The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I just think we're in pretty much the exact same position we were a week ago, or a month ago for that matter. Stalemate.

The only difference now is that there's 1000x more public scrutiny on this issue, with plenty of external people questioning the EFL and pushing for us to be saved. The way I see it, that makes the EFL more likely to accept that those two clubs aren't football creditors.

There is a reason for the EFL, Boro and Couhig making noise, they can see the way public opinion is going and would much rather this have been kept quiet. I think we're in a hugely better position.

I'm not sure why people think the latest from that meeting is bad. 

On Monday, I don't think our MPs, other club's fans, the media, or the Sports Minister knew the underhanded nature of the EFL. 

I think 2 days later everyone knows the position and it makes the EFL look massively incompetent at best. 

I think the EFL have no choice but to back down and throw the claims out. I'm at the point where I feel confident about it. 

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Another interpretation of that thread suggests the Admins are preparing the ground to take the claims out of the equation with a Cross Class Cram Down action. To get one, a court has to believe that no party to the action is worse off than any other possible outcome - and it looks like the Admins are clearly illustrating that the alternative is liquidation and virtually nothing for all creditors.

A CCCD that offers to pay 100% to all current football debts and secured creditors; 25% to to other recognised creditors and strikes out the claims as non creditors would allow the Club to have a clear path forward and would fit into current EFL insolvency exit rules.

If the EFL attempted to block the transfer over the golden share to the new owners over the treatment of the MFC and WWFC claims they would be in breach of their own Articles and be in the firing line for a legal challenge.

Big stakes.

If that move fails it's liquidation. If it succeeds it's very likely to have league consequences.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As I understand it - this hasn't just been prepared for, it was actively proposed, but shut down due to the EFL not ruling on whether the claims by MFC and WWFC are football debts or not.

If they rule 'in favour' of those two, we're finished. Nobody will taken on that risk.

If they rule 'in favour' of DCFC, we're saved, but at the anger of MFC and WWFC who would, given their seemingly nuclear stance, probably attack the EFL and then the new owners again for good measure.

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

Just remind me someone, how does it change things if MFC & WWFC aren't football creditors ?

See my post - I imagine you posted seconds after I had ?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Or one of the bidders will decide to stump up some extra cash and pay Boro and Wycombe something to make it go away. Unpalatable, but better than the alternative.

Makes no financial sense. But one can hope - it was reported that Mike Ashley was going to see what Gibson would want, I think?

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Just remind me someone, how does it change things if MFC & WWFC aren't football creditors ?

The admins kick off the exit plan they have. A preferred bidder is chosen, they put in enough funding to cover the rest of the season. The exit is sorted and signed off by creditors, We sell to that bidder, exit admin and carry on. 

Obviously there are a lot of potential hurdles in there, and no guarantees of anything. But it's a viable plan to recovery.

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

On Monday, I don't think our MPs, other club's fans, the media, or the Sports Minister knew the underhanded nature of the EFL. 

I think 2 days later everyone knows the position and it makes the EFL look massively incompetent at best. 

I think the EFL have no choice but to back down and throw the claims out. I'm at the point where I feel confident about it. 

The problem is they do have a choice... there has been absolutely nothing from the statements of any party including the EFL indicating they're ready to budge. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On the face of it, we're in pretty much the exact same position we were a week ago, or a month ago for that matter. Stalemate. 

The only difference now is that there's 1000x more public scrutiny on this issue, with plenty of external people questioning the EFL and pushing for us to be saved. The way I see it, that makes the EFL more likely to accept that those two clubs aren't football creditors.

I really hope this is the case. 

It's probably the EFL's record of helping clubs in trouble that's adding to my pessimism. Hopefully they're made to change their ways on this occasion.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The really worrying part is players sales flat out not viable due to the amounts involved.

We've all seen the figures so far - the Administrators have probably calculated that more would be raised for established Football Creditors through compensation gathered by the EFL for players under 24 than would be raised now from sales, so there's no point. If someone came in with a half-sensible offer for a player, they'd probably sell, but the vultures want them for next to nothing.

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

Because there is still no path out of this, plus we still have no proof of funds. 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As I understand it - this hasn't just been prepared for, it was actively proposed, but shut down due to the EFL not ruling on whether the claims by MFC and WWFC are football debts or not.

If they rule 'in favour' of those two, we're finished. Nobody will taken on that risk.

If they rule 'in favour' of DCFC, we're saved, but at the anger of MFC and WWFC who would, given their seemingly nuclear stance, probably attack the EFL and then the new owners again for good measure.

In reality whichever way the decision went Boro and Wycombe will get nothing wouldn’t they?

Think this is the “pragmatism” that was being called for yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The admins kick off the exit plan they have. A preferred bidder is chosen, they put in enough funding to cover the rest of the season. The exit is sorted and signed off by creditors, We sell to that bidder, exit admin and carry on. 

Obviously there are a lot of potential hurdles in there, and no guarantees of anything. But it's a viable plan to recovery.

But they assumes they'll go forward when there are the B&W claims, and we know they won't.