The Administration Thread

Boycie

39 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The fact that they can’t categorically say that their regulations comply with current legal statutes says it all. 

I think they are saying a different thing. They are saying there is a statute that Q are going to use to compromise claims. (They don’t dispute that the statute does what it says.) And they are saying there is disagreement about the interpretation of the EFl football creditor rules, in cases where claims are compromised under that statute. 

You can’t write 600 pages of regulations without points like this arising, particularly given that the law is constantly changing 

1 minute ago, chipperram said:

Para one does indeed state Feb 1st, however the actually call it a “further extension” when we originally had to the end of the season. Not sure hoe that is a further extension.

Well it’s an arbitrary date they have come up with to destroy Derby County .

Its significant that it’s at end of January window and allows another transfer embargo. 

They should tell Boro if they don’t withdraw their claim against Derby which threatens to destabilize the League with precedent set for all clubs to do the same they will give them a point deduction.

You can’t  have open house on clubs vs club’s claiming against each other as it’s not sustainable 

15 minutes ago, The Baron said:

The ITV interview went on for 15 minutes and they take a couple of ten second sound bites out of it. I did cover the claims from both those clubs but they weren’t broadcast presumably. 

As much as Rick Parry loathes me he’s not attempting to put Derby out of business, why would he do that, and also why would I want it either? 

I don't know why you would want that, maybe you don't, but that's what the result of your actions could well bring about.

Rick Parry has the power to allow this takeover to go ahead at the stroke of a pen but he daren't because of Steve Gibson.

Still in disbelief where we are. So many what ifs along the way.

What if the EFL told Mel 5/6 years ago that he couldn’t account for player sales in that manner?

All of this would have been avoided. We wouldn’t have spent anywhere near the money we did. Boro wouldn’t have any claim against us for last season.

It all started with failings by the EFL to do their job properly and 5/6 years on they continue to do so.

8 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Someone on Twitter stole my meme. I am going to put a Steve Gibson style  claim in. 

The 17 likes, 8 cry laughing reactions and 3 claps this would have got if it hadn't been stolen elsewhere must be worth a couple mil.

To quote Rob Couhig "I'm not sure if there's a case but we'll look into it anyway"

14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Theres nothing in the EFL regulations that state the spurious claims need to be sorted. Its difficult to understand how you cannot see this.

I think we’ve got crossed wires

There’s nothing in the rules that requires the claims to be sorted before, say, Ashley takes us over. I agree. The problem is, as a commercial matter Ashley is not willing to proceed as PB until the claims are sorted. So the assertions of our fans that EFL is stopping PB being announced are wrong.

This is all I was trying to say in my post 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

There’s nothing in the rules that requires the claims to be sorted before, say, Ashley takes us over. I agree. The problem is, as a commercial matter Ashley is not willing to proceed as PB until the claims are sorted. So the assertions of our fans that EFL is stopping PB being announced are wrong.

But the EFL should tell Boro to drop the claim or they themselves will get a points deduction.

Open season on clubs vs clubs is not sustainable for the EFL or the clubs .

This is a 12 round fight and we’ve just won round 1. 

The fact they’ve come out and gave a statement at 10pm as others have suggested is because they are rattled. 

We’ve only really turned the pressure up since Friday and look what’s happened already. The rallying and support is fantastic to see and we now have a duty to keep the pressure on, don’t let up under any costs until this club is safe. 

I know it looks bleak, but don’t give up. Keep hounding the ********

They will break eventually

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

You are wrong. The EFL are stopping a PB unless the PB agrees to sort the claims. Big difference. The EFL should decide on the administrators PB without any interference from any claims from Boro or Wycombe.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well it’s an arbitrary date they have come up with to destroy Derby County .

Its significant that it’s at end of January window and allows another transfer embargo. 

They should tell Boro if they don’t withdraw their claim against Derby which threatens to destabilize the League with precedent set for all clubs to do the same they will give them a point deduction.

You can’t  have open house on clubs vs club’s claiming against each other as it’s not sustainable 

It contradicts what is in the main  second paragraph. I wonder if it is meant to say a further extension from 1 Feb with the detail in Para 2 of the extension. The whole statement is so poorly written, I bet I am not the only with this confusion.

Never forget their statement after we got the £100k fine.

When they were "disappointed" at the outcome and "regrettably" could find no grounds to appeal it.

That would be after going through their own disciplinary processes, the processes that are written in the rules, the processes we are all supposed to have faith in coming to the correct conclusion, they still weren’t happy at the outcome and wished they could find a way to punish us further as they didn’t think it was enough.

Well, well done EFL, you found a way.

What an absolute disgrace.

1 minute ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Never forget their statement after we got the £100k fine.

When they were "disappointed" at the outcome and "regrettably" could find no grounds to appeal it.

That would be after going through their own disciplinary processes, the processes that are written in the rules, the processes we are all supposed to have faith in coming to the correct conclusion, they still weren’t happy at the outcome and wished they could find a way to punish us further as they didn’t think it was enough.

Well, well done EFL, you found a way.

What an absolute disgrace.

And they way they gave us two different sets of fixtures to allow that dipshit at Wycombe an open door to make his ******** claim. 

4 minutes ago, chipperram said:

It contradicts what is in the main  second paragraph. I wonder if it is meant to say a further extension from 1 Feb with the detail in Para 2 of the extension. The whole statement is so poorly written, I bet I am not the only with this confusion.

Fair enough mate it is confusing.

This might help 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/17/football-league-chief-denies-has-vendetta-against-Derby-county/

This could have all been avoided 6 years ago if the efl did there jobs properly. When we started our accountancy way or even a year in the efl had looked and said hmm we’re not sure about this as all other teams do this we need to get it looked at and see if it’s in the rules we will advise. Instead sign off accounts for 4 years to find out we breach account 6 years later. How can we know we have cost middlesborough a place in the play offs if we didn’t even know we had breached ffp by then because we weren’t even charged. If this hadn’t of been allowed to happen we wouldn’t have overspent and theoretically there would be no cases against us and we wouldn’t be 2 weeks away from oblivion 

Edited by Barney1991