The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

For all we know, Ashley or any preferred bidder may be saying ‘look, we are willing to take on the claims after the takeover. However we would prefer not to, put the pressure on, if it’s not resolved at the very last minute we will step in.’ That for example could be one scenario. There are games being played, very dangerous games by all involved. Let’s just hope someone somewhere blinks and makes the right decision for the sake of Derby’s future. 

Yes, it's entirely possible. These transactions usually involve brinkmanship in an effort to squeeze the price as much as possible. 

15 hours ago, Eatonram said:

I think we need to put the ball in the Boro/wycombe court to force them to turn down or accept an offer. Along the lines of we accept no liability whatsoever, however, to break this impasse and meet the Government's aim of finding a pragmatic solution we offer to make a donation to Charities of their choosing of £100k to each club if they agree to drop their claims. This is a one off time limited offer to draw a line under the issue.

It would simply make everyone look in their direction and ask Well? They need to be forced, publicly to make a decision on some sort of offer....if they turn it down we say we tried but, as we expected, they simply want money from us.

Still think this is worth a role if the dice. Make it emotive and put the ball in the parasites court to give an answer. Make our offer public and get the MPs on board to offer support. 

6 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I can't see why we wouldn't all be able to sue them? Are teams not awarded prize money based on finishing positions? Could an argument be made that if FFP is not breached that MFC could be relegated? 

As we've said before, by allowing this to continue, the EFL could open the floodgates.  If we had more time on our side, I would have hoped we would have gone after QPR, with full intention to drop the claim before it got too far but to make the point.

I understand the sentiment, but we are either against the litigious practices of WW & MB or in favour of them.

Us participating in such actions merely validates the actions of the parasites.

Plus I wouldn't wish the pain we are enduring on the fans of any other clubs.

Any potential new owner, will be crunching the numbers as to whether its worth covering the repayments, is the cost to great.

The debt is circa 50 million, so on a repayment plan with msd and hmrc is the largest amount.

I think I'm right in saying that these would be on repayment plans and not on instant lump sum repayment.

Then I'm thinking if Derby sells Knight it's 8 to 10 million for the player.

So if Everton take Rooney as their new manager, that's a compensation package to Derby of say 2 million?

I would let Everton take Rooney unless they agree to also take Knight, for Knight I'd ask for 10 million from Everton.

So that's 12 million, which keeps the club in business until the end of the season.

I think both Rooney and Knight would be a loss to the club.

31 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

You ever get the feeling that Boro don't think they will be hit for breaking those rules? 

Maybe they have some magic accounting to fix it that the EFL will actually like, or is this pay off they want to get to just get under the limits. Or will they blame it on covid and the EFL will just accept that without really looking a they won't be hit. 

I wouldn't put anything past either of them

Sorry for repeating myself, but I gaurantee, we will be the last club to be treated by the EFL the way we have, they will change rules and procedures after this, the first team to benefit will be Boro

Edited by BriggRam

3 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Sorry for repeating myself, but I gaurantee, we will be the last club to be treated by the EFL the way we have, they will change rules procedure after this, the first team to benefit will be Boro

Agree with this. It’s inevitable, and the final insult. 

The second we’re gone they’ll decide that claims of this nature can’t be construed as football debts, and that clubs suing other clubs outside of the EFL processes will be punished by removing those clubs’ golden share.

Guaranteed.

Then they’ll cry crocodile tears over not being able to do this in time to save Derby. In fact they’ll use us as the poster child for why those changes are necessary. Even when we’re dead they’ll still be humping us.

Edited by StaffsRam

The thing that grinds my gears with the this, is the EFL by allowing  and deflecting these claims are culpable and complicit of bringing the game which they are appointed to govern into disrepute.

We have already accepted our punishment. How is it remotely possible to have a system whereby you undergo an investigation by the league, who imposed various sanctions and ultimately awarded a deduction of points to conclude the matter. Only then to be open to further independent ‘legal’ proceedings because of the outcome of the leagues investigation.

Surely the leagues decisions (after any subsequent appeals) and penalties applied should be final otherwise they are not governing.

Stinks of double jeopardy.

This has become a game of chicken. We need to be the ones proceeding with our eyes open. In my opinion, we now need a comprehensive plan of action:

1.  Fan power is key here. There is a misconception that we are cheats which we need to address. 

2.  We need a timeline of events, facts and key points which will also be useful for MP's etc when talking to the EFL and other parties. 

3. There is plenty of evidence  showing the weakness of WW and Boro's claims. These should be shared with the supporters groups of both clubs TOGETHER WITH facts showing we are not cheats. As a Boro fan, I would be worried at the floodgates being opened for legal action against other clubs. As a "bigger player", they would have a target on their backs. Do fans of other clubs want to fear of legal action especially those the forum has identified as being at risk of such claims.

4. EFL are at a loss what to do? They need a "get out" that shows them in the best possible light and leaves them with some credibility. What is that? Can we propose that for them?

5. Direct action at the EFL offices.

1 minute ago, Hustler said:

This has become a game of chicken. We need to be the ones proceeding with our eyes open. In my opinion, we now need a comprehensive plan of action:

1.  Fan power is key here. There is a misconception that we are cheats which we need to address. 

2.  We need a timeline of events, facts and key points which will also be useful for MP's etc when talking to the EFL and other parties. 

3. There is plenty of evidence  showing the weakness of WW and Boro's claims. These should be shared with the supporters groups of both clubs TOGETHER WITH facts showing we are not cheats. As a Boro fan, I would be worried at the floodgates being opened for legal action against other clubs. As a "bigger player", they would have a target on their backs. Do fans of other clubs want to fear of legal action especially those the forum has identified as being at risk of such claims.

4. EFL are at a loss what to do? They need a "get out" that shows them in the best possible light and leaves them with some credibility. What is that? Can we propose that for them?

5. Direct action at the EFL offices.

Before any of that we need proof of funding to exist past Feb 1st!

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I see the Admins missed yet another deadline yesterday after agreeing with Ramstrust to provide an update to fans. 

It takes 10 minutes to type an update, they're not doing themselves any favours at all. 

I wouldn't say it's quite that simple when said update could be used in court later down the line. Also when your waging a PR war against someone and trying to keep potential buyers on the hook you want to make sure you get your wording right