The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Oh my days, they've come out to deny any deal with Middlesbrough..! They are panicking.

It's correct that this is not solely dependant on the Boro and Wycombe issues, however we are unable to name a preferred bidder until that has been resolved, surely they can understand this? 

They can say they need this information urgently, as well as proof of funding, although we need them to also make a decision on if Boro and Wycombe are football creditors urgently. 

To me, this statement looks like another attempt to try and push the clubs to resolve it between themselves, knowing that if they make a decision it will anger either party, they appear to desperately want to avoid this for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, David said:

It's correct that this is not solely dependant on the Boro and Wycombe issues, however we are unable to name a preferred bidder until that has been resolved, surely they can understand this? 

They can say they need this information urgently, as well as proof of funding, although we need them to also make a decision on if Boro and Wycombe are football creditors urgently. 

To me, this statement looks like another attempt to try and push the clubs to resolve it between themselves, knowing that if they make a decision it will anger either party, they appear to desperately want to avoid this for obvious reasons.

Yeah, the current blockage in progress being made on anything else is the Boro and Wycombe situation, which they are causing. It's a poor attempt to deflect.

Got a reply from the EFL today from one of Rick Parrys flunkies as he must be far too busy to reply to emails. Just full of waffle without saying what they intend to do themselves:-

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your comments and recognise this is a concerning time for all those connected to the Club.

On Monday 17 January the EFL released a statement in the form of a Q&A from Chief Executive Trevor Birch, in order to comment on a number of recent reports, social media comment and fan communication in relation to ongoing matters at Derby County. The Q&A can be read here but a number of relevant comments from it have been provided below in order to address some of the points you raise.

The EFL is taking proactive steps to work with the Administrators to find sensible solutions that will see the Club secure a long-term future and meet the requirements as set out in EFL Regulations and the League’s Insolvency Policy.

The aims of the Insolvency Policy are to try and ensure a continuation of a football Club, the settlement of all football debts and the satisfaction of creditors. Part of the League’s rationale for requiring the settlement of creditors is to preserve competition integrity. In this respect the current situation remains challenging as Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers consider their claims should be protected under the terms of the Insolvency Policy but the Administrators disagree. Further, as those claims are not yet determined, the Administrators and bidders have no clarity on the size of any (if any) liability.

The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them, however it is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

As outlined in the Q&A, this is a complicated set of circumstances that requires consideration of the EFL’s broader role as the body that oversees 72 member Clubs and not just those Clubs that may be affected at any one time. To try and simplify what is a complex legal position is not simple or straightforward but we are committed to finding an appropriate solution and providing clarity on the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny

Supporter Services Department

EFL

Edited by Tyler Durden

How come this reads like another ticking off from the EFL?

They are so keen to keep pointing out that they have done nothing wrong, that it makes me think they MUST be hiding something!

I also disagree with the EFL that taking a view on the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims is not acting in the best interests of the "72". If they don't take a view on this, they are going to be dealing with dozens more claims in the future as football turns into a legal free-for-all.

Why don't they just ask all 72 clubs to vote on whether they're happy for clubs to be suing each other in this way? They'd lose 70-2!

At present, the EFL is not in a position to make a determination as to the status of compensation claims by Middlesbrough and Wycombe under the terms of the EFL’s Articles of Association and/or Insolvency policy, as it could lead to additional action from those already interested parties and the wider membership of Clubs. The role of the EFL is to balance the interests of all 72 EFL Clubs and to make a unilateral decision either way could de-stabilise the competition and be viewed as reckless and unfair to all parties.

I read this as:

"We're scared to rule on it in case other clubs start doing the same thing"

Just both sides pointing fingers in each other again - nothing resolved. How depressing

5 minutes ago, David said:

angry circle GIF by aap

Any way that we could just get funding from someone... anyone... that'll see us out until the end of the season and buy us some time? I'm sure there's enough multi-millionaires around Derbyshire that could club together. Each side is blaming the other and we're eventually going to run out of time.

Alongside many others on here, I don't know what I'd do if there was no more DCFC.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

How come this reads like another ticking off from the EFL?

They are so keen to keep pointing out that they have done nothing wrong, that it makes me think they MUST be hiding something!

I also disagree with the EFL that taking a view on the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims is not acting in the best interests of the "72". If they don't take a view on this, they are going to be dealing with dozens more claims in the future as football turns into a legal free-for-all.

Why don't they just ask all 72 clubs to vote on whether they're happy for clubs to be suing each other in this way? They'd lose 70-2!

Exactly, it even gives them an excuse to hide behind when Gibson comes calling.

Sorry master Gibbo but the clubs decided this not us!

When I was about 7 and at Xmas time my parents would hang chocolates on the Xmas tree, One by one they would slowly disappear, Parents were baffled, Until I got caught with chocolate around my chops.

Mum said "got you", I said i've done nothing, She said why have you got chocolate around your mouth at 7am, No reply, I was busted.

The EFL have been busted, But yet keep saying it's down to Q...incredible, You could make this up?

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Any way that we could just get funding from someone... anyone... that'll see us out until the end of the season and buy us some time? I'm sure there's enough multi-millionaires around Derbyshire that could club together. Each side is blaming the other and we're eventually going to run out of time.

Alongside many others on here, I don't know what I'd do if there was no more DCFC.

I think the admins say in their statement (in a round-about way) that they have asked the bidders to stomp up the £7m. I'm guessing £2.33m each and an agreement between each of the 3 parties to repay the losing bidders. Makes sense to me. 

Edited by Ramitupper
typo

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People calling Quantuma and saying they're incompetent - no chance, this is probably one of the hardest things they've had to deal with and IMO, they've handled things well so far.

They seem to be the only ones who come across as professional.

Absolutely - I have no reason to be a Quantuma fan boy but there statement is so much more professional so much more balanced than the EFL 'blame everyone else' approach. YOU ARE THE EFFING REGULATOR, sort it.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People calling Quantuma and saying they're incompetent - no chance, this is probably one of the hardest things they've had to deal with and IMO, they've handled things well so far.

They seem to be the only ones who come across as professional.

I don’t know how competent or not they are, it’s hard to tell really.

However you are absolutely correct with the rest of your statement, this is an incredibly tricky and time consuming scenario. Not only having two clubs chase you for erroneous claims and stopping you from conducting your business, but also the regulator blocking your every move.

The worrying thing for me is we're 11 days away from possible extinction yet there doesn't seem to be any urgency in any of the statements from both sides. My only hope is the EFL and admins have made a quiet agreement they'll drag it out for the transfer window, let us keep hold of our players but not sign anyone then the PB will be announced at the last minute.

Ahhh, of course. They were absolved of any wrongdoing by the Independent disciplinary panel…

That should be pretty sound and final then..

25 AUG 2020 - 

Derby County have had both charges against them dismissed by the independent disciplinary commission, meaning they will not face a points deduction or a fine.

The outcome was as follows: Charge one was dismissed. Charge two was also dismissed, save for, the commission found the wording of the amortisation policy in its financial statements could have been clearer.