The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Beckett at least sounds like she's got some fight and she's getting to grips with the issue. Think this is going to be a huge huge huge week for us.

Who even knows what will come in the next 24 hours? There's shots ringing out everywhere now

She only buried her husband a couple of weeks ago too.

4 minutes ago, SBW said:

Genuine question, what sort of (legitimate) influence can local MP's have on the EFL.  What sort of pressure can they put on?

I'm trying to think logically as to the impact they can have to possibly try and force hands?  I am struggling to see anything that could be 'instant' as such.  I mentioned pushing for reform, which is a long-term issue.  I'm not sure they have any real voting influence as such to harm the EFL.

Maybe Sports Minister could try, but the money involved in the game makes the authorities so powerful. 

I wonder if they could get Parry & Birch infront of the DCMS Select Committee for a proper grilling?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£180m for promotion based on increased income in the first season of being in the PL, followed by 2 seasons of parachute payments.

4 teams in the playoffs.

£180m / 4 = £45m

And that's all profit? With no tax? 

And Boro had a 1 in 4 chance of beating  both Leeds and Villa? Despite losing 6 out of their last 7 games? Is that what the bookies said? And the bookies don't have profit margin on their odds?  And Boro would definitely have finished sixth if Derby had not allegedly broken the FFP rules? And not Bristol City? Or maybe even Derby? Or someone else? And there was no contributory negligence by anyone else? Like EFL? Or Boro who appointed Pulis? 

And the allegation of cheating? Did Mel Morris know he was breaking the rules? If so they can go after him. 

So that's the quantum of loss. Now about the merits of the case... also (according to Quantuma without merit) So that's less than 50% chance of success. Probably a lot less than 50%.

And are they really football creditors?  Are they really in law to be treated as higher priority than HMRC, (HMRC are actually preferred creditors according to the law). 

Now let's do the maths again.   It doesn't quite come to £45 million. More like £4.50p 

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Like I said, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but the EFLs position seems to be that we need to sell players to raise the funds, because there’s no guarantee we get a preferred bidder sorted in time, or that the bidder provides the funds or whatever.

Which might be fair enough if our administrators hadn’t spoken to them on Thursday and said they have three credible bids, and we’re ready to name one as the preferred option. We don’t need to sell players if we can go about our lawful business of naming a bidder and taking in their funding.

EFL (and certain other clubs) are gutted we have the fight to possibly avoid relegation, and have also been able to secure a legitimate way out of admin without giving them cheap pickings of our talent.

4 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

Just replied to him stating that there have been many clubs over the last few years suffer through the poor governance of EFL and that i hope they won't leave it without at least talking to Quantuma. Noticed Margaret Beckett has waded in as well...

Love this para from her statement:

image.png.4fd9561359d55fd8e6c03d443463cfe4.png

11 minutes ago, SBW said:

Genuine question, what sort of (legitimate) influence can local MP's have on the EFL.  What sort of pressure can they put on?

I'm trying to think logically as to the impact they can have to possibly try and force hands?  I am struggling to see anything that could be 'instant' as such.  I mentioned pushing for reform, which is a long-term issue.  I'm not sure they have any real voting influence as such to harm the EFL.

Maybe Sports Minister could try, but the money involved in the game makes the authorities so powerful. 

I guess I just got my answer.  Nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Looks like the pressure on the efl to sort this out and explain themselves has had some impact.....they know they are under scrutiny by higher powers.

Let's hope it continues to have the desired effect...

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  Our primary means of raising enough funds was to name a PB, and allow them to chivvy up.  EFL are saying we can't do that until the parasites have been dealt with to an all round agreeable outcome.  All we have is an email off curly sue saying he's considering removing our panties, and would we mind bending down so he can reach them. 
Nothing official.  No legal papers.  No summons.  No hearing dates.  How the hell do we sort that out.  It's little more than thin air, as it stands!

Selling the entire first team "might" just about raise the required funds... but then we wouldn't be able to fulfil our fixtures!

And selling the entire first team then makes a mockery of the integrity of the league as we play out the remaining part of the season.

How we sort it out is straightforward.  Boro and WW withdraw their claims or some kind of negotiated settlement/compromise is reached that allows them, the PB and the EFL to be comfortable or the administrators raise the funds (either through borrowing or sales or both) to show proof of funds, using the time to follow option 1 or 2, or the courts rule.

If we are to survive AND remain competitive so that our fate is decided on the pitch, we have to hope that the pressure can continue to be ramped up on those who can find a way of getting the two clubs to withdraw or find a compromise.

Keep the pressure on! 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Which might be fair enough if our administrators hadn’t spoken to them on Thursday and said they have three credible bids, and we’re ready to name one as the preferred option. We don’t need to sell players if we can go about our lawful business of naming a bidder and taking in their funding.

EFL (and certain other clubs) are gutted we have the fight to possibly avoid relegation, and have also been able to secure a legitimate way out of admin without giving them cheap pickings of our talent.

But the issue from the EFLs point of view, is that all of those bids are conditional on the ‘Boro/Wycombe claims going away.  There’s no guarantee that any of them ever get as far as being named preferred bidders and putting cash in.

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  Our primary means of raising enough funds was to name a PB, and allow them to chivvy up.  EFL are saying we can't do that until the parasites have been dealt with to an all round agreeable outcome.  All we have is an email off curly sue saying he's considering removing our panties, and would we mind bending down so he can reach them. 
Nothing official.  No legal papers.  No summons.  No hearing dates.  How the hell do we sort that out.  It's little more than thin air, as it stands!

Selling the entire first team "might" just about raise the required funds... but then we wouldn't be able to fulfil our fixtures!

The conflict of interest issue is staggering under the circumstances…

7 minutes ago, Ramos said:

The key, in all of this, is that at this point Middlesbrough and Wycombe are still only threatening legal action.

Middlesbrough commenced their claim 12 months ago which would seem to have been a great chance to be named as a football creditor. And yet they remain sat on the pot unable to relieve themselves of their poo. I wonder why that might be? I can’t imagine Derby have much choice over whether legal action is brought about so why has it not happened?