The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not really how is it irrelevant.  Suggest you get on and sign his petition to finish us of if you feel so strongly.  If you owed 30 million you'd pay 35 % with another chunk over 2 years. 25% won't be accepted. I pay PAYE so it's taken at source.  In actual fact, as a director you can take a loan instead of paying tax, buy a Ferrari and then wind the business up before the due date of paying it back.   Don't fill tax returns in, get a determination and pay far less than is due. This has gone for years.  HMRC should be keeping a closer watch on this kind of accruing debt.  

I just don't understand why someone would take umbrage with a taxpayer being angry with HMRC not collecting taxes from a multi million pound business.

I won't be signing the petition for obvious reasons, but I also wont take issue with anyone that did choose to sign it.

ouch.... doesn't make great reading. Much as we expected to a degree in that the scale of claims if not ruled out as football debt will render the club valueless. Seems quite black and white really. Boro and Wycombe's actions along with EFL complicity will finish the club because regardless of what they think there is no magic pot of money buried under the corner flag that can pay for these claims. Do they still wonder why they are being portrayed as the bad guys now ?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I just don't understand why someone would take umbrage with a taxpayer being angry with HMRC not collecting taxes from a multi million pound business.

I won't be signing the petition for obvious reasons, but I also wont take issue with anyone that did choose to sign it.

I'm not , if this bloke was from Aberdee. As he's from a club16 miles down the road there may be another agenda rather than the public purse.

Is there anything else we can do to up the political pressure on the EFL? We need maximum pressure on them but most of the mainstream media do not care. It feels like we only get mentioned because they can say the name Wayne Rooney in the same sentence ?

If he does leave I don't see Sky giving any poo's that the club is dieing.

The administrator believe they have attracted the maximum amount that can be salvaged for creditors from current interested parties and that finding money to settle MFC and WWFC claims will make the departure from administration unachievable which would make liquidation likely.”

This in itself is worrying as owt.

Heart says we’ll be OK. We’ll find a solution and get out of this.

Head says, well, we’re ducked.

Jumble of thoughts really from me, but IF the EFL, Wycombe, Boro allow us to basically cease to exist due to non football creditors - They’ve buggered it too. Can imagine HMRC, and other creditors taking action against them three if they aren’t able to get atleast 25p to the £1 for what they are owed.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don’t forget Hosking could also be calling their bluff. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a bidder eventually offering extra cash to come to a compromise (as painful as that would be).

If he's calling their bluff in a meeting with a local MP rather than being candid about the situation that'd make me concerned for different reasons. This doesn't feel like a 'calling their bluff' kind of statement given they've not moved an inch but rather an admission there is nothing more they can realistically do. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bigger than the value of the club. 40 million then despite protestation 

All depends whether Boro and Wycombe are actually after money or are after the liquidation of Derby. It's clear that the most we can offer is a very small settlement to each so that they go away. If Derby liquidate they will get nothing and will be the most hated teams in the land - you choose.....