The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Don't really get the requirement of proving funds at this stage. If we get pulled out of the league 1st Feb then the competition would already be compromised. 

Exactly. If we run out of money in March and can’t complete the season how is that any worse than being expelled and not completing the season beyond 1 Feb.

except Efl has its power trip like some Timon emperor.

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

How much is his instalment for? would the efl accept ticket sale projections as 'proof of funding' based on an estimate or would they demand something more concrete?  

I don't know.
I don't know, but I'd hope and expect so. Ticket sales are used in P&S projections for the year so I'd be surprised if a different approach was used here.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Outgoings were about £410k per week (22/09-15/11). We'll be at about £380k following the recent departures.
With 15 weeks (and a day) until our final fixture, that's £5.7m.
Jozwiak's installment is due so let's just say Wiliams' fee cancels that out.
Ticket sales in that early part of the season were £767k for 4 games. A trend of increasing attendances will continue, so that's an extra £2m coming in.

£3.7m short give or take based on fees for the players mentioned.

I don't think you're too far off here although maybe £1 Million out on the Joz installment fee versus the Williams incoming fee.

However the EFL should not be withholding money for TV - even if that is maybe 200-300k.

However, I think £4 Million is probably around correct.

the only other question I would ask is if the ST money is ring fenced - then surely the income per game is around 16k x £20 plus 8k x £24 as a ticket price. This comes to around 500k for each home game. My suspicion is the money received from ST's sold in 2020 was used but ST's sold prior to this season kicking off was ring fenced.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I don't think you're too far off here although maybe £1 Million out on the Joz installment fee versus the Williams incoming fee.

However the EFL should not be withholding money for TV - even if that is maybe 200-300k.

However, I think £4 Million is probably around correct.

the only other question I would ask is if the ST money is ring fenced - then surely the income per game is around 16k x £20 plus 8k x £24 as a ticket price. This comes to around 500k for each home game. My suspicion is the money received from ST's sold in 2020 was used but ST's sold prior to this season kicking off was ring fenced.

You are right. That ring fenced amount should come in to it. The figures I've been using are from this little snippet, where the ticket sales won't include ST money.

image.thumb.png.068dc7ae74d90de505fb8adc4f8c0a7e.png.38711fbe2c3cc57524288c9e8bb098b3.png

26 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Apologies.

Can members read for themselves today's Daily Telegraph Business Section critical review of the EFL?!

And then decide how it could help us?

Having read the article I’m not sure how it does help us? 

I think everyone can echo the sentiment written: It’s difficult not to conclude that we’ve seen gross EFL incompetence throughout this saga. A worthy governance institution should enforce rules in a timely manner and offer clarity. The FFP regulations are specifically supposed to ensure that members cannot get into these situations. On those grounds, the EFL has failed. While Derby supporters know that ultimate blame lies with Mel Morris, Derby South MP Margaret Beckett spoke for many in saying: “If Derby are to be liquidated, none of those involved will be forgiven.”

But the crux of the article is about not thinking that a government-led regulatory body would have necessarily done any better.

At best, something to add to the list of information @David is pulling together?

If anyone else notices something more significant, feel free to shout it out. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/20/footballs-financial-lunacy-cannot-tackled-red-tape/

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Rooney not happy with Morris in his interview and rightly so. Also Dylan Williams off to Chelsea but wonder how much for 

Somewhere between £30k and £100k is my guess. 

As was pointed out, as he was scholar it affected Derby's bargaining power and we couldn't offer him a pro contract due to the current situation.

I'm not sure if anybody else who's on Twitter is noticing this, but for ever Forest fan gloating in threads about admin/liquidation there are 3 Leeds fans.

Leeds fans out number Forest, Boro and every other club combined which is so weird.

I hope Bamford never leaves them because he epitomises the whole club, culture and fans. 

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not sure if anybody else who's on Twitter is noticing this, but for ever Forest fan gloating in threads about admin/liquidation there are 3 Leeds fans.

Leeds fans out number Forest, Boro and every other club combined which is so weird.

I hope Bamford never leaves them because he epitomises the whole club, culture and fans. 

I don’t read them, I’m angry enough as it is. But Boro unbidden popped up on me Facebook and, my God, they actually love what their club is doing, they really believe that it is for the good of football, and these are not young kids either 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m sorry to disrupt the very earnest discussion but Niall Horan retweets DCFC tweet and in 4 minutes he has 14k likes. 
Oh if only that made some difference 

Not on Twitter. Can someone ask him directly if there is anything he can do ?