The absolute clown show that is the EFL would be at its absolute peak if they allowed us to liquidate and then start again in League Two. Talk about wanting their cake and eating it too. 

I would hazard a guess that Derby County have been on TV significantly more so than any other team in the Championship this year? It seems like we've been on TV for roughly a third of our games. We are a cash cow to them and they're willing to throw their entire league structure so that they can guarantee we would be a league club and they can continue to milk us? 

It's obviously good for us, honestly if it's a case of League One with a ton of debt and potential point deductions in the future due to the administration process or liquidation and a start again in League Two with a clean slate then obviously the latter makes a ton more sense. I just find it laughable how badly they're trying to screw us, now they're worried we could go bust they're wanting to protect their own investment. Rancid. 

Indeed. Debt free, owning Pride Park, P&S clean slate and no points deductions in League 2 looks like a pretty good option to me. 

As fans we'd have a great time - filling half the away grounds and aiming to win that lower tier trophy (Vanarama?). I suspect that this option would see us back in the Championship quicker than actually exiting administration in the conventional manner. 

44 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Indeed. Debt free, owning Pride Park, P&S clean slate and no points deductions in League 2 looks like a pretty good option to me. 

As fans we'd have a great time - filling half the away grounds and aiming to win that lower tier trophy (Vanarama?). I suspect that this option would see us back in the Championship quicker than actually exiting administration in the conventional manner. 

We wouldn’t own pride park as Mel would own it so we would have to buy the ground or msd would own it. We’d also have to rent the training ground and they’ve got a charge because of Derby so who’s to stop whoever owns the training ground from saying on your bike? 

also the other clubs have to vote us back in. How likely is that to happen. Ohh you’ve liquidated and got all your debt written off and bury had to start again in the basement league but it’s alright we will give you a place in league 2 at the expense of somebody in the national league? 

Edited by Barney1991

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The absolute clown show that is the EFL would be at its absolute peak if they allowed us to liquidate and then start again in League Two. Talk about wanting their cake and eating it too. 

I would hazard a guess that Derby County have been on TV significantly more so than any other team in the Championship this year? It seems like we've been on TV for roughly a third of our games. We are a cash cow to them and they're willing to throw their entire league structure so that they can guarantee we would be a league club and they can continue to milk us? 

It's obviously good for us, honestly if it's a case of League One with a ton of debt and potential point deductions in the future due to the administration process or liquidation and a start again in League Two with a clean slate then obviously the latter makes a ton more sense. I just find it laughable how badly they're trying to screw us, now they're worried we could go bust they're wanting to protect their own investment. Rancid. 

Bury down to 10th level or whatever but we can go to 4th tier because we are a bigger club? These people are morons!

The admins job is to get the best deal for the creditors so wont accept the 1st bid, they will give other interested parties time to come forward but imo they need a deadline to do that & before feb 1st, maybe by this Thurs so a PB can be named Fri with the money in our bank before next weekend.

Hopefully they have a backup plan lined up to bring in additional funding if a PB cannot be named for whatever reason (EFL)

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The admins job is to get the best deal for the creditors so wont accept the 1st bid, they will give other interested parties time to come forward but imo they need a deadline to do that & before feb 1st, maybe by this Thurs so a PB can be named Fri with the money in our bank before next weekend.

Hopefully they have a backup plan lined up to bring in additional funding if a PB cannot be named for whatever reason (EFL)

Agree totally. Hopefully with enough time to agree PB status and show proof of funds and remove the hard embargo. 

33 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We wouldn’t own pride park as Mel would own it so we would have to buy the ground or msd would own it. We’d also have to rent the training ground and they’ve got a charge because of Derby so who’s to stop whoever owns the training ground from saying on your bike? 

also the other clubs have to vote us back in. How likely is that to happen. Ohh you’ve liquidated and got all your debt written off and bury had to start again in the basement league but it’s alright we will give you a place in league 2 at the expense of somebody in the national league? 

It wouldn't be at the expense of another club, with only 2 teams going down to league one, it would be 1 short, most likely then an extra team from league 2 would be promoted to replace, leaving a space in league 2.

Don't think people realise though that this plan leaves us with no staff or players, first team or academy. 

It's a bit of a dirty trick by the efl if true. Pay £30m for a league 1 team or let us liquidate and pick up a league 2 team for nothing. The investors currently looking at it would surely do that. 

2 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

It wouldn't be at the expense of another club, with only 2 teams going down to league one, it would be 1 short, most likely then an extra team from league 2 would be promoted to replace, leaving a space in league 2.

Don't think people realise though that this plan leaves us with no staff or players, first team or academy. 

It's a bit of a dirty trick by the efl if true. Pay £30m for a league 1 team or let us liquidate and pick up a league 2 team for nothing. The investors currently looking at it would surely do that. 

Still have to buy the stadium so that’s 20 million 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What home gates do you think we would get? Rather have a clean slate and start in League 1 next season with a good chance of getting back up to the Championship ??

It's hard to say but I think we'd easily have the biggest attendance figures in the league. Obviously league1 and clean slate is the better option but I would still be cheering on in league 2 . I honestly don't care either way anymore as long as I have a team to support.

Just been pondering exactly what punishments we have had or are currently under, from the EFL.

1. -21 points

2. Transfer embargo for 4 windows to date?

3. Wage cap (£4k) ?

4. No loan fees can be paid

5. No £8m covid payment that all other clubs had

6. Witholding TV money

7. £100k fine

8. No contracts can be renewed.

Is there anything else?

5 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

Surely the difference is worth the costs/risk. There’s still a chance of championship football. There’s no guarantee of getting out of League 2 quickly (or at all, really) and the loss of revenue would be disastrous. And also all the lost assets and the revenue they generate obviously.